Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you own before your Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a Model 3 LRAWD that I picked up in September. It was just totaled two weeks ago at only 3900 miles, luckily the payout was good and the other party claimed full liability. Picking up my Model Y on Saturday! Absolutely loved my 3 and am sad that its done, but happy to get some more space with the Y.

Reactions: ag-mod-y
Still have my 16 Tacoma, unfortunately it sits in the garage on a trickle charger since July. Not sure if I will ever hit 40k miles on it.
A5C3CAF4-339B-4DA0-968B-979687182C21.jpeg

2014 Audi S5 (6spd manual, black edition, track ready)
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R

I really miss the S5, especially driving manual. I sold it in 2018 right after I put my preorder in for the Model Y. I sold it for $10K over KBB, as it was still in like-new condition... though I must have put about $50K into it (suspension, brakes, exhaust/intake). The Subaru was awesome, and was a lease I got in between the S5 and the MY.

_DSC7260.jpg

The Y is my wifes (I drive the S) and she had a 2011 Lexus RX350 that she loved and that had zero issues in the entire 109k mile life she had it. Never saw the inside of a shop except for tires. (I did brakes and oil/filter changes over the years).

After less than 3 months with the Y, says she's never going back to gas again.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
2003 Toyota Corolla Sport (stick) - Got that to teach my kids how to drive a stick shift. They then (without my knowledge) taught some of their friends how to drive a stick. Had to changed the transmission fluid at 90K but surprisingly the clutch, tranny and muffler lasted over 150K. When my daughter "stole/bought" it from me (for $1K) , I then went to a
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Now have a 2020 LR AWD Y

BMW 435 GC
BMW i3 3-year EV test lease - never going back to ICE. BMW failed to capitalize on their EV lead on the pack.
2020 LR AWD Y - no significant issues after rear seats replaced. Love it.

Agreed. I had a loaded 2017 i3 BEV. It has been misrepresented on here perhaps by people who judge cars only by size. The quality of that thing and it’s carbon fibre tub are phenomenal. Great city run around car - as the range is not road trip capable.

I don't have my Y yet (order placed), but I currently have a P85 Model S (best vehicle I've ever owned) and before that I had a Honda Odyssey

After joining the Tesla life in 2016 I wont ever go back to ICE. I can't imagine not owning Tesla in my future, but that's because nothing has come close... yet.

Love my S, trading for a Y as I'd like to get new and the S is out of the price range I'd like stay in.