Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I own a boutique real estate brokerage in Fremont, CA selling mostly high-end homes. The Model S will be our business vehicle, replacing a 2011 E350 Bluetec diesel we leased for the tax deductions. I hope some of our clients that get to ride in our S buy a Tesla product, too, since we also own some stock and want to support Fremont manufacturing and EVs. One of my friends is waiting to reserve a Model X to replace his Porsche Cayenne S.

We are both former software engineers. I was an independent consultant in Silicon Valley. Her last job was at Sun Micro since their IPO for 5 years working on the Solaris Kernel engineering team, which reported to VP Eric Schmidt back then. She also played semi-pro high limit tournament poker (WSOP) before our son was born. My first exposure to Unix was Bell Labs research version 6 at Johns Hopkins in 1977. I still have the manuals, my DEC disk cartridge, and paper tapes. My wife jailbroke my iPhone (for free tethering at open houses on our grandfathered unlimited data plan - thanks AT&T!), and I got a rush logging in as "root" and checking out all the stuff in the filesystem!

I think the Model S is the perfect real estate car! Very quiet, very roomy, and a ginormous touch screen for maps!

I would also stock up an iPad with photos and information about the properties to be visited. They can see the map on the big screen with local schools and shopping indicated and drool over photos on the iPad en route.

Last edited:
Those of us that work for the large companies (fruit or otherwise) should find a way to exert some pressure on our respective facilities people to install more charger stalls...

Fortunately, at Google, no pressure needed. I think we still account for at least 1/3 of the ChargePoint stations in the Bay Area (the ChargePoint map doesn't show a difference between the double-headed units until you get down to the detail level - most of the units at Google are those). Google: We have largest EV charging network | Green Tech - CNET News

Use that to embarrass your respective facilities managers into doing the right thing!

I’m a Mechanical/Process engineer. I work for a firm and mostly do work for a large Atlanta based beverage company. I’m definitely stretching my budget and really glad I was way under budget when I bought my house, because otherwise this wouldn’t even be a possibility.

I can’t decide if I am going to plop down my tax return, or wait till the first deliveries come out for my reservation. My bank keeps prequalifying me for a $50,000 car loan. It is a sign.

So that is 4 fruit company people getting Model S' that I know of. We should have a meet up sometime. I know we will have two parked in VP2.

Your budding "fruit guys Model S club" is getting me jealous now! :smile:

Any Oracles out there?! From the SF Bay Area (Redwood Shores, Santa Clara, Pleasanton, San Fran)?! Let's get a club going too - first order of business, need to get Facilities to put some chargers in place!