Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what 2nd SUV do you own right now that complement with model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We’ve had a GMC Acadia or Buick Enclave in the driveway since they launched in 2007. Excellent family hauler vehicles - super versatile, comfortable, and the Buick especially is good looking (IMO).

But - as I’ve posted before, the Enclave met a deer and has been a nightmare since. So we finally tossed it this week and ordered a Model X.

We’ll never buy a gasoline car again.

11 MPG, Lifted on 34's, 2016 Toyota Sequoia. It doesn't get driven much, but with a wife, 3 kids, dog, extra kids, hauling all our crap out on the beach, it has its purpose. May look at the Cybertruck one day, but until then...
Sequoia Beach.jpg

While it doesn't really complement the 3, I do have a 2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD. Bought used almost three years ago, it replaced an aging and nearly broken down 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's driven almost exclusively by my 28 y.o. daughter. Nice to have when the parental units have to be shuttled to and from the airport with several large suitcases.

Never understood the ‘need’ for an SUV or minivan for kids. I have a couple kids and got away with a 1st gen Focus sedan most of the time. A 1st gen Fusion replaced the Focus and is the current daily beater. Other than baby seats, they [kids] don’t need that much room. Now if you had 3 kids in needing-a-baby-seat age, then I can see a need for a bigger car. 3 baby seats would be hard to fit in a sedan.

That said, we also have an ‘05 Expedition. It’s for long drives, moving large objects, and for towing. Plan is to sell it when Cybertruck comes out. Nothing wrong with the Expedition (except needing to change the torque converter...easy fix). I just miss having a pickup.

We have four (4) kids, currently 8-15, have a 2019 Expedition. Fits everyone well and comfortably.

If it's just the wife and I, and up to three (3) kids around town we take the Model 3.

We also have my paid-for later model Silverado for camping/hauling duty that can fit all six (6) of us, but less comfortably.

We’ve had a GMC Acadia or Buick Enclave in the driveway since they launched in 2007. Excellent family hauler vehicles - super versatile, comfortable, and the Buick especially is good looking (IMO).

But - as I’ve posted before, the Enclave met a deer and has been a nightmare since. So we finally tossed it this week and ordered a Model X.

We’ll never buy a gasoline car again.

We have a Chevy Traverse which is the poor mans Enclave. It’s great. It’s about as much interior space you can get with going to a full on truck suv like a surbuban. The third row is actually decent and it’s not terrible to drive. I’d love a model y, but would lose quite a bit of functionality, plus the costs is feasible right now.

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy