Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Watching for I-70 Superchargers from Denver to St. Louis

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone scouted the coming soon service center a stone's throw from Independence at 3555 Manchester Avenue Kansas City, MO? Yes, it's in an industrial area with no services, but there are advantages to having Superchargers at service centers. In this case particularly that TM controls the property and doesn't have to worry about a landlord opting out.

I went by the new service center site Sunday and they were hard at work on it. The supervisor said two or three weeks to completion. It's a nice facility--for an industrial area--with good space. The show room was just about complete with the usual space for a car and a chassis(P85D?!). There is a big parking lot with plenty of room for charging if they decide to put it there; just west of I-435, so still 120 miles from Columbia. All the workers took a few minutes off to see a real live Tesla.

The new Tesla 2015 supercharger maps don't have a dot in Effingham IL even in 2015, although there is one in Terre Haute IN.

I noticed that too... I'll try to ping my source tomorrow and see if I can get any info on the status. Last I heard they were waiting on Tesla to submit an electrical permit, and that was a month ago. Maybe they ran into problems/resistance. :(

The dot in Effingham is removed and the dot at Mt. Vernon is now in 2015 instead of 2014; the I-70 route just can't seem to get across Missouri and southern Illinois. At least Kansas City and St. Louis are now "coming soon." A good man named Shawn in Washington, MO can help you with a charge on a NEMA 14-50 installation(see Plugshare); with the KC and St. Louis Superchargers, it will make crossing Missouri in an S85 pretty easy--and the wine country is nice.

The dot in Effingham is removed and the dot at Mt. Vernon is now in 2015 instead of 2014; the I-70 route just can't seem to get across Missouri and southern Illinois. At least Kansas City and St. Louis are now "coming soon." A good man named Shawn in Washington, MO can help you with a charge on a NEMA 14-50 installation(see Plugshare); with the KC and St. Louis Superchargers, it will make crossing Missouri in an S85 pretty easy--and the wine country is nice.

I have it on good authority* that Effingham is still on the way...

*No little birds tweeting!

Still not going to be able to get you from STL to KC--even with Shawn.

If anyone is in the area of Independence, you may want to check out this location...just sayin'...

Click on this link for the hint: Independence, MO - Google Maps

Because you liked that one so much, another Google vision came to Cottonwood: St Charles — Google Maps

This vision could be past, present, or future...let's just hope Tesla is not a past-style Scrooge in Missouri. :rolleyes:

These two locations in Independence and St Charles are still valid with construction hopefully starting early next year.

In other news, Effingham and Terra Haute are both on the way to provide this nicely spaced set of Superchargers between Topeka and Indianapolis: Topeka, KS to Indianapolis, IN - Google Maps

I-70-2.jpg

Missouri is currently the largest state in the U.S. by population without a Supercharger. Independence, Columbia, and St Charles are long overdue! With these Supercharger sites and Springfield, IL, Missouri will be Supercharger connected, east/west on I-70, and north to Chicago.

Exactly!

My strong hints for Independence and St Charles are still valid, and hopefully someone will see some action at those locations in the coming months.

I heard partnering with Dierbergs in St Charles today as well... Approvals have been completed. This is still Missouri - "Show Me" and I'll believe it. Until there's a hole in the ground with electrical conduit and several crates with Tesla logos on them, I'm not going to get excited about any of it yet.

I'd also like to propose somehow getting fires lit under the Columbia, MO location. Something public for us to rally behind. It's been delayed... Again. (echo echo echo...)