Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger now shows in app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. So the only way to change the schedule charge is to scan the QR code and log back onto the charger. This is pants! Why wouldn’t they enable me to make changes to the schedule charge without having to go to the charger in my garages. Ugh. #firstworldproblems
They probably will do eventually but currently the wall connector is the scheduler. The app would just send the data back to the Tesla servers which may not be able to communicate with the wall connector directly. They have to be able to work without a wifi connection. It was probably faster to implement a bit of simple logic and a ui on the wall connectors web portal within the looming deadline.

They probably will do eventually but currently the wall connector is the scheduler. The app would just send the data back to the Tesla servers which may not be able to communicate with the wall connector directly. They have to be able to work without a wifi connection. It was probably faster to implement a bit of simple logic and a ui on the wall connectors web portal within the looming deadline.
There's a steady stream of data between the TWC and Tesla (via Amazon AWS), so there's nothing stopping them commanding it remotely. As you say though, this was probably a rush job so we may have to wait for more polish to be applied.

It’s a step in the right direction. I just have high expectations from a tech company so easily disappointed.

I have the WiFi and password to the WC if I connect via the admin portal, but I don’t have an alternative to the QR code method in the app.

I called tech support and they said to scan the QR code on the instruction manual online. That didn’t work. They said to add it using an alternative method in-app. There isn’t an option. So they’ve passed this onto someone else.

It's not obvious, you need to tap the "Scan QR Code" button and then on the camera screen there's a "Manually Enter" at the bottom - or at least there is on my app.

So my brother was having problems adding his TWC to his account, it just wouldn’t connect. I said try adding to my account and I’ll remove it again if it works (as I use a third party charger)

Added to my account fine, all working but Turns out … you can’t remove it from your account once it’s added!!! I then tried adding it to his account again and it got through all the steps this time and stopped at the end saying “already assigned to another user, please contact support. Looks like I’m making a phone call tomorrow!!!

I'm guessing it's limited to UK users for now. I tried spoofing my phone location to UK but it did not appear. Maybe it checks to what adress your Tesla account is registered or something? Probably best to be a bit more patient :).

I'm guessing it's limited to UK users for now. I tried spoofing my phone location to UK but it did not appear. Maybe it checks to what adress your Tesla account is registered or something? Probably best to be a bit more patient :).
As part of the setup it does ask you for the address of the wall charger, and it pre-fills in your registered address.