Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you do to your Tesla Model 3 today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this morning we had wall to wall sunshine. Powerwalls full, Outlander full, water almost hot to the Max. So, I thought it was a good time to grab some free solar charge in the M3.
I just plugged it in getting 4Kw and Mrs Dilly decided that the washing machine needed a drum clean.
Drum fully cleaned after an hour and yes, the sun went in. Managed to get a whole mile of charge :oops:

Well, this morning we had wall to wall sunshine. Powerwalls full, Outlander full, water almost hot to the Max. So, I thought it was a good time to grab some free solar charge in the M3.
I just plugged it in getting 4Kw and Mrs Dilly decided that the washing machine needed a drum clean.
Drum fully cleaned after an hour and yes, the sun went in. Managed to get a whole mile of charge :oops:
The joys of wives. They simply don’t appreciate they are messing with our carefully laid out charging plans! :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: Dilly and Beady3647
Today I fitted the electric trunk kit from Tesla Offer. Was initially interested in Hansshow, but the forums suggested paying a bit more for Tesla Offer was a better idea. I was a bit nervous fitting it myself but it wasn't actually that bad, especially now that no wires need to be cut in the newer kits. Took me a couple of hours but would be quicker a second time around.

Since I last posted I also tinted the rear passenger windows.

Reactions: s88ats
BAA7CFB3-F3DE-4AB1-816F-A38F7D4A76B3.jpeg
Second coat of Meguires ceramic wax and a finishing coat of Autobrite Project 64 .... job done ;)

Today my passenger side camera has been replaced, and i have had the mudflaps fitted.

I've had the car since november and a service request booked in for the camera since the day i had it.. Finally thats now sorted. the Ranger also noticed that i had no mudflaps (supposed to be fitted before collection during the PDI!!) so he fitted those while he was here.

Reactions: Medved_77
I'm really starting to feel guilty, not washed it since before Christmas, every weekend has either been snow or heavy rain.
Last time I made the mistake of washing it just before a freeze....

Door handles needed a wrist slap, the mirrors a yank, the (frozen up) window meant everything crossed gentle door closing & the frunk a lot of cursing before abandoning all attempts to open*. Loud cracking sounds from the wheels & ice cascading from the roof on driving away.

I won't be washing again for a while (car, not me).

*handle hinges previously had WD40 applied, Gummi Pfldge on window seals, car pre-heated for 15 mins

Last edited:
Reactions: Medved_77
Last time I made the mistake of washing it just before a freeze....

Door handles needed a wrist slap, the mirrors a yank, the (frozen up) window meant everything crossed gentle door closing & the frunk a lot of cursing before abandoning all attempts to open*. Loud cracking sounds from the wheels & ice cascading from the roof on driving away.

I won't be washing again for a while (car, not me).

*handle hinges previously had WD40 applied, Gummi Pfldge on window seals, car pre-heated for 15 mins
Thanks for this insight. I was going to brave it and give it a once over - it's filthy AF. With snow/ ice on the horizon tomorrow and from what you've gone through, I'll continue doing what I've been doing - waiting for a better weekend.

Any feedback on the gummi pfldge? My driver's side window seal is has developed a lovely squeak. I'm torn between aero 303 or gummi

Reactions: Jez_GB
I've always found 303 protectorant to do a good job, needs re-applying every few months, but I think that's the same for anything you put on the seals. Not sure how easy the Gummiplfedge stuff is to use, but 303 is clean and easy to apply, and a bottle seems to last for ages.

Motorcycle aerosol chain grease, in a can with a WD40 type long nozzle, is excellent for providing long-lasting lubrication to hinge and handle pins/bearings I've found. One application seems to last years.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
I've always found 303 protectorant to do a good job, needs re-applying every few months, but I think that's the same for anything you put on the seals. Not sure how easy the Gummiplfedge stuff is to use, but 303 is clean and easy to apply, and a bottle seems to last for ages.

Motorcycle aerosol chain grease, in a can with a WD40 type long nozzle, is excellent for providing long-lasting lubrication to hinge and handle pins/bearings I've found. One application seems to last years.
Thanks for this Glan, it is very useful. From reviews I noticed most people apply 303 for maintenance and the cleaning of the interior rather than dealing with squeaks. Which with each drive is starting to irk me.

Any feedback on the gummi pfldge?

Not sure how easy the Gummiplfedge stuff is to use, but 303 is clean and easy to apply, and a bottle seems to last for ages.

It has a sponge applicator attached so just squeeze and it creates a gentle white foam which you then run along the seals - very easy to apply. Even though the window was frozen in the 'up' position, the glass did not stick to the seal.

• Informative
Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Around 25 years ago I won a box full off car cleaning and protection/lubricating stuff as a prize from one of the motoring mags for a letter I wrote showing how to easily make a windscreen washer heating unit, using standard plumbing fittings. In that box was a spray bottle of 303, that I was still using until a couple of years ago, when the plastic bottle broke, having got brittle from old age!

I did try it on a vinyl dashboard once, but hated the semi-shiny finish it gave, made it look as if the car had been tarted up by a dodgy second hand car sales place. I did use 303 regularly on door and window seals, though, and found it did a good job of both stopping squeaks and making windows slide more easily (in framed windows).