Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far I learned most ppl, who got the pre-installed front mud flaps or front/back mud flaps or rear doors' PPFs, are from PNW or some northern states. On my delivery day, I didn't see these accessories installed in any MYs. Not sure if these cars are all from Fremont!?
We picked up our Fremont-built, MYLR in Dedham, MA yesterday and it came with mud flaps and rear wheel-well PPF installed. All of the other "ready to be delivered" new Model Y's in the lot had both installed too. They told me all new Y's are coming through with them lately and that I could just return the ppf and mud flaps I pre-ordered and was ready to install myself.

Reactions: retbesla
Quick poll: how many people are putting PPF on the front of their car? Ceramic coating? It annoys me that everywhere I look says it is a must do thing. Is this marketing or does the paint really suck that much?
I went back and forth on this after doing neither to any car i've owned. Somehow, I got sucked into the hype on here and found a place, and got a quote for tint (mandatory in my book) front ppf and ceramic coating. Finally, after really thinking about it and after selling my mercedes which was black to Carmax, they didn't even notice the rock chips the car had.. so I read threads on here and realize the worst case scenario for me if I didn't get the ppf was to get touch up paint.. I did get the ceramic coating and I will ALWAYS get that moving forward on all cars... My car is super shiny and got compliments about how the paint felt and looked immediately... of course, everyone's circumstances vary, but the coating is amazing! Ceramic tint is a must as well..

24 hours in - quite happy so far with the car... installed as many of the accessories I could so far. Just having one issue: the doors don't really close very well, easily. They need a really hard push to do so. Anyone else facing that issue? I am not usually the one for banging doors, but this car really needs that right now.
The rubber linings soften with time.. I believe this happens with a lot of folks... it will get better.. happened with me for sure..

Reactions: UrbanNomad
24 hours in - quite happy so far with the car... installed as many of the accessories I could so far. Just having one issue: the doors don't really close very well, easily. They need a really hard push to do so. Anyone else facing that issue? I am not usually the one for banging doors, but this car really needs that right now.
Same here. I overheard a SA mentioning it to someone else while I picked up my car. Apparently they are just hard doors to shut.

We picked up our Fremont-built, MYLR in Dedham, MA yesterday and it came with mud flaps and rear wheel-well PPF installed. All of the other "ready to be delivered" new Model Y's in the lot had both installed too. They told me all new Y's are coming through with them lately and that I could just return the ppf and mud flaps I pre-ordered and was ready to install myself.

Mine arrived from Austin with these installed.
So nice to you all.

Mine from Austin doesn't have them. And dozens of MYs I saw in NY on the weekend didn't, either. Bad for NYers.

The rubber linings soften with time.. I believe this happens with a lot of folks... it will get better.. happened with me for sure..

Same here. I overheard a SA mentioning it to someone else while I picked up my car. Apparently they are just hard doors to shut.
Hard to close, too.

Well I was a bit worried after some older posts about having issues delaying orders at the end of the month/quarter, but turns out it didn't matter. Was able to schedule delivery 6/24. Picking it up at the Columbus location.
Closing the loop. Delivery of our LR got moved to 6/27. My wife purchased, but was out of town so they had her sign some paperwork beforehand and let me take delivery. Everything was super smooth and I was very surprised by the build quality. Everything was really nice and no nits to fix. Already put on black hubcaps from aliexpress and did a ceramic graphene coating.

Attachments

• IMG_4973.jpg
    IMG_4973.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4989.jpg
    IMG_4989.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 44
Closing the loop. Delivery of our LR got moved to 6/27. My wife purchased, but was out of town so they had her sign some paperwork beforehand and let me take delivery. Everything was super smooth and I was very surprised by the build quality. Everything was really nice and no nits to fix. Already put on black hubcaps from aliexpress and did a ceramic graphene coating.
I put black hubcaps on mine as well. We are using the same color combination. I love the look of mine. I know you will enjoy yours as well.

Reactions: skylines
I just got a text from Tesla, and I can schedule an appointment for pick-up! They said that the MY will be built in the next 1-2 days, so the VIN is not yet ready. I picked this Thursday and hope that it will be ready by that time.

@Alonzo, I still haven't got the VIN, but you are pretty close! 👍
I still haven't received the VIN, but tomorrow would be the scheduled delivery date. Messaged the Tesla team about that but still haven't got any feedback. I think they may delay my delivery...