Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did quite extensive research on Nickel mining companies. I think the biggest upside exists on junior mining companies which would come online just in time for the EV boom. Canadian Nickel Company is my favorite choice.

The CEO Mark Selby talks about getting rid of the Nickel Sulphates 2 months before Tesla introduced this publicly during the battery production day. I think this was a slip up on his side. This makes me believe that Tesla could partner with them if all the feasibility studies comes positive. PEA results were positive announced in Dec.

Watch the interview below with the time stamp for a minute.

Y
ou can have a look at my research here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RdJr0pz5sAZwIQVdu3ewQlTNi1hN0uOXmRA92bLf4sM

I appreciate that. Good looking out with the links. I will check out Canada Nickel especially since it is a cheap stock right now that I can buy and hold.

I have a bit of Talon Metal Corp who are also a penny stock in the nickel mining business and they too are looking out to that 2024/2025 time horizon.

Reactions: amolina
These Chamath IPOx SPACs are like free money. Between his intelligent investing decisions and the FOMO/exuberance the market has for his mergers, I dont see why every one of these (including future ones not created yet) won’t go up by at least 50% eventually. Maybe if 1-2 of them eventually crash he will lose the bloom off his rose but until then sign me up!

Last edited:
There is a lot of talk in this thread about speculative or early stage companies. But have anyone looked into TWTR? To me it looks like a potential gem that is right here in front of us. I think it is potentially a media monopoly in the future (if not today). As to how to value it, I am not really sure, but I think they have a lot of money taps they can turn on at any time.
Twitter's 41B looks unfairly low to me when I look at:
Facebook 763B
Netflix 225B
Roku 47B
Spotify 61B (potential music industry monopoly)

Other than the fact that I hate Twitter and wish it were burnt to the ground...

Whats the deal with LMND today? Is it simply because I sold my LMND position yesterday to buy TSLA? Felt like I was cheating on TSLA so I sold the LMND...hopefully I made the right decision. Wasn't much though.

Because Motley Fool recommended them again. Every time Fool's mentions them, it bursts upwards by 25% at least. This is the second time its happening. I only wish if I worked there so as to know the timing of these recommendations

Whats the deal with LMND today? Is it simply because I sold my LMND position yesterday to buy TSLA? Felt like I was cheating on TSLA so I sold the LMND...hopefully I made the right decision. Wasn't much though.
I have a horrible admission. There's a chain of healthy food stores here called "Lemonade", and we often use them for catering. Someone mentioned LMND, and I'd just walked past one in my very rare forays to the outside world, so I bought some...

I did quite extensive research on Nickel mining companies. I think the biggest upside exists on junior mining companies which would come online just in time for the EV boom. Canadian Nickel Company is my favorite choice.

The CEO Mark Selby talks about getting rid of the Nickel Sulphates 2 months before Tesla introduced this publicly during the battery production day. I think this was a slip up on his side. This makes me believe that Tesla could partner with them if all the feasibility studies comes positive. PEA results were positive announced in Dec.

Watch the interview here with the time stamp for a minute.

Y
Thanks for the write up. Been reading on nickel a bit given the discussion here.

How do folks handle thinly traded stock? Canada Nickel appears to be CNIKF for a US trader. It has low volume and a gigantic bid/ask spread (1.54-1.83 as I type this). This stock "jumped" today, but with it being so thinly traded and the bid/ask range so high, I'm not sure how real that move actually is.

Thanks for the write up. Been reading on nickel a bit given the discussion here.

How do folks handle thinly traded stock? Canada Nickel appears to be CNIKF for a US trader. It has low volume and a gigantic bid/ask spread (1.54-1.83 as I type this). This stock "jumped" today, but with it being so thinly traded and the bid/ask range so high, I'm not sure how real that move actually is.

I hope that it is not my research that is moving the stock. Pretty interesting to note that Mark knew about Tesla's process before it was public information. You could also try to buy it in different exchanges? CNC.V is currently halted pending news from the company.
https://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/equity/canada-nickel-co-inc

My reasons for investing in it are as follows. Although I wouldn't recommend trading it.

• Nickel mined with CNC.V would be very environmental friendly

• Regulations are not a problem as there are many mining operations in the jurisdictions, so the local government is very pro mining

• Already Signed MOUs with local First Nation

• Has raised enough capital to last them through the feasibility testing

• CEO has a history of bringing junior mines to life

You could also try to buy it in different exchanges? CNC.V is currently halted pending news from the company.
https://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/equity/canada-nickel-co-inc
I'm using TD Ameritrade (thinkorswim) and I don't see any way to buy other than as CNIKF. Trading is halted anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Near the close yesterday, I had a buy order in and was ready to go, but wanted to sleep on it. I suspect I'll regret that hesitation when they come out with this news :) Ah well, it wasn't much as most of my money is locked up elsewhere.

The only way I could buy through Schwab was CNIKF. I tried a few times to get a limit order in near the listed price and couldn't get any action. I finally did a small "market" purchase just to see what it would cost me and was pretty surprised to pay $1.68 a share. That said, given the halt for pending news, I might be OK with that price if the news is good. Fingers crossed that the recommendation from amolina got me in there just in time.

Reactions: amolina

Its better to buy it directly on Canadian exchange. It always had much better bid/ask and more liquidity

I'm using TD Ameritrade (thinkorswim) and I don't see any way to buy other than as CNIKF. Trading is halted anyway, so I suppose it doesn't matter.

Near the close yesterday, I had a buy order in and was ready to go, but wanted to sleep on it. I suspect I'll regret that hesitation when they come out with this news :) Ah well, it wasn't much as most of my money is locked up elsewhere.

I got about 5000 shares. I hope that it is getting acquired by Tesla. Zoom zoom then

Y

EDIT: PEA results are not out yet. Made a mistake. But they have announced positive initial metallurgy results on 23 Dec
https://canadanickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/CNC-07-31-2020-FS.pdf

I don't have any particular feelings about NIO after NIO Day but the other company in that self-driving collab is Nvidia. Yeah, the same Nvidia I posted about just last week.

NVDA was actually my first 20 bagger not TSLA. In 2021 I see big upside for NVDA, not only because Nvidia Drive is likely to become the de-facto standard for off-the-shelf self-driving platforms sold to OEMs (VW already has an agreement), but also because of the impending ARM Holdings acquisition. I'm going to be adding to my NVDA stake in 2021 as I see opportunities to buy in.

Y
Thanks for bringing it to the attention of this group. I am thinking of buying some and holding. Any comments on the deal they signed? Sounds positive to me.
Canada Nickel Signs MOU with Glencore Canada for Potential Use of the Kidd Concentrator and Metallurgical Site