Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was between the center console and passenger seat. Maybe check there and see if it’s hidden?
We’ve been all through the vehicle since driving it.. nothing. Interestingly enough the day we took delivery it had the paper in the window with my wife’s name on it and a clipboard with signature of release etc.. but no Monroney document as we kept all paperwork we had inside that day. In PA you can have an immediate registration printed and that system was down the day we took delivery, hence we had a label inside the back window for temp reg. Within minutes they guy came back out with permanent registration document and removed the temp from the back window. Other than that no other docs.

We’ve been all through the vehicle since driving it.. nothing. Interestingly enough the day we took delivery it had the paper in the window with my wife’s name on it and a clipboard with signature of release etc.. but no Monroney document as we kept all paperwork we had inside that day. In PA you can have an immediate registration printed and that system was down the day we took delivery, hence we had a label inside the back window for temp reg. Within minutes they guy came back out with permanent registration document and removed the temp from the back window. Other than that no other docs.
you might want to text the number that you communicated with earlier and ask about it. I think that document is required by law to be on the vehicle and only removed by the purchaser. I have always saved mine as they can come in handy to have when selling later.

We picked up my wife’s MYP in Mechanicsburg PA back on the 14th of June and did not receive this Monroe’s sticker / paper, interestingly enough I noticed many people on here show having them, aren’t they a standard if not issued by law for every new vehicle sold?

I also wonder if we can still obtain ours from the SC or whether they just discarded it.
All the cars waiting for the pickup on my delivery time had their window sticker placed behind the monitor, except mine. I found it in my trunk later.

By law, all the new cars require to show the window sticker. In theory, this sticker will be passed to the first buyer/owner. However, Tesla sometimes doesn’t play by the book, or they may mishandle it during the madness of June. I think you should ask for that.

Yes and no. Not sure if this is what you are referring to or not
View attachment 952308
But on the subscription setting it gives me the option to purchase it:
View attachment 952309
I didn’t purchase FSD, but do think to subscribe it when doing the trips since we all have the FSD hardware and capability ready.

I think, prior to your screen of Additional Vehicle Information, you should see all your subscriptions and packages under your Model Y name. Like we have Premium Connectivity for a-month, you will see it listed there with the expiration date. If you have FSD or EAP, I guess you will see - Full Self Driving Capability Included Package?? And another hint is that you will not see the options to subscribe FSD if you car already has FSD.

Lots of threads in this forum are talking about this topic. You may like to check there.

Is it normal for the Monroney sticker to show FSD, when I didn't actually purchase FSD? I know the feature can be added and removed remotely, so I am wondering if it originally was programmed with FSD and removed, since I didn't purchase it, but find it odd that it shows on the sticker.
What was the total price on the sticker? Mine did not include that line since I didn’t purchase it, and total purchase price is what I paid. Maybe you got lucky and got it for free? :D

Attachments

• IMG_2456.jpeg
    IMG_2456.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 102
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
VIN4 Rejected at delivery: July 1
Denver, CO

Super bummed. Perfect weather today and whole family came for the delivery. Car was great with 1 exception. Unfortunately I felt I had to reject it. The roof seal at the leading edge was misaligned and sticking up right in the middle. Two people at the delivery center looked at it and told me the roof is glued on and the rubber seal doesn't affect water intrusion and it won't matter. That is probably true, but I don't want to accept a new vehicle with this defect that would be very difficult to correct. Tesla removed that Vin from my account and said I should get matched to another new one within a few days.

Attachments

• 20230701_100449.jpg
    20230701_100449.jpg
    482.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230701_100452.jpg
    20230701_100452.jpg
    626.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Informative
Reactions: AbblePC
MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

Super bummed. Perfect weather today and whole family came for the delivery. Car was great with 1 exception. Unfortunately I felt I had to reject it. The roof seal at the leading edge was misaligned and sticking up right in the middle. Two people at the delivery center looked at it and told me the roof is glued on and the rubber seal doesn't affect water intrusion and it won't matter. That is probably true, but I don't want to accept a new vehicle with this defect that would be very difficult to correct. Tesla removed that Vin from my account and said I should get matched to another new one within a few days.
Bummer! Sorry to hear that. Hopefully your next VIN comes ASAP.

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

I would reject it too.

Wondering if you know this car is the newly build these days or earlier. Try to figure out if it was rejected as well by the previous VIN holder.

Makes you wonder if anyone even inspects these cars on the assembly line.
They allow the “small” defects, as long as these are fixable by the local dealerships. If they intercept all these vehicles, the production numbers will go down.

All their labors are focusing on new car builds. If you are waiting for the new parts or components in the local dealership, you have to be patient. New parts are mainly for the new car builds, too.

Picked up my MYP on 6/30 at 11am at the Houston Cypress location. They herded us all like cats (~20 people) for a group orientation, and did a light show with all the cars. After wards we were made to accept delivery within the Tesla app and inspect our vehicles. I looked it over in all of 15 min, set up my phone key, and drove out. I really appreciated that delivery took place indoors away from the 104F heat and 70% humidity. My car was perfect, but I also think that MSM hides paint imperfections better. All in all, a very good experience, and I am super pleased with my vehicle. It’s getting tinted this Monday. Side note, window tinting for Teslas seems overpriced.

My watch has ended. Thanks and good luck all!

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
Denver, CO

Ugh, bummer indeed. I think I would have rejected it too. I’d be thinking about it every time it rained and that would bug me. Hopefully your next VIN will be better, good luck!

MYLR
White
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 28
ODD: June-July
EDD1 (June 14): June 22 - June 30
EDD2 (June 17): July 1 - July 8
DD (June 22): June 28
VIN: (June 17): PF805XXX = HW4 + matrix

Took delivery on June 28 at the Cincinnati SC during a bright sunny day. The text I received 15 minutes prior to my appointment said to go into the app and accept delivery so I can get in the vehicle. I wanted to inspect it first so I didn’t do anything and before going in to the SC, I inspected the exterior of the car.

Panel gaps look good (to my untrained eye at least), paying close attention to the headlights, tail lights, trunk alignment, doors and fender gaps, glass seals. Noticed a paint defect on the passenger rear view mirror, didn’t really bother me too much.

Went inside and checked in, they would not let me in the car unless I handed over my cashier’s check. That really annoyed me even though I half-expected it. Handed over the check, went out and got inside the car. Couldn’t find anything wrong, other that some dirt in the trunk that could be vacuumed. Not a big deal, at least it’s not grease or something that would be a mess to clean up. The car was charged to 89%. I didn’t get a chance to try super charging as the entire lot was filled with MY and M3 that were all lined up looking like they were getting prepped.

There was a clip board on the center arm rest with paper work to fill out and sign. Went back in to the SC and handed my paper work and told the lady about the paint defect. She came out and took a look, put in a service request for it. Should I even bother? Feels like there is clear coat on top. The SA said they deal with paint imperfections all the time. I just don’t want to make it to be a bigger problem than it is.

Spent about 45 minutes total inspecting the car, there was no SA with me so I took my time, very happy on the drive home. The sound system is awesome! But I drove home with it mostly off, I wanted to keep an ear out for any rattles.

Couple of things: The turn signal goes continuously when moving the stalk slightly, it doesn’t do 3 flashes and off like I thought it’s supposed to. Am I missing something? I also think the cargo cover is a little funky to use. Maybe I’m not folding it up correctly when I want to access the lower trunk.

Swapped the wheel covers when I got home, installed the screen protector, and put in the floor mats. Got it tinted yesterday. Enjoying the car so far!

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2418.jpeg
    IMG_2418.jpeg
    658.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2448.jpeg
    IMG_2448.jpeg
    1,006 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2450.jpeg
    IMG_2450.jpeg