Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by Lynnwood SC today and they've only gotten 1 MY in 2022 thus far. Asked about the Ryzen, they mentioned an internal memo notating "Q2 Ryzen", and something about M3's being fully migrated from Atom -> Ryzen first. Didn't press for any details.

Like some have mentioned, once a VIN is assigned, they are able to determine whether its an Atom or Ryzen equipped vehicle.

My OD was 6/19. MYLR. I have the VIN and called up Tesla Bellevue to schedule delivery next Friday (1/14).

They mentioend that there was only home delivery option for me and there is no way to switch to taking delivery at a Tesla showroom / delivery center. I ideally would have liked delivery at a delivery station so that I could do a quick pre-inspection before accepting delivery of the car. Specially with all the concerns about Tesla quality control. The SA on the call mentioned that Bellevue location has only home delivery (I am not sure how true this is)

Did anyone earlier have a similar experience? Any alternate suggestions and should I insist on taking delivery at delivery station? (I am still skeptical reading a lot of concerns raised with the home delivery process)

If I can't switch, I hope they atleast give me enough time when the car gets delivered at home to run through a checklist and point out anything amiss to get fixed later at a service center.

My OD was 6/19. MYLR. I have the VIN and called up Tesla Bellevue to schedule delivery next Friday (1/14).

They mentioend that there was only home delivery option for me and there is no way to switch to taking delivery at a Tesla showroom / delivery center. I ideally would have liked delivery at a delivery station so that I could do a quick pre-inspection before accepting delivery of the car. Specially with all the concerns about Tesla quality control. The SA on the call mentioned that Bellevue location has only home delivery (I am not sure how true this is)

Did anyone earlier have a similar experience? Any alternate suggestions and should I insist on taking delivery at delivery station? (I am still skeptical reading a lot of concerns raised with the home delivery process)

If I can't switch, I hope they atleast give me enough time when the car gets delivered at home to run through a checklist and point out anything amiss to get fixed later at a service center.
I've not done this personally so I am not the best source of info but everything that I have seen on this topic is that they drop the car in the driveway, order an uber to pick them up and they are gone. No communication what so ever.

My EDD has been holding steady for the last few days. I hope it doesn't get pushed out again.

January 11 - January 25

How many days before the EDD window does one get VIN assignment?
I don’t think it’s consistent. Last time I got a VIN it was the 2nd day of the EDD window. The EDD pushed out a couple days at the same time. The first time I got a VIN it was 2-3 days into the window, but the window changed then as well. Either way in my experience having a 2 week window is a good sign you’ll get a VIN soon.

Reactions: night_fury

I also ordered from Bellevue and will have home delivery on Thursday. They told me because we are 17 miles from the store they only do home deliveries… don’t know why though. I have a trade in so maybe I can buy some times by holding onto the keys until I’m done inspecting??

My SA told me previously that Seattle and Bellevue only offer home delivery now but you can still take delivery at the Lynnwood or Renton locations.

I also just received a VIN today and need to schedule delivery between 1/12-1/16. My 354XXX VIN looks like it will just miss getting the AMD chip but I'll try to confirm that with my SA tmo.

I'm about to take delivery and the MSRP has increased from $52.5k when I ordered to $59k today. It looks like my RTA fee has been adjusted and is now calculated based on the current MSRP. When I've tried to use the online RTA estimator to verify, it looks like they don't have any 2022 MSRPs in their database yet.

I know they are supposed to use a fixed MSRP amount for each model year/make/model/trim to base their 1.1% RTA calc on, so should we assume the current MSRP ($59k) is what is supposed to be used for RTA?

My SA told me previously that Seattle and Bellevue only offer home delivery now but you can still take delivery at the Lynnwood or Renton locations.

I also just received a VIN today and need to schedule delivery between 1/12-1/16. My 354XXX VIN looks like it will just miss getting the AMD chip but I'll try to confirm that with my SA tmo.

Interesting. I called up Tesla Bellevue again today morning to check if taking delivery at Lynwood and Renton is an option. But, they denied and mentioned that the car is already in Bellevue location waiting to be delivered.

However, they did mention that I can take my time to inspect the car when the home delivery happens before I officially accept delivery on the app. So that should be Ok I guess.

Interesting. I called up Tesla Bellevue again today morning to check if taking delivery at Lynwood and Renton is an option. But, they denied and mentioned that the car is already in Bellevue location waiting to be delivered.

However, they did mention that I can take my time to inspect the car when the home delivery happens before I officially accept delivery on the app. So that should be Ok I guess.
Yea, once it's in transit to your delivery center, it can't be changed. They do give you 24hrs to report any issues you identify during the delivery inspection. However, I'm a little worried about home delivery with all the salt/sand on the roads right now since my SA said it's very hit or miss whether rear door PPF is installed right now due to shortages.

Reactions: SanjayMS
Yea, once it's in transit to your delivery center, it can't be changed. They do give you 24hrs to report any issues you identify during the delivery inspection. However, I'm a little worried about home delivery with all the salt/sand on the roads right now since my SA said it's very hit or miss whether rear door PPF is installed right now due to shortages.
FEIW, I called Tesla yesterday and they told me they would have both the mud flaps and ppf on the car, but who knows really this might have been a person who’s miles away from the service center just telling me what I want to hear.

FEIW, I called Tesla yesterday and they told me they would have both the mud flaps and ppf on the car, but who knows really this might have been a person who’s miles away from the service center just telling me what I want to hear.
Yea, my SA is actually from Portland SC so it might be a little different but he told me that "There is a shortage of PPF and for the last month most cars have not had it and we are doing it in the weeks afterward as it comes. All the ones I've seen have had mud flaps."

I'm expecting to have to schedule a mobile service appt. for them to add it later but hopefully, we get lucky.

"There is a shortage of PPF and for the last month most cars have not had it and we are doing it in the weeks afterward as it comes. All the ones I've seen have had mud flaps."
I thought (and I could be totally off base here) that with the mudflaps in place, the rear PPF becomes much less important. Not true? Maybe a little true? I'm just really hoping for mudflaps and my MYP spoiler.

I thought (and I could be totally off base here) that with the mudflaps in place, the rear PPF becomes much less important. Not true? Maybe a little true? I'm just really hoping for mudflaps and my MYP spoiler.
Tesla installs them both in cold regions for a reason. Ultimately, the mud flaps should block most of the road debris from getting kicked back to the rear quarter but you can tell from spray patterns that they don't block everything. This is where the PPF helps because it is a sacrificial layer on top of the paint that prevents it from getting chewed up.

Honestly, from looking at the spray pattern with the mudflaps, I would prefer rear door PPF over front mudflaps since a lot of road spray still hits the side of the car with them.

We will get both in WA no matter what, it's just a matter of if they are installed at delivery or if you have to follow-up to have them installed afterward once they are in stock