Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYP : February orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in NorCal with an order date in early February for a MYP received a vin?
OD 2/3
Switch MYP 2/9
No VIN still 3/13-3/31
My first EDD was the end oof Feb. I sold my car no any other car to commute, and now it is getting annoying. I now expect getting vin at the end of the month, since they want to make their quarter report looks nicer. Xxxx

OD 2/3
Switch MYP 2/9
No VIN still 3/13-3/31
My first EDD was the end oof Feb. I sold my car no any other car to commute, and now it is getting annoying. I now expect getting vin at the end of the month, since they want to make their quarter report looks nicer. Xxxx
I would guess if your EDD is still 3/13-3/31, you’ll get your vin in a few days to be able to schedule delivery for the end of March.

new order placed 2/5 very early morning

MYP black/black/no add-ons

Oregon

1st EDD : Feb-March
(2/10) 2nd EDD : 3/9 - 3/31

No vin yet

OD 2/5 Portland or
MYP black/black no options
EDD 3/9 - 3/31

Texted my SA today as it’s been a couple weeks without an update. Politely asked if the EDD was still accurate. He said ”We are still seeing an estimated timeline of mid-march for you.”
On 3/7 my SA said “Currently I believe it will be built in 2 weeks. But that of course isn't set in stone.”

Woke up this morning with a new EDD of 3/22 - 3/31

No vin

Still hopeful for a delivery by end of the month.

Where are you located? I ordered 2/4 no vin yet, I’m in Michigan
I’m in the Ann Arbor area, ordered the day before you and got my vin yesterday (Saturday). Hopefully you hear something soon. Michigan is a pain and that your car has to be “fully funded” before it can be brought into the state. I’m finding all this out now, hopefully I can take delivery before the end of March

Got my VIN this morning. Maybe they finished with the Blue MYPs and finally got to the MSM ones. Here's my update:

MYP: MSM/Black
Pickup Location: Tampa
OD: 02/03
EDD 02/03: Feb-Mar
EDD 02/09: March 7-31
EDD 02/28: March 10-31, also got VIN will be assigned 1-2 weeks text same day.
EDD 03/02: March 16-23. VIN assigned same day, 2 days after text.

Checked app at 6am today (3/2) and VIN was showing along with message that Tesla is making changes that impact my order and I needed go to my account to proceed. Was not showing this last night at 11pm. Logged into my account and it was the Tesla Vision update and I selected proceed with delivery. Then it showed my updated EDD which is a generic 2 to 3 week window from today.

About 10 minutes after doing this, I got a text that my VIN is ready and to upload my insurance details. I responded asking if they need a policy showing the new VIN or if my current policy for another car in household would suffice. Normally I've changed the insurance after purchase in the past.

Hopefully others will get theirs soon.

Slight update. Stopped by showroom and talked to SA about my order to confirm all steps were complete. They told me the car is already built and their system shows estimated delivery on March 16. They allowed me to schedule my delivery appointment for March 17 but did say the arrival date could shift up or back depending on logistics. Was nice to schedule delivery early but we'll see if that timeframe holds.
Looks like my delivery date may get pushed back. While at another showroom, SA checked on my VIN and their locator shows it is still in CA - not sure it has moved in the last week. Their guess was it would take another week but honestly I was concerned that it hadn't moved at all. So we started looking at other inventory to swap just in case there is an issue with mine. There were no other MYP available, but there were several unclaimed Austin built MYLR making there way to FL that I could get sooner. I ordered the MYP as it was supposed to come sooner than the MYLR but would be just as happy with the MYLR and $3,500 in my pocket. They suggested that I wait a day or two and see where it stands then.

Reactions: maytaurustiger