Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes being too familiar with a subject matter can hurt your investing.

I had worked on continuous glucose monitoring algorithms (non-invasive). While high accuracy may be far away, plenty of big players are working on that. The idea of a sub dermal device leaves a lot desired, simply because the "theoretical" best case is not having to go under the skin at all.

But that is a dumb reason not to see the potential for a device that is an improvement on current devices. Stupid me!

• Helpful
Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
Sometimes being too familiar with a subject matter can hurt your investing.

I had worked on continuous glucose monitoring algorithms (non-invasive). While high accuracy may be far away, plenty of big players are working on that. The idea of a sub dermal device leaves a lot desired, simply because the "theoretical" best case is not having to go under the skin at all.

But that is a dumb reason not to see the potential for a device that is an improvement on current devices. Stupid me!

It's important because it doesn't require as much user intervention.

Diabetics are usually the worst impediment to their own care (i.e. you don't know what your glucose is if you don't check it or don't wear your CGM - this bypasses that completely).

Chamath announcing a SOFI merger with one of his SPACs. IPOE is up ~30%, so I assume that's the one.

I bought IPOB and then sold after it "merged" with a company I wasn't interested in. Bought IPOC and it's now Clover Health. Bought a bit of IPOD/E/F earlier this week thankfully and will continue to buy them as Chamath releases further into the alphabet.
All these IPO[X] stocks are doing quite well. IPOE(SoFi) has doubled since this post a couple weeks back when the merger was announced, and it seems to be dragging the others up with it.

IPOC is now CLOV(Clover Health) and that's IMO rising due to some recent acquisitions of similar companies. Hoping they maintain growth and are acquired soon so I can bail. Not interested in making money off our bloated and inefficient healthcare system.

Keeping an eye out for IPOG to become available for trading. Guess I can put a buy order in Fidelity for that symbol @ $10.50 and it'll just hopefully trigger when IPOG opens? I'm a little hesitant to do a market order, but maybe a small one just in case there's a non-algo run on it at 9:35am that day.

Edit: Tried to place a buy order for IPOG on Fidelity and am getting "invalid symbol" error. Will do some research for workarounds. Anyone have thoughts on standing orders for stocks not yet available?

All these IPO[X] stocks are doing quite well. IPOE(SoFi) has doubled since this post a couple weeks back when the merger was announced, and it seems to be dragging the others up with it.

IPOC is now CLOV(Clover Health) and that's IMO rising due to some recent acquisitions of similar companies. Hoping they maintain growth and are acquired soon so I can bail. Not interested in making money off our bloated and inefficient healthcare system.

Keeping an eye out for IPOG to become available for trading. Guess I can put a buy order in Fidelity for that symbol @ $10.50 and it'll just hopefully trigger when IPOG opens? I'm a little hesitant to do a market order, but maybe a small one just in case there's a non-algo run on it at 9:35am that day.

Edit: Tried to place a buy order for IPOG on Fidelity and am getting "invalid symbol" error. Will do some research for workarounds. Anyone have thoughts on standing orders for stocks not yet available?

I am interested in SOFI. Newb question: if I buy in to IPOE now, does that automatically get converted to SOFI shares after the SPAC takes it public?

Reactions: Stone_Watcher
What's the consensus on Redfin?
I really like redfin. Ive been using them since ~2014 and find their product vastly better than zillow and the like. Not sure why zillow is so popular to be honest. I feel like they had so many old listings when I tried to look for houses on there. I even bought a place using one of redfin agents and it was a very pleasant experience. They also provide all the information that you would need to make a better decision from a cost perspective so you don’t have to hunt it down elsewhere (taxes, hoa fees, etc).
I wanted to invest in them back then, but they were still private, then it kind of fell off my radar and I only discovered that they went public after the run up since March.