Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What motor does your 2023 Model Y have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the VIN (PF714xxx) and inspected MYLR today - I was told it just came off the Fremont assembly line yesterday. 8th digit of the VIN is "E" and it has the 980 rear motor.
That is interesting, but after paying 4k more for a P model I must say a bit disturbing.
LR above has the same motors as my and other Performance Model buyers and the difference in HP in this case is only a programing limitation on the LR's ?

So now some E 8th digit Vin Fremont cars have the same motors as a Performance model?

Are the driver boards identical as well?

When buying the Performance MY over the LR what does this description from the details page Really mean??

"Performance All-Wheel Drive"

Have only had my car 2 days and really Really like it but thought I was getting a higher power higher duty drive train/system. I guess there is value in having Tesla warranty for the 3.8 seconds to 60MPH versus buying a tuner to unlock it and losing the warranty
Track mode has value as well.

Reactions: Mr_Joe
Dang.., truly the best bang for the buck is MYLR getting performance motors. No need to get MYP unless you want the big wheels
Yep. I wanted a car before months end, but did switch the order from the LR and preferred the increased ride height and smaller wheels.

The Performance models power is addicting though. No way I would risk losing the warranty and spend 2k? to hack Tesla's programing on a brand new car.

It does seem a MYLR with 3D1 +3D3 and the 2k performance boost would have gotten me almost the EXACT car I wanted though and saved money.

I forget that the P model did come with a spoiler and better brakes as well.
No complaints after all. :)

Congrats to MYLR order holders that get the higher current rear motor or the new version hairpin.

Last edited:
Reactions: somepaladin
I have received information from 20 MY's - only 2 are Performance and the other 18 are LR. Of those 18, 16 had a performance motor (3D1, 3D7 or 4D1) and 2 had a standard motor (3D5/990). I'm still hoping to get info from from a MY AWD. It does appear all of the 3D1/980 and 3D5/990 motors are coming out of Nevada and the 4D1 motors are coming from Austin/Giga Texas. We had one anomaly, where a China built 3D7 motor went to Canada. We also have two MYLR with 4D1 motors and an E in the VIN's 8th position (previous vehicles had an F).

Just a reminder, these Performance motors in the LR are still being limited by software. The updated table can be found below:

Attachments

• Tesla Table.JPG
    Tesla Table.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 351
Reactions: EVRob78
I have received information from 20 MY's - only 2 are Performance and the other 18 are LR. Of those 18, 16 had a performance motor (3D1, 3D7 or 4D1) and 2 had a standard motor (3D5/990). I'm still hoping to get info from from a MY AWD. It does appear all of the 3D1/980 and 3D5/990 motors are coming out of Nevada and the 4D1 motors are coming from Austin/Giga Texas. We had one anomaly, where a China built 3D7 motor went to Canada. We also have two MYLR with 4D1 motors and an E in the VIN's 8th position (previous vehicles had an F).

Just a reminder, these Performance motors in the LR are still being limited by software. The updated table can be found below:

Hoping to provide you with more Performance data next week. Sample size of 2 is really small... I hope more owners chime in on the type of motor they have.

I posted in a recent myawd thread for the owners of myawd to chime in their rear motors. Ill update here once heard back

JCLJorgenson You can add my Model Y Performance to the list
March Fremont build

7SAYGDEF2PF707---

3D1 3D3
Thanks. The 3D3 you attached is for the front motor, the rear 3D1 is what is most important. For now, I will assume the 3D1 was also manufactured on 2/26/23 (23057). Not sure if your MYP is a 2/2023 or 3/2023 manufacture date.

Last edited:
Sor
Thanks. The 3D3 you attached is for the front motor, the rear 3D1 is what is most important. For now, I will assume the 3D1 was also manufactured on 2/26/23 (23057). Not sure if your MYP is a 2/2023 or 3/2023 manufacture date.
Sorry my phone quit uploading the other photo and it isn't very good.

Definitely produced March of 2023 around the 6th.

I also contacted Tesla since I do not receive my title /registration package yet, and the Gal emailed me a registration application.

It does List Horsepower and Tesla declared it @418HP

Attachments

• PXL_20230319_180905652.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230319_180905652.MP.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 159
  • PXL_20230322_224002334.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230322_224002334.MP.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • PXL_20230319_181242007.jpg
    PXL_20230319_181242007.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 215
Last edited: