Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I follow, and own,
ALB, Albemarle, since they bought Rockwood holdings a few years back (Li processor(,
Western Lithium which became LACDF becoming Lithium Americas and has a nice A/D (accumulation distribution) line trending upwards as a long term,
NVDA, Nvidia (bought at about $62 or so) (when Tesla and MobilEye had their spat)
got some VWDRY Vestas wind (also nice A/D line) when I saw a blade of a wind turbine and a nacelle on the washington DC beltway late at night heading north, dont know whose it was, but I see turbine farms going in everywhere, when i visited Ireland, Rochester, NY, flew over wind farms going from DC to SAN Diego)
and naturally TSLA
The collapse of electrical utilities occuring starting about 5 years ago over the next 10 years.
They need electricity PV, Wind turbines, battery and PV farms, and electric vehicles. (drive North south along the east coast of the US and see Photovoltaic farms, Wind turbine farms, PV on a lot of houses for distributed generation, read about South Australia and their Virtual Power plants where small arrays are aggregating into multi megawatt "generating plants" read about the coal plants destroying rivers with coal ash and peoples lives and homes

I have also looked at renewables, and oil data sets that BP publishes every year and noted the doubling about every 1.5 years of renewables, and thought, who goes into them
BP will publish the free one again in a few weeks for 2017, meanwhile you can get the 2016 excell spreadsheet
Statistical Review of World Energy | Energy economics | BP Global
Vestas is good. Bought while back on a dip at around 20, its at $30 range now. Looks really promising. Go on you tube and check out some of their off-shore videos. Though company is based in Denmark, they have a factory in Colorado as well.

BTW, scanning this thread trying to find some real quality stuff, based on TMC member recommendations :)
wind and sunlight is pretty much "free" fuel, extracting value with a positive delta has been the problem for a long time.
look at the "Jakes" Jacob water pumping windmills from the 1930's, some still going, quietly working, look at PV, $600/watt in 1956, now $0.25 a watt in 2017.
what fuels winds? earths rotation AND sunlight
waht fuels sunlight? a fusion generator a safe, 8.3 light minutes away
It is so simple a concept, just efficiently collecting and controlling and storing and disbursing it has been tough
but this is extremely obvious. YOU understand it

Anyone considering Appl. WWDC 2017 June 5th & also iphone 8 cycle?
I have a small position (relative) in APPL to ride through end of year- iPhone 8 cycle will be very strong IMO; [disclosure: Ive been long APPL for many years- but slowly moving those $s to TSLA core adds]- The new iPhone 8 w/major physical changes will probably be my last APPL 'growth' level investment (maintenance position only after that)--

Reactions: elasalle
Anyone considering Appl. WWDC 2017 June 5th & also iphone 8 cycle?
I love me some Apple. It was my biggest position until very recently when Tesla passed it due to its recent run up. I have a feeling I may be getting some Beats solo 3 headphones for my birthday in a few days (I may have ordered them for my wife) to go with my iPhone 7, MacBook Pro, Apple Watch, IMac, AirPods, IPad, etc. I love their products. If I were to be given a full suite of the competitors products for free, I would still go buy all Apple products at full retail and use them instead. Every time they have a "disappointing" quarter, which also happens to be a world record for the most profitable quarter for any company in the history of the world, I get a warm feeling inside. I don't know about a short term trade based on WWDC, and the new phone, but long term I think Apple will do very nicely.

TSLA vs NVDA valuation. Just had a quick look at NVDA considering to buy it (and bough some actually).
Was a bit shocked to see that NVDA is valued more than a TSLA. Can not really understand this.
Just quick look into reports: Rev growth (equal, TSLA has much clearer road to sustainable 50+% growth for many years forward in my view); Profits - NVDA has 2x profit margin - ok, noted; new products, potential market size - TSLA is a huge winner here.
My take on that: we are still not far from 2013 in terms of how much the market believes Tesla and understands it. For me it looks like the market either doesn't believe that Tesla can have sustainable 50% annual growth (meaning will not be able to produce or sell model 3 and models S+X will stagnate on current levels) or doesn't think that it will be able to sell model 3 with a normal positive margin (will loose money on every car sold thesis). And definitely any products beyond cars and further than model 3 are not priced at all (vaporware thesis, will not happen).
So I got a new boost of confidence at the potential of TSLA (after reading too much articles about how Tesla is overvalued, everything is priced in, etc. my optimism was a bit tempered).
Please feel free to correct my logic, will be glad to hear your thoughts on that.

TSLA vs NVDA valuation. Just had a quick look at NVDA considering to buy it (and bough some actually).
Was a bit shocked to see that NVDA is valued more than a TSLA. Can not really understand this.
Just quick look into reports: Rev growth (equal, TSLA has much clearer road to sustainable 50+% growth for many years forward in my view); Profits - NVDA has 2x profit margin - ok, noted; new products, potential market size - TSLA is a huge winner here.
My take on that: we are still not far from 2013 in terms of how much the market believes Tesla and understands it. For me it looks like the market either doesn't believe that Tesla can have sustainable 50% annual growth (meaning will not be able to produce or sell model 3 and models S+X will stagnate on current levels) or doesn't think that it will be able to sell model 3 with a normal positive margin (will loose money on every car sold thesis). And definitely any products beyond cars and further than model 3 are not priced at all (vaporware thesis, will not happen).
So I got a new boost of confidence at the potential of TSLA (after reading too much articles about how Tesla is overvalued, everything is priced in, etc. my optimism was a bit tempered).
Please feel free to correct my logic, will be glad to hear your thoughts on that.
Will Tesla model 3 have NVidia computers? exclusively if so?

I only consider :
- Facebook : worth 2-3 trillion in the next 10-15 years. The amount of data they collect is huge, they have one of the best AI team led by one of the pioneer in recent advances : Yann Lecun.

- Amazon : worth 3-4 trillion in the next 10-15 years. They're going to change the way we shop simply. The way you buy things (mainly commodities) will largely be dominated by Amazon

- Netflix : worth 300-400 billion in the next 10 years. Amazing brand, very good content. Everyone around me uses Netflix and never watch TV.

I only consider :
- Facebook : worth 2-3 trillion in the next 10-15 years. The amount of data they collect is huge, they have one of the best AI team led by one of the pioneer in recent advances : Yann Lecun.

- Amazon : worth 3-4 trillion in the next 10-15 years. They're going to change the way we shop simply. The way you buy things (mainly commodities) will largely be dominated by Amazon

- Netflix : worth 300-400 billion in the next 10 years. Amazing brand, very good content. Everyone around me uses Netflix and never watch TV.
Off topic question: Germany has annual TV tax. right? Can you avoid it by not having cable or antenna and just watch Netflix on your TV?

I only consider :

Same, except my 'N' stock is NVDA instead of Netflix

NVDA
SHOP
FB
AAPL
ADBE
MSFT
TXN

Then a ton of the boring, super long hold reliables for the next 15-20 years like HD, DIS, SHW,KO,V

Always looking for more in the healthcare sector and financial with interest rates set to rise again here soon.

*not stock advice :)

Off topic question: Germany has annual TV tax. right? Can you avoid it by not having cable or antenna and just watch Netflix on your TV?

Unfortunately not..it's a fee that every household has to pay regardless of owning a TV or not. It finances public channels with the idea to broadcast informative content. Yet, strangely the focus group is most often elderly people. I'm indeed only watching Netflix.

• Informative
Reactions: TMSE and GoTslaGo