Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What car/s did you come from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm coming from a 2000 Mazda Miata, which is my first and only car, purchased in 2010 with 45,500 miles. Six years, zero speeding tickets, a rebuilt engine, and 90,000 more miles and it's time to retire the Miata from its duty as a daily driver. The Model S is going to be my new daily driver with the Miata sharing weekends and track days with my Suzuki supermoto and Ducati superbike.

My wife has a 2008 Acura RDX that we plan to replace with an Audi Q7 next summer, unless we come around to the idea of an X (we're not sold on the styling quite yet).

We're still waiting on our delivery date, but it should be mid-September. We're getting pretty excited!

Once you start driving the S, you will soon forget about the Q7 and get yourself an X ;)

2011 Acura MDX w/ Technology & Entertainment packages.

Loved that car, but new job commute made me hate the amount of gas I was burning through (financially and morally).

Had to give up the MDX early in a trade in. Got a shitty Hyundai Elantra rental to hold me over (hopefully just a couple more weeks).

I gave up my 2008 BMW M3 convertible to get my S90D (now just over two months into it). I'll never look back. The ease and seeming effortlessness with which the S moves me through every day traffic without any of the noise, harshness and fuel expense by far makes up for the very rare enjoyment of a sunny day with the top down on a smooth twisty road. We still have a 2012 MB 350 ML Bluetec, but someday soon, it too will find its replacement BEV. Model X not a practical option, very low garage ceiling height, let alone the expense ...

Reactions: EV-lutioin
Replaced my 2002 BMW M3 convertible; had 160K miles on it; loved the car but the repair bills were getting painful, so I got out before the SMG tranny finally died. That car was a great SoCal experience, handled beautifully, extremely well put together. I replaced her with a P85+ CPO that delivers better acceleration, same RWD handling (miss the e-diff, though) and same rear tire life! ;)

I had a 2008 Prius till about 18 months ago. My wife needed an SUV around 2014 for her work, so we were forced to trade in the Prius (@120k miles) to get an ICE. I have been using her 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid since then.

When we switched to these two hybrids around 2007, our hope was that next cars for both of us are either PHEV or BEV. But things didn't quite work out that way.

So I decided to rough it up with Camry till I can afford an S or 3 comes out. I'm picking up my 60D next Thursday !!!