Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD 2-4-23
MY LR Grey
20" Wheels
Tow package
EDD Mar-May

Just received text will be ready in 1-2weeks
NO VIN YET
SO CAL
I got a text today too but it did not say that the car will be ready in 1-2 weeks.

“We expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks. As soon as possible, complete your registration, trade-in, and financing details in your Tesla Account. “

My OD is 1/22. Switched to MYP 2/3. Got VIN 2/16. They want me to schedule delivery… so now I’m in a rush to get the trade-in and financing done.

So… yeah, got MYP quicker… but no telling if you switch now.

PS, when it was MYLR 7 seater, it was 4/2-5/14. Changed to MYLR5 and EDD changed to 3/3-3/31. After change to MYP EDD changed to 2/23-3/23 on Valentine’s Day.
Do update us if it changes
I just got a text saying get ready as vin will come in 1-2 weeks - so there is hope

Reactions: hp1234
For the folks getting texts where are you based out of? I ordered 2/3 and didn’t receive anything unfortunately:(
Most of the posts I have seen are MYP orders from January. My order date is Jan 14. I wish the MYP waiting rooms for January & February were combined into one as there’s so few ordered. That’s why I’ve been following this group too even though I’m January.

Most of the posts I have seen are MYP orders from January. My order date is Jan 14. I wish the MYP waiting rooms for January & February were combined into one as there’s so few ordered. That’s why I’ve been following this group too even though I’m January.
Does Tesla have to wait for customs?

Or conversely, am I just not well versed enough, and there are actually Tesla factories in Canada?

Does Tesla have to wait for customs?

Or conversely, am I just not well versed enough, and there are actually Tesla factories in Canada?
My MYP will be built in Fremont along with the others and shipped to Canada. I’m sure there is a customs process but not sure the length of delay it causes. When I asked the advisor about how much notice we’d get they said “Typically we see VIN's assigned as vehicles finish production and then they arrive in Canada within anywhere from 4-10 days.”

That's what I am seeing as well. It seems that those who got the text msg today (about VIN only 1-2 weeks away) are the ones who ordered MYLR around 1/14-16 and then switched to MYP shortly after 2/3, and not confined to any particular region.

That's what I am seeing as well. It seems that those who got the text msg today (about VIN only 1-2 weeks away) are the ones who ordered MYLR around 1/14-16 and then switched to MYP shortly after 2/3, and not confined to any particular region.
If I had to guess, there will be a big batch run over the next couple of weeks to get caught up on MYP backlogs that were created by many people switching from MYLR to MYP as a result of the new 80k cap.