Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So anyone have an idea where they are on model Y LR deliveries? I ordered July 1st, and my dates got pushed back today into January… my initial delivery date when I ordered was OCT. I’m just worried now because I’m seeing others who ordered later now are getting them sooner. Ordered from Bellevue location M Y LR 5 seat white/white 20’ wheels.

Also my assigned SA from Bellevue at the time got hired to work at Telsa in Austin, and told me someone from Bellevue would reach out. So far nobody has and that was about 5 months ago. Thanks

So anyone have an idea where they are on model Y LR deliveries? I ordered July 1st, and my dates got pushed back today into January… my initial delivery date when I ordered was OCT. I’m just worried now because I’m seeing others who ordered later now are getting them sooner. Ordered from Bellevue location M Y LR 5 seat white/white 20’ wheels.

Also my assigned SA from Bellevue at the time got hired to work at Telsa in Austin, and told me someone from Bellevue would reach out. So far nobody has and that was about 5 months ago. Thanks
You should contact Tesla directly. This "assigned SA" thing is really a myth IME. Chat works pretty well for me from their website.

I go down to the Bellevue mall and talk with the guys.
I’ll have to call Tesla directly this upcoming week. I order and am assigned to the Bellevue/Redmond location. I actually talked to the Bellevue square location people and they literally told me opposite things that I’ve seen online… such as,
your hold can only last 3 day (vs 30),

you can change your option from cash payments to loan on your own when your ready for delivery (heard Tesla can only do it),

we require insurance for the VIN at delivery (correct me if I’m wrong but I think WA only needs to be covered under insurance for a car and you have 30 days to get insurance for the car after you take delivery)

didn’t know any details about the EV tax credit.

He also just looked up my order and told me the dates for the EDD that were already on my account…it really was not much help overall at that location. My old SA at the Bellevue location was super knowledgeable about details of the car and seem to be an expert on this process. I do miss having her as a SA

I’ll have to call Tesla directly this upcoming week. I order and am assigned to the Bellevue/Redmond location. I actually talked to the Bellevue square location people and they literally told me opposite things that I’ve seen online… such as,

you can change your option from cash payments to loan on your own when your ready for delivery (heard Tesla can only do it),

we require insurance for the VIN at delivery (correct me if I’m wrong but I think WA only needs to be covered under insurance for a car and you have 30 days to get insurance for the car after you take delivery)

He also just looked up my order and told me the dates for the EDD that were already on my account…it really was not much help overall at that location. My old SA at the Bellevue location was super knowledgeable about details of the car and seem to be an expert on this process. I do miss having her as a SA
Current insurance in Washington, but not for the VIN. A good example of where Tesla is so California-centric is different and confusing for many SAs; not directly related, but in California, for example, you cannot get a sales tax benefit from trade-in.

The Tesla website is where I submitted insurance information, it was pretty clear which states required a VIN and which didn't. Have you done all the pre-purchase steps required on the site?

There is no EV tax credit applicable at this time for any Tesla vehicle, not at the state level (purchase price exceeds the MSRP limit to knock sales tax off first $20k of the vehicle), not at the federal level. Expecting them to have state of something that doesn't exist isn't a realistic expectation.

Yeah didn’t expect him to know about the EV tax incentive but he didn’t even know it was in process of of “potentially” being in play was my issue. And yes also it does clearly say WA is one of the states that does not require insurance in the insurance part of the pre steps.

I’ve completed all the pre steps since July, BUT the only thing that I have change was just resubmitting the trade in miles every month. Did this about a day or so after it expired…

Point is, I find more knowledge people and post about this process of ordering a Tesla than I did in a store from a SA. Was hoping I could find more about delivery from people who know more than SA who have shown to know more info. Thanks everyone for their insights, good info here. Fingers crossed, hopefully soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Corndart
I had ordered a Model Y LR on June 19th. White exterior, Gemini wheels and White Interiors without FSD.

While the EDD has kept changing, it currently says a EDD of 12/30 - 12/31 (only a 2 day range). It was 12/9 to 12/31 last week.

I still have no VIN assigned yet. I had a couple of questions.

1. I read that the delivery hold time is only 3 days not vs 30 days earlier. Is that true?

2. I was thinking if it makes sense to get the delivery and registration done in first week of Jan instead of last 2 days of Dec (if at all the current EDD remains) since it would be a new year. What would be your suggestion?

3. For a June 19th delivery date, is the current EDD fair?

1. I read that the delivery hold time is only 3 days not vs 30 days earlier. Is that true?

If you don't have a VIN yet then your EDD and delivery window will likely change again, and the way I interpret 'Dec 30-31' is that Tesla is aiming to get you your car before Jan 1. You should have a 3 day window to choose for delivery, when VIN and Delivery are assigned.

2. I was thinking if it makes sense to get the delivery and registration done in first week of Jan instead of last 2 days of Dec (if at all the current EDD remains) since it would be a new year. What would be your suggestion?

Per Tesla's website, for cars purchased in WA "Tesla will mail your registration and the state DMV will mail your title. Tesla will mail your plates and registration once processing is complete." So I don't think you have to worry about this at all, Tesla will take care of it for you and it will be for 2022.

Yes

I had ordered a Model Y LR on June 19th. White exterior, Gemini wheels and White Interiors without FSD.

While the EDD has kept changing, it currently says a EDD of 12/30 - 12/31 (only a 2 day range). It was 12/9 to 12/31 last week.

I still have no VIN assigned yet. I had a couple of questions.

That’s crazy that you ordered basically the same day (6/18 for me) and are still waiting when I’ve received 2 VINs already. I know config matters but the only option I have is MSM, which is now a free color option. Have you’ve ever had your order on Hold?

I’m currently in hold and trying to make it to 1/1 as well but I’m expecting that they’ll give me an ultimatum soon to take delivery or cancel.

Per Tesla's website, for cars purchased in WA "Tesla will mail your registration and the state DMV will mail your title. Tesla will mail your plates and registration once processing is complete." So I don't think you have to worry about this at all, Tesla will take care of it for you and it will be for 2022.

Yes
Thanks for answering all my questions. Really appriciate it.

That’s crazy that you ordered basically the same day (6/18 for me) and are still waiting when I’ve received 2 VINs already. I know config matters but the only option I have is MSM, which is now a free color option. Have you’ve ever had your order on Hold?

I’m currently in hold and trying to make it to 1/1 as well but I’m expecting that they’ll give me an ultimatum soon to take delivery or cancel.

Oh. That seems interesting that a color can cause so much delay then. I guess the demand was a lot higher for white exterior back then in June since it was the only free color option for someone not very particular.

No, never had my order on hold anytime. I only made changes to my payment option once but the Tesla SA had mentioend that payment changes do not impact your position in the queue.

I had one more question. Did anyone here get thier trade-in appraisal negotiated higher with Tesla?
I got an appraisal for my current car from Tesla for trade-in, I got the same thing done at carmax as well after visiting a carmax center physically. Carmax is offering me a higher value even after netting off the trade-in tax credit I get with Tesla. I wrote to Tesla SA sharing the offer I got at Carmax and asked if they could match it, the Tesla SA refused and said they don't match. But i had read somewhere they do. So was curious to know.

Thanks for answering all my questions. Really appriciate it.

Oh. That seems interesting that a color can cause so much delay then. I guess the demand was a lot higher for white exterior back then in June since it was the only free color option for someone not very particular.

No, never had my order on hold anytime. I only made changes to my payment option once but the Tesla SA had mentioend that payment changes do not impact your position in the queue.

I had one more question. Did anyone here get thier trade-in appraisal negotiated higher with Tesla?
I got an appraisal for my current car from Tesla for trade-in, I got the same thing done at carmax as well after visiting a carmax center physically. Carmax is offering me a higher value even after netting off the trade-in tax credit I get with Tesla. I wrote to Tesla SA sharing the offer I got at Carmax and asked if they could match it, the Tesla SA refused and said they don't match. But i had read somewhere they do. So was curious to know.
Tesla doesn’t match Carmax or negotiate on the their trade-in offers any more.

Tesla's trade-in offer for me is equivalent to CaxMax's valuation - the sales tax benefit I received if I purchase a new car as part of the transaction... in some ways, it's probably better to sell to CarMax, to lock it in; Tesla's December --> March slips that happen so commonly means that the car will be worth significantly less in a few months.