Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there, I also changed from LR to P on 2/3. Here's my experience so far:

Original Order: MYLR Blue/Black/5 Seats/19"/Tow
OD: 1/15 11PM East, completed profile immediately (order agreement says 1/16 OD)
Original EDD: Jan-Mar
Updated EDD: 2/9-3/9
2/3 - Updated Order to MYP Blue/Black/Tow (order agreement still shows 1/16 OD)
EDD: 2/9-3/9 (no change)
VIN: 2/7 PF683xxx (received text & email)
EDD: 2/26-3/7
2/9 - exchanged texts with online sales and they mentioned VIN ETA is 2/21, and I should receive a text to schedule delivery within a week
Delivery TBD
Tesla Location is Westchester-Mt. Kisco NY

Reactions: StoXto3toY
Ordered my white/black Y Performance tonight. Only add on was the tow hitch. Fingers crossed for take delivery within March. I planned to trade in my 2018 model 3 dual motor with 41k miles to Tesla. According to their website it’s worth between 24k - 25k. Right now the trade in section of the pre-delivery checklist is still showing pending. I uploaded all the requested pictures. Does anyone know when Tesla will give me a solid price on my trade in? I also have Carvana lined up for trade in but their offer expires in one week.

MYP - Blue/White
Original MYLR OD: 1/31
EDD: Still 4/10- 5/22
Updated order to MYP: 2/6
EDD1: Still 4/10- 5/22 (no changes)
Austin

SA says it gets updated in couple of days.
The SA's say alot... lol

I did similar, ordered a MYLR on 1/22, switched to a MYP on 2/4.... still has my MYLR EDD of 4/7 to 5/16. Has been more than a "couple days". I did have one SA say you wont get any new EDD until you get a VIN.

Would love to hear your thoughts on PPF: Will you add paint protection on Model Y - detailing shop owners, please stay away.
Your survey has no option for not doing PPF. My option wasn't on there....I got PPF only on the lower rocker panels and then had the car paint corrected and ceramic coating. I was going to do rockers, front bumper, hood and mirrors but talking to my detailer and watching a bunch of detailing YT videos it turned me off of PPF. But I knew the lower panels were going to get trashed so I did those. So far the front of my bumper is unscathed after 3 months. I have one rock chip on the horizontal top part of the bumper just before the hood starts. All the crud builds up on the rear door, rear rockers, rear quarter panel and the vertical part of the hatch.

I think PPF is worth it if you are highway driving everyday (I don't) or if you own a hypercar and do full car PPF and then ceramic overtop.
For myself it was all about the ceramic so I can keep it clean easily (I wash it at home every 2nd weekend at minimum...full 3 bucket, foam cannon, leaf blower dry etc). Who knows, maybe I'll regret not doing the bumper and hood if they start to get chipped but sometimes just easier to do some touchup paint and not have to deal with yellowing, pealing and dust collection PPF. If you are going to do PPF you need to spend the big bucks to get it properly tucked so you have less chance of those problems.

Reactions: teslikeguy
Your survey has no option for not doing PPF. My option wasn't on there....I got PPF only on the lower rocker panels and then had the car paint corrected and ceramic coating. I was going to do rockers, front bumper, hood and mirrors but talking to my detailer and watching a bunch of detailing YT videos it turned me off of PPF. But I knew the lower panels were going to get trashed so I did those. So far the front of my bumper is unscathed after 3 months. I have one rock chip on the horizontal top part of the bumper just before the hood starts. All the crud builds up on the rear door, rear rockers, rear quarter panel and the vertical part of the hatch.

I think PPF is worth it if you are highway driving everyday (I don't) or if you own a hypercar and do full car PPF and then ceramic overtop.
For myself it was all about the ceramic so I can keep it clean easily (I wash it at home every 2nd weekend at minimum...full 3 bucket, foam cannon, leaf blower dry etc). Who knows, maybe I'll regret not doing the bumper and hood if they start to get chipped but sometimes just easier to do some touchup paint and not have to deal with yellowing, pealing and dust collection PPF. If you are going to do PPF you need to spend the big bucks to get it properly tucked so you have less chance of those problems.
Updated

Reactions: arbitrage000
Note this is not a Performance, so ignore....I didn't see the header until just now.

Order Date: 2/4/2023
MYLR White/Black
Delivery Date was March 2nd - 14 April.
No VIN
updated today to April - June

May cancel to wait for HW4 announced in Europe this week for S/X.. also my wife will lose the $7500 tax rebate..

Your Order

Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

Pearl White Paint

19’’ Gemini Wheels

All Black Premium Interior

Five Seat Interior

Autopilot​
Order Number

Thanks... kind of my thoughts...

OD: 1/15 11PM East, completed profile immediately (order agreement says 1/16 OD)
2/9 - exchanged texts with online sales and they mentioned VIN ETA is 2/21, and I should receive a text to schedule delivery within a week
Delivery TBD

Delivery TBD

2/12 - Received text/email to schedule delivery
Delivery scheduled for 2/23 :)

Reactions: crashvt