Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just my own wishful thinking..

Next week, Elon will announce exciting improvements to the MYP builds beginning March 1st.

He'll announce the capabilities of our new 4D1 motors (30% more hp/tq).

The MY will come with a yoke steering wheel option (limited to Performance models only).

This is why there's so many of us in a holding pattern!

I don't want a dumb yoke but otherwise I'm down with this

• Funny
Reactions: crashvt and Mr_Joe
This is just my own wishful thinking..

Next week, Elon will announce exciting improvements to the MYP builds beginning March 1st.

He'll announce the capabilities of our new 4D1 motors (30% more hp/tq).

The MY will come with a yoke steering wheel option (limited to Performance models only).

This is why there's so many of us in a holding pattern!
Sounds great. Don’t think anything to the MY is coming, but it would be even cooler if they threw the plaid motors in here. Haha.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
What specs did you order? My OD was 2/3 and no VIN yet
MYP with white interior 5 seater.
Congratulations, I’m happ for you!

But I’m also wondering what criteria TESLA is using to prioritize delivery because a few of us ordered before your date and have not gotten vin yet

2023 MYP white/white
Order Date Friday 2/3/2023
EDD #1 Feb-March
EDD #2 3/1-3/31
Estimated Delivery Date #3 3/8-3/31
Still no vin
socal area

Reactions: Puka Bum

But I’m also wondering what criteria TESLA is using to prioritize delivery because a few of us ordered before your date and have not gotten vin yet

2023 MYP white/white
EDD #1 Feb-March
EDD #2 3/1-3/31
Still no vin
socal area
There could be any number of factors…

Do the transports have enough cars to fill them?

Trains to hubs could carry a lot, but if all the smaller destinations don’t have enough to fill the next size over (semi trailer carriers), then it might need shuffling around to make it work.

And that shuffling around might mean the factory has to make other batches to fulfill them instead.

Who knows.

If you check out the other forum threads and read their waiting rooms, you quickly notice the MYP runs haven't been a priority. I.e, other models are being produced more in February.

I believe this is intentional to something Elon is announcing on Wednesday.

Reactions: SMak12
If you check out the other forum threads and read their waiting rooms, you quickly notice the MYP runs haven't been a priority. I.e, other models are being produced more in February.

I believe this is intentional to something Elon is announcing on Wednesday.
could be… or it could be that there is greater demand for the MYLR so they are just prioritizing those for now

2023 MYP white/white
EDD #1 Feb-March
EDD #2 3/1-3/31
Still no vin
socal area
Thank you. Yeah, only difference is exterior color. I ordered the Metallic Blue...i could be wrong but perhaps white / white is more popular?