Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, my new card didn't need to be really small to fit so I ended up with something about half the area of the original. I reckon I could make something about 1/6 size without too much hassle.

This video gives you some idea. It's important to end up with the aerial in an ordered arrangement rather than a tangled mess. If you spayed some insulating layer on the aerial to prevent contact of any crossing strands, I'm sure that would help also.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
Answering @Gatsojon, the ring is simple & the wires must surely loop around as it functions exactly like the card. It's unobtrusive, no forgetting to take it & works whenever it's needed. Folded knuckle below the door pillar camera to open & a wave of the hand near the cup holders allows the car to be driven.

(I sometimes go out without a phone, using the ring & contactless on the watch if needed).

Reactions: Gatsojon
When I collected my M3 in March 2020 it had the ugly, tabbed TESLA.COM number plate holders. I replaced the front one with a stick-on plate, but I was undecided about the rear plate. As an interim solution I got rid of the TESLA.COM holder and simply screwed the Tesla-supplied metal number plate directly to the plastic backing plate.

I like the look of the new ‘T TESLA’ holders being supplied with 2021 cars, but I’m reliably informed that UK Tesla Service Centres can’t supply these (they come fitted to the cars and they can’t order them apparently). But I found that Halfords do a plate holder that looks identical to the 2021 Tesla plate holders (other than it doesn’t have the TESLA logo/text).
Halfords Black Number Plate Frame Trim | Halfords UK

I then ordered some TESLA decals on eBay. These are intended for brake callipers but the 10mm high by 80mm wide ones are a good size when stuck on the Halfords plate holder.
COMPATIBLE TESLA HI-TEMP PREMIUM BRAKE CALIPER DECALS STICKERS CAST VINYL | eBay

Here is the finished result (including a Halfords ‘green’ number plate).

Halfords.jpg

The Halfords plate includes their name, post code and the BS mark, but this is obscured by the lower clip-on strip on the plate holder. Time will tell whether or not this causes any problems (possibly at first MOT?), but the plate does have the required info, and I like the uncluttered look.

Reactions: Irata
When I collected my M3 in March 2020 it had the ugly, tabbed TESLA.COM number plate holders. I replaced the front one with a stick-on plate, but I was undecided about the rear plate. As an interim solution I got rid of the TESLA.COM holder and simply screwed the Tesla-supplied metal number plate directly to the plastic backing plate.

I like the look of the new ‘T TESLA’ holders being supplied with 2021 cars, but I’m reliably informed that UK Tesla Service Centres can’t supply these (they come fitted to the cars and they can’t order them apparently). But I found that Halfords do a plate holder that looks identical to the 2021 Tesla plate holders (other than it doesn’t have the TESLA logo/text).
Halfords Black Number Plate Frame Trim | Halfords UK

I then ordered some TESLA decals on eBay. These are intended for brake callipers but the 10mm high by 80mm wide ones are a good size when stuck on the Halfords plate holder.
COMPATIBLE TESLA HI-TEMP PREMIUM BRAKE CALIPER DECALS STICKERS CAST VINYL | eBay

Here is the finished result (including a Halfords ‘green’ number plate).

View attachment 626186

The Halfords plate includes their name, post code and the BS mark, but this is obscured by the lower clip-on strip on the plate holder. Time will tell whether or not this causes any problems (possibly at first MOT?), but the plate does have the required info, and I like the uncluttered look.
I stuck the rear plate on, well a new one without all the rubbish on too. Front stuck to the original bumper shaped holder, no bother there either:)

To keep this thread going, got the tesla frunk mat the other day and the puncture kit.

Now running out of oem stuff so just ordered the abstract ocean leds for footwells, puddles and boot lights as they are seriously dim as standard...

Wow looks fabulous. Love the matt carbon. Have you got a Matt carbon dashboard too? Looking forward to seeing that installed.

as a matter of interest, will you have to return your original wheel?
Yes, I have full matte carbon inside and gloss carbon kit outside. Don't need to return the wheel as the company I bought from doesn't do the core charge thing. Pretty stoked!

What is the source of the cover. Sorry if this has been asked before
It was an old cover from Lidl that I had for my estate Xantia but it didn't fit very well and ended blowing off in the wind.
On the M3 I found that trapping the back of the material in the trunk lid, along with the strap underneath works ok in light winds.
Due to the amount of time I'm spending at home not driving it's not a hassle.
But if I were driving every day I wouldn't be using it, its too much hassle getting it secured so that the wind doesn't blow it off.
I just thought I'd put it on before the snow arrived as it was forecast to be heavy and my wife was working a morning shift. but thankfully the front stalled and the snow just stopped about 20 miles away.

• Helpful
Reactions: john19951