Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple more things about SpaceX. First, Elon made an interesting observation about 2+ years ago. He said that there was more margin in building satellites than in rocket lift. He made that comment just before they started building Starlink satellites. So, like any successful business, he is now going upstream and is starting to build satellites for other customers. SpaceX just inked a US defense contract to build four satellites. I expect them to get into building a variety of other contracts for others at some point as well (eg. planetary observation for weather, space observation, etc.)

Second, something that I haven't seen talked about, but I expect Starlink will start eating away at traditional satellite telecom's business. A Starlink terminal can do more than just carry public Internet packets. Unless they've really missed a trick, they can also carry dedicated (private) telecom links, which is exactly what traditional geostationary satellite does. It is a bit more complicated than that because you need good access to specific ground link locations for delay sensitive applications, like a TV broadcast studio. But over time, Starlink will likely put out of business a lot of telecom satellite companies. Which has historically been a large part of SpaceX's commercial customers. Fun times.

• Informative
Reactions: ZOE5IVE and pz1975
from American Stock Transfer
i have no DPHC holdings but just an FYI of whats going on under the hood

DIAMOND PEAK HOLDINGS CORP HAS SET ITS MERGER MEETING FOR 10.22.20
CONVERSION RIGHT OPTION FOR CASH $10.15,
(COMMON ONLY QUALIFIES FOR REDEMPTION CUSIP: 25280H100)
COMMON SHARES TO BE DELIVERED VIA DWAC WITHDRAWAL TO QUALIFY
CONVERSION RIGHT EXPIRES 2 DAYS PRIOR TO MEETING
SHARES NEED TO BE IN HAND BY 10.20.20 4PM
REDEMPTION INSTRUCTIONS SENT TO AST WITH WIRE INSTRUCTIONS

SHAREHOLDERS DO NOT NEED TO BE A RECORD HOLDER AND SHOULD DECALRE
THEY ARE NOT VOTING IN CONCERT IN NOTICE

Hard to know if pack companies will be a goldmine or be crushed by Elon's efficiency. My assumption is that we'll be so supply constrained thru 2025 that companies like this will have fat margins and be a clear target for desperate acquisition by the OEMs that are behind the curve. Which is all of them.

That being said, never heard of these guys before today.

Charged EVs | Battery pack maker Romeo Systems to go public in $1.33-billion SPAC deal
EV battery pack manufacturer Romeo System
s plans to go public through a merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) called RMG Acquisition in a $1.33-billion deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2020. The combined company will be listed on the NYSE under the symbol RMO.
Romeo Systems is a five year old com
pany based in the Los Angeles area. It provides batteries, in partnership with Tier 1 supplier BorgWarner (which owns 20% of Romeo), mainly to commercial truck manufacturers in North America and Europe.

Clearly it is time to buy more FUV stock :D

fuv.png

So, Array Technologies (ARRY) just went public this morning. They increased their offering size and increased the IPO price to $22/share. They are trading at around $31 right now. Market cap is fairly low for a company with over $1B in sales. Solid growth curve. I suspect the presidential election uncertainty is pressing down on its price since it makes commercial solar array trackers.

I got allocated 100 shares at the IPO price :rolleyes:

So I also bought a bunch at around $30.50.

Without getting political, can anyone give me a summary of likely changes in federal spending or programs for commercial solar going forward under each administration? I'm not looking for sentiments, I'm looking for actual concrete differences.

Array Technologies Boosts IPO Size and Raises $1 Billion

Fastly took a dump. IV @100. Time to sell some PUTS ;) (assignment OK)

Jan 22 $100 strikes for $40.20 premium. If assigned, cost will be 60$
Yesterday AM, I had a larger holder ask me what I would do with his $5 to $130 fast position and I told him ‘I’d be selling this fully”... not sure yet if he did 20%, 50% or more (most likely not more, he’s always been a holder)... Sub 80$, we’ll see, I’d buy back for the swing at least over 100$ again.

Q2 Ark webcast, they mentioned NNDM as micro-cap in their fund that has underperformed recently but they had confidence in. NNDM is an Israeli company that manufactures 3D printers of circuit boards. Their value add is in collapsing the timeline from design to production, quick iteration and maintaining design secrecy... where custom boards can be rapidly designed, produced, and tested in short order. Today NNDM was up 34% and in the after hours it’s up another 28%. Additionally, ARKQ added 214,461shares today. That alone could be the catalyst. Maybe something to take a look at, for my fellow TMC investors.

NNDM is gaining momentum and moving up big time.

• Love
Reactions: phantasms