Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : May 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR
White
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 28
ODD: June-July
EDD1 (June 14): June 22 - June 30
EDD2 (June 17): July 1 - July 8
DD (June 22): June 28
VIN: (June 17): PF805XXX = HW4 + matrix

Took delivery on June 28 at the Cincinnati SC during a bright sunny day. The text I received 15 minutes prior to my appointment said to go into the app and accept delivery so I can get in the vehicle. I wanted to inspect it first so I didn’t do anything and before going in to the SC, I inspected the exterior of the car.

Panel gaps look good (to my untrained eye at least), paying close attention to the headlights, tail lights, trunk alignment, doors and fender gaps, glass seals. Noticed a paint defect on the passenger rear view mirror, didn’t really bother me too much.

Went inside and checked in, they would not let me in the car unless I handed over my cashier’s check. That really annoyed me even though I half-expected it. Handed over the check, went out and got inside the car. Couldn’t find anything wrong, other that some dirt in the trunk that could be vacuumed. Not a big deal, at least it’s not grease or something that would be a mess to clean up. The car was charged to 89%. I didn’t get a chance to try super charging as the entire lot was filled with MY and M3 that were all lined up looking like they were getting prepped.

There was a clip board on the center arm rest with paper work to fill out and sign. Went back in to the SC and handed my paper work and told the lady about the paint defect. She came out and took a look, put in a service request for it. Should I even bother? Feels like there is clear coat on top. The SA said they deal with paint imperfections all the time. I just don’t want to make it to be a bigger problem than it is.

Spent about 45 minutes total inspecting the car, there was no SA with me so I took my time, very happy on the drive home. The sound system is awesome! But I drove home with it mostly off, I wanted to keep an ear out for any rattles.

Couple of things: The turn signal goes continuously when moving the stalk slightly, it doesn’t do 3 flashes and off like I thought it’s supposed to. Am I missing something? I also think the cargo cover is a little funky to use. Maybe I’m not folding it up correctly when I want to access the lower trunk.

Swapped the wheel covers when I got home, installed the screen protector, and put in the floor mats. Got it tinted yesterday. Enjoying the car so far!
Nice. My blinker definitely does the 3 flashes and off when I lightly press and does the continuous flash when I hard press. You might want to have that checked as well.

Reactions: afource
MYLR
White
5 Seat Black Interior
19" Gemini
OD: May 28
ODD: June-July
EDD1 (June 14): June 22 - June 30
EDD2 (June 17): July 1 - July 8
DD (June 22): June 28
VIN: (June 17): PF805XXX = HW4 + matrix

Took delivery on June 28 at the Cincinnati SC during a bright sunny day. The text I received 15 minutes prior to my appointment said to go into the app and accept delivery so I can get in the vehicle. I wanted to inspect it first so I didn’t do anything and before going in to the SC, I inspected the exterior of the car.

Panel gaps look good (to my untrained eye at least), paying close attention to the headlights, tail lights, trunk alignment, doors and fender gaps, glass seals. Noticed a paint defect on the passenger rear view mirror, didn’t really bother me too much.

Went inside and checked in, they would not let me in the car unless I handed over my cashier’s check. That really annoyed me even though I half-expected it. Handed over the check, went out and got inside the car. Couldn’t find anything wrong, other that some dirt in the trunk that could be vacuumed. Not a big deal, at least it’s not grease or something that would be a mess to clean up. The car was charged to 89%. I didn’t get a chance to try super charging as the entire lot was filled with MY and M3 that were all lined up looking like they were getting prepped.

There was a clip board on the center arm rest with paper work to fill out and sign. Went back in to the SC and handed my paper work and told the lady about the paint defect. She came out and took a look, put in a service request for it. Should I even bother? Feels like there is clear coat on top. The SA said they deal with paint imperfections all the time. I just don’t want to make it to be a bigger problem than it is.

Spent about 45 minutes total inspecting the car, there was no SA with me so I took my time, very happy on the drive home. The sound system is awesome! But I drove home with it mostly off, I wanted to keep an ear out for any rattles.

Couple of things: The turn signal goes continuously when moving the stalk slightly, it doesn’t do 3 flashes and off like I thought it’s supposed to. Am I missing something? I also think the cargo cover is a little funky to use. Maybe I’m not folding it up correctly when I want to access the lower trunk.

Swapped the wheel covers when I got home, installed the screen protector, and put in the floor mats. Got it tinted yesterday. Enjoying the car so far!
Congrats!

For the turn signal, it should have 3 times or continuously as the default setting. But I personally prefer Auto Cancel feature. You may like to also check Manual, Page 60 - Lights, Turn Signals, to verify your setting. Hope nothing is wrong. Good luck.

Reactions: afource
Have a VIN that starts with 810 and built on June 15. I ordered on June 23. Are most receiving VINs around the 810s from Fremont? Mine is a 7 seater LR. Cannot tell if I received a VIN for a car in transit to the North East or if it was something else.

Have a VIN that starts with 810 and built on June 15. I ordered on June 23. Are most receiving VINs around the 810s from Fremont? Mine is a 7 seater LR. Cannot tell if I received a VIN for a car in transit to the North East or if it was something else.
You probably got one that someone else rejected for some reason. Mine was ordered on May 25, built in Fremont on June 26 or 27, and has a VIN of 823

MYLR
White
19 inch Gemini's
5 Seat Black Interior
Tow Hitch
OD: May 8
ODD: June/July
EDD1: May 27-June 10
EDD2: June 4-June 10
EDD3: May 29-June 7
VIN1: May 22
Manufactured1: May 22 Fremont
DD1: June 5
Order placed on Hold: June 1
Hold Expired: June 15th
EDD4: June 29-30
VIN2: June 16th (PF807XXX)
Manufactured2: ??? Fremont
VIN2 Removed: June 20th
VIN3: June 22nd (Austin)
VIN3 Removed: June 23rd
Order placed on Hold Until July 1: June 23
VIN4: June 28 (Freemont)
VIN4 Rejected at delivery: July 1 (roof seal problem)
Order placed on Hold until July 3rd: July 1
EDD5: July 1- July 8
Denver, CO

Just picked up mine in Aurora, CO. Everything was pretty smooth! I asked them to re-polish the entire vehicle because there were a couple spots they missed. There was 1 very tiny rock chip on the side door panel, which they will take care of next week. No other glaring issues. There seems to be a couple of people rejecting their delivery while I was there; not sure of the exact issues. One seemed to be a paint issue, as they waited for them to fix it in back, but ultimately rejected it.

Just picked up mine in Aurora, CO. Everything was pretty smooth! I asked them to re-polish the entire vehicle because there were a couple spots they missed. There was 1 very tiny rock chip on the side door panel, which they will take care of next week. No other glaring issues. There seems to be a couple of people rejecting their delivery while I was there; not sure of the exact issues. One seemed to be a paint issue, as they waited for them to fix it in back, but ultimately rejected it.
Wow, not sure how Tesla dealt with those rejected vehicles. Do they just try to re-assign to another person? Then, keeping trying the same method until the "lucky" guy shows up and takes the car!?

I have the same question. Maybe its case by case basis, depending on the defect. Or maybe they discount those vehicles with defects?
I should have asked while I was there! You should ask them next time you're there to pick up. They did mention the deliver about 30 cars per day there, so I would also think they polish these ASAP to get the deliveries out, which would lead to them overlooking quite a bit of fixable issues.

Congrats!

For the turn signal, it should have 3 times or continuously as the default setting. But I personally prefer Auto Cancel feature. You may like to also check Manual, Page 60 - Lights, Turn Signals, to verify your setting. Hope nothing is wrong. Good luck.
After one week driving my MYLR, I found the software is not perfect. I had to restart software once because the screen was frozen. I also experienced the turn signal (even with the auto cancel feature) doesn’t work 100% of time. I am living in NC, and have seen the temperature inside the car goes up to 145 degree during my work (checked using the Tesla app). I’m not sure the high temperature makes the issues. But I’m strongly recommending to have sun shades for your Tesla for summer if you have to park without shade for 8-9 hours~~~

• Helpful
Reactions: retbesla
Question: for everyone who picked up their teslas do you guys have a notice that pops up that says: Autopilot feature may be limited or unavailable and to schedule service for camera updates?

I connected wifi but it doesn’t update. 🥺 For reference it says APP _w348

Last edited:
Question: for everyone who picked up their teslas do you guys have a notice that pops up that says: Autopilot feature may be limited or unavailable and to schedule service for camera updates?

I connected wifi but it doesn’t update. 🥺 For reference it says APP _w348
I used AP on my way home from the dealership. Took a few miles to calibrate, then worked great. No pop ups

Reactions: retbesla