Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What motor does your 2023 Model Y have?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today

7SAYGDEE3PA10XXX (Austin build) 4D1

Motor Pic.png

Reactions: ruffneckc
Took delivery today

7SAYGDEE3PA10XXX (Austin build) 4D1

View attachment 930636
Do you have matrix headlights?
Do you have LFP battery?
Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information. If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, "High Voltage Battery type: Lithium Iron Phosphate" is listed. If your vehicle does not have an LFP battery, the high voltage Battery type is not specified.

Do you have matrix headlights?
Do you have LFP battery?
Some vehicles are equipped with a Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) Battery. To determine if your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, navigate to Controls > Software > Additional Vehicle Information. If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP battery, "High Voltage Battery type: Lithium Iron Phosphate" is listed. If your vehicle does not have an LFP battery, the high voltage Battery type is not specified.
No matrix headlights
No LFP (thanks for the step by step walk thru)

2(1 in the front, 1 in the rear)in the U.S. However, there is now a RWD variant for sale in Canada that would have only 1 motor in the rear…no info on where that unit is produced or the type of cell it uses. It’s likely that it’s the chinese produced version but not guaranteed.
Confirmed! Tesla is shipping GigaShanghai produced Model Y standard range(RWD) to Canada…a first for North America.

VIN 7SAYDEEXPA088xxx
TESLA 2023 MY 279mi Austin
GTX23079 0005DW 4D1 :)
1120960 front motor
4680 but no LFP :(
DD March 31st, SF Bay Area

I was on the edge of my seat catching up on these 14 pages up until now!

Wow that VIN is the exact same as mine aside from my serial being up into the 107 range. How do you like the car? Any issues so far? My is scheduled to be delivered at the end of next week. Also hoping it’s the 4D1.

April 2023 Austin Build LR, 7SAYGDEEXPA099XXX, 4D1 Motor

Looks like the GDEE part of the VIN doesn't tell you whether you got the 4D1 or not, I thought it had to end in F for it to be 4D1 but clearly not anymore.
I don't think it had any correlation between it being in Fremont built to have the 4D1 motor. The Fremont built MYLR just meant you got matrix headlights. In fact it was teh opposite, it was more likely with a Fremont build that you would get either the 990 motor or maybe the 980 motor.

I don't think it had any correlation between it being in Fremont built to have the 4D1 motor. The Fremont built MYLR just meant you got matrix headlights. In fact it was teh opposite, it was more likely with a Fremont build that you would get either the 990 motor or maybe the 980 motor.
Different F.

Take mine for example... 7SAYGDEF1PF(numbers)

GDEE vs GDEF (used to) indicate motor... or you could look at it as "non-performance vs performance trim."

Skip a letter/number (because that's a check value)

PA(numbers) vs PF(numbers) indicates factory its assembled (Austin vs Fremont).

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I was not referring to that F. In my post I had:
April 2023 Austin Build LR, 7SAYGDEEXPA099XXX, 4D1 Motor
Position 8 in the VIN is what I was talking about. Mine has an E (I made it green to save you counting). MYP models have an F- but earlier this year some MYLR models were shipping with an F there and they reported having the 4D1 motor. So some people (me included) thought that the F vs E in that position 8 is what tells if you have 4D1 or not. But mine has an E and it has a 4D1 motor so I was just saying that idea is wrong- at least it is currently.

You are referring to position 11, where in the US it can be F for Fremont or A for Austin. I made this one red above for clarity. You are probably right about:
In fact it was teh opposite, it was more likely with a Fremont build that you would get either the 990 motor or maybe the 980 motor.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I was not referring to that F. In my post I had:

Position 8 in the VIN is what I was talking about. Mine has an E (I made it green to save you counting). MYP models have an F- but earlier this year some MYLR models were shipping with an F there and they reported having the 4D1 motor. So some people (me included) thought that the F vs E in that position 8 is what tells if you have 4D1 or not. But mine has an E and it has a 4D1 motor so I was just saying that idea is wrong- at least it is currently.

You are referring to position 11, where in the US it can be F for Fremont or A for Austin. I made this one red above for clarity. You are probably right about:
Ok yes didn't see your other post....the build location has always been digit 11 in the VIN for a long time now.

Reactions: Jesse75