Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is the highest reservation number to get invite to configure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P89xx here. Cacnelled my reservation yesterday after playing with the configuration thingy. I'm not going to wait another year for a Model X. Too little, too expensive, too late.
Can you explain a bit more what you mean? The price seems very much within what we expected (about $5k, give or take, above a comparable Model S). Yes, it's late and getting later, but that's not exactly new and didn't require for you to have access to the configurator to find out... so what triggered the decision?

Can you explain a bit more what you mean? The price seems very much within what we expected (about $5k, give or take, above a comparable Model S). Yes, it's late and getting later, but that's not exactly new and didn't require for you to have access to the configurator to find out... so what triggered the decision?
Sure. $5k above base Model S price. That will get you a Model X 70D. With nothing. And in maybe a year. And if you want the car now you need a P90D with some extras that are "automatic" and you are at a really high price - like more than six figures.

Sure. $5k above base Model S price. That will get you a Model X 70D. With nothing. And in maybe a year. And if you want the car now you need a P90D with some extras that are "automatic" and you are at a really high price - like more than six figures.
Well, no, if you want a Model X "now" you better hope you are a Founder. Even Sigs #1&2 haven't received their cars, yet. So with a P89xx you wouldn't have gotten even a P90D until Q2 or something. But I get your point. I was quite frustrated that they delayed X70D deliveries even more than the more expensive models.

And have you order my X for me by mistakenly pushing the "order" button? I don't think so. ;-)

Currently the configurator is locked down and you have to sign in with your personal account name and password to get access to it so sharing it with you would require that someone give you their account sign in and password. Not gonna happen.

- - - Updated - - -

This is going to have to be good enough. Thanks beths11! I forgot about that video. ;-)

Thank you, I've already seen this video. But I want to see myself each and packaging option. I would have a few hours to explore everything. Can anyone still provide such an opportunity?

- - - Updated - - -

P89xx here. Cacnelled my reservation yesterday after playing with the configuration thingy. I'm not going to wait another year for a Model X. Too little, too expensive, too late.

And you might not share access to the configurator?

Access is tied to an invitation to configure, which is tied to a reservation number.

When a reservation number is cancelled, there's no longer any access.

Clearly, all is very strict. Thank you. I believe that everyone should have free access to the configurator Model X

Because wanting to order a Model X would be greatly increased!

I'm a web programmer and I already have the desire to make a similar absolutely free configurator Model X for those who want to get acquainted with this model.

If I have someone provides access for a few hours to explore the configurator or all of the pictures in the original resolution, I make free configurator Model X for all users.

Contact me with the PM

Clearly, all is very strict. Thank you. I believe that everyone should have free access to the configurator Model X

I'm a web programmer and I already have the desire to make a similar absolutely free configurator Model X for those who want to get acquainted with this model.

If I have someone provides access for a few hours to explore the configurator or all of the pictures in the original resolution, I make free configurator Model X for all users.

Contact me with the PM

Good luck with that and don't spend too much time working on it. There is always the risk that Tesla's lawyers will issue a "cease and desist" order.

Good luck with that and don't spend too much time working on it. There is always the risk that Tesla's lawyers will issue a "cease and desist" order.
I thought about a third party configurator also, but the C&D immediately came to my mind. Also such a configurator won't reflect changes Tesla may make in between and may be misleading. Better to be patient.

Contact me with the PM

And everyone will get access to the Model X configurator (just as they have access to the Model S configurator) just as soon as Tesla works it's way through the ~20,000+ reservation holders it has first. Patience. Check back in a few months.

Cheers!

Meh, looks like this week wasn't as grand as I had hoped. After ~2500 invitations two weeks ago and then ~5000 invitations the week after, I was pretty sure that it'd finally be my turn today (P#12745), but I guess all the invites for this week have been sent out by now. Maybe I missed the cut-off by a mere 245 and we're at 12500 now?