Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are easiest and budget friendly mods to give our new M3 a slightly individual look?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're looking to standout, you would want to focus on exterior mods such as the following:

• Color vinyl wrap
• Different wheels/powdercoat wheels
• Lowering springs/coilovers suspension
• Performance Rear Spoiler, Custom front bumper
• Chrome delete,vinyl wrap of door handles, vinyl wrap emblems or add TESLA emblem (Remove all badging)
• Custom Vanity license plate
• Smoked out headlights or tailights

Any combination of these mods will help make your Model 3 have an individual look.

I personally went with a clean white on white lower Model 3 for my look. It turns heads and I rare see a lot of white on white Model 3 in my area at least.

Get new wheels, you'll stand out.
Everyone stares at my car everywhere I go.

IMG_0089.jpg

Tomorrow we are expecting a white SR+ with black Aero wheels. Glad to see Tesla is selling more of these but i wouldn't mind ours having a slightly different look once the sea change really hits. Any ideas? And if any of you have pics I'd appreciate that too :)

Here's are some difference making ideas on a budget of less than $100.

1) wrap door handles in body color
2) wrap center console in something not piano
3) paint brake calipers

Everyone does the same mods so you will go from looking like all stock cars to looking the same as any other modded car. People do chrome delete with black or matching color.

To stand out (if you feel you must) I'd recommend getting new wheels
That is very true. Everyone “modding” their model 3 is doing the same exact things like painted wheels, chrome delete, emblem/badge mods. Nothing that actually makes the car standout and drastically improve its looks. A proper coilover suspension stance on either some P or aftermarket wheels would drastically improve the looks. But this isn’t budget friendly.

I agree I don't like the wheels under the Aero covers. But I love the OEM 19". Don't care if others have them.
Best of all, zero loss in efficiency. Last 1000 miles 232 wh/mi (AWD P7+ tires, no Heat).
Exactly what I averaged the first 1000 miles in October with Aero's and covers (no Heat).

To be honest I'm surprized how many Model 3's around here have Aero's with covers on.

32861785227_d38450ecf2_b_d.jpg
The zero loss in efficiency is not true and literally defies physics. The OEM 18s are more efficient than the OEM 19s.

Reactions: jerry33
Got this spoiler, color matched, from CariD. Made by 3 D Carbon. Unique and no one where I live has one.

Attachments

• 6F6A91AE-47F9-40ED-A6B2-D727E6E5933B.jpeg
    6F6A91AE-47F9-40ED-A6B2-D727E6E5933B.jpeg
    290.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 9990F558-E7EB-4AC0-860D-0A7CBA03C8A6.jpeg
    9990F558-E7EB-4AC0-860D-0A7CBA03C8A6.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 798D3214-0B6F-4E89-8978-39DC17E03535.jpeg
    798D3214-0B6F-4E89-8978-39DC17E03535.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 5B874C84-D3F0-4A27-AA34-7ABD18744DE9.jpeg
    5B874C84-D3F0-4A27-AA34-7ABD18744DE9.jpeg
    542.2 KB · Views: 108
The zero loss in efficiency is not true and literally defies physics. The OEM 18s are more efficient than the OEM 19s.

So they say.

I’m not running those non Eco OEM 19” Continental tires.

I’ve tested and tested. Did a 30 mile loop at 65 mph with Aeros. Swapped wheels. Did the same exact loop at 65 mph 1 hour later. Came out exactly the same.

I’ve done a 1000 miles since and I’m getting 232 wh/mi. Exactly what I got last fall in similar weather (no heat or AC season).

I really was prepared to lose at least 5% but I lost nothing. They are quieter too. I measure audio on both loops as well.

I don’t drive 85 mph like some folks do and perhaps going faster they will diverge in efficiency. But to 65 mph they are the same.

My day to day commute is also the same (no highway).

Who declared the primacy tires as being the most efficient tire? I think the Pirelli P7+ tires are better than primacy Eco wise and make up for the Aero covers. My OEM 19” with tires are only 1.5lbs heavier.

You’re not comparing 18” vs 19” RIMs. You are comparing a low rolling resistance tire that is 18” with a non low rolling resistance 19”. I found a good low rolling resistance 19” tire.

One indicator of rolling resistance is tread wear. 18” OEM is 500, 19” OEM is 400, 20” OEM is 300. Which correlates exactly with efficiency claims. The lower the stickier/softer tire. But also worse on rolling resistance. They all have the same contact size.

The 19” tire I got is 700 !!

This is what I've done:
  • Chrome Delete
  • Tints
  • New rims/wheels
  • Console wrap - black matrix
  • Custom red lighting in front and back (all interior lights)
  • Painted my calipers orange (see the link in my sig if you are interested in the DIY approach)
  • Wrapped the "Model 3" kick panels to get rid of the chrome when opening the doors
  • Wrapped the T logo on the steering wheel as it was chrome too
  • Puddle lights with the Model 3 logo
  • Wireless charging pad
  • Front license plate mount that is easily removable
  • Screen protector
  • Custom pedals
  • Aftermarket spoiler
  • Tire caps with the Tesla T logo on them
  • Ski rack from Tesla
  • Deep trunk organizer
  • Trunk license plate closer thing-a-ma-jig

So they say.

I’m not running those non Eco OEM 19” Continental tires.

I’ve tested and tested. Did a 30 mile loop at 65 mph with Aeros. Swapped wheels. Did the same exact loop at 65 mph 1 hour later. Came out exactly the same.

I’ve done a 1000 miles since and I’m getting 232 wh/mi. Exactly what I got last fall in similar weather (no heat or AC season).

I really was prepared to lose at least 5% but I lost nothing. They are quieter too. I measure audio on both loops as well.

I don’t drive 85 mph like some folks do and perhaps going faster they will diverge in efficiency. But to 65 mph they are the same.

My day to day commute is also the same (no highway).

Who declared the primacy tires as being the most efficient tire? I think the Pirelli P7+ tires are better than primacy Eco wise and make up for the Aero covers. My OEM 19” with tires are only 1.5lbs heavier.

You’re not comparing 18” vs 19” RIMs. You are comparing a low rolling resistance tire that is 18” with a non low rolling resistance 19”. I found a good low rolling resistance 19” tire.

One indicator of rolling resistance is tread wear. 18” OEM is 500, 19” OEM is 400, 20” OEM is 300. Which correlates exactly with efficiency claims. The lower the stickier/softer tire. But also worse on rolling resistance. They all have the same contact size.

The 19” tire I got is 700 !!

So, if I’m reading correctly, you installed Pirelli P7+ Tires?