Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is All-Wheel drive worth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would give you an update. I reserved the red RWD on Monday. Then last night I discovered by chance that Tesla had dropped the price of the AWD by $3,000. That made it a $4,000 difference (this car doesn't need the $500 LTE upgrade). With the AWD, the Cyclone wheels, the Titanium color that I like better, and the nicer interior/sound, I figured it was now worth it. So I switched over to the AWD while I still could.

I would get the RWD. "Ultra high fidelity sound" is not a worthwhile upgrade IMO, and the range difference is marginal at best, between AWD and RWD so really not a deciding factor.

If you frequent snow, yes, it will give you more peace of mind, but tbh the RWD car handles better than ANY RWD I've driven and launches just as well (in 60 and 75 guise)

I'd save the 7k and get the cheaper vehicle, that too with lower miles, its a no brainer IMO.

Thought I would give you an update. I reserved the red RWD on Monday. Then last night I discovered by chance that Tesla had dropped the price of the AWD by $3,000. That made it a $4,000 difference (this car doesn't need the $500 LTE upgrade). With the AWD, the Cyclone wheels, the Titanium color that I like better, and the nicer interior/sound, I figured it was now worth it. So I switched over to the AWD while I still could.
Good Call. At some point you may want to take a trip someplace cold and will be happy to have AWD when you do. Also, you will be more sure-footed when those 4:00pm thunderstorms come down in the Sunshine State.