Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got rid of a bit when it was $4.25 my problem is that my stupid 401k PCRA account requires that my funds settle before I can buy back in so I have a hard time playing these dips since it usually takes 2-3 days for the funds to settle.

It is funny because if you told me 2 weeks ago that ABML would be $3 on January 28th I would have been over the moon. But since it was almost $5 two days ago now it feels like a letdown.

Definitely a stock to own long IMO so I should really ignore these oscillations but it is hard sometimes. :)

I have a similar issue with having to wait 2 days for funds to settle. Would have bought at the low today if available. But have a decent chunk of funds clearing tomorrow and debating between ABML and TSLA. Might buy ABML as I already have a decent %'age of assets in TSLA. Also, seems like the upside could be higher with ABML but who knows.

I didn't get in on TSLA until after battery day and wished I got in earlier. Even when I did get in I focused on the daily oscillations and didn't get in at the exact low. However, since then the stock has more than doubled which for me is huge as i had always invested in global stock index funds prior to then and would be lucky to see a 10% gain in any given year.

Hear is to my hopefully first 10X investment, ABML, if TSLA doesn't get their first for me...I will be following it closely.

I keep waiting for the short squeeze on SENS but no luck yet...

Interesting that you say that. My friend who got into the GME, AMC, BB, craze sent me a list of the top shorted companies and noticed SENS was on that list. I only recognized it because of posts in this thread.

Is this another stock that has some great long-term potential? Why would it be so heavily shorted? don't know much about them.

Interesting that you say that. My friend who got into the GME, AMC, BB, craze sent me a list of the top shorted companies and noticed SENS was on that list. I only recognized it because of posts in this thread.

Is this another stock that has some great long-term potential? Why would it be so heavily shorted? don't know much about them.

They make an implantable continuous glucose monitor. It’s gone from 50 cents to around $2.50 in the last couple of months. Some think the company has huge potential once they get fda approval for their 180 day application and start getting more of a foothold over the competition. Many analysts think it’s overbought and that they have no real revenue yet so the stock is too high. At least that’s what I’ve gathered from reading about it. I got in fairly early and I’m long on the stock but if it ran up like some of these other ones I’d sell in a heart beat.

• Informative
Reactions: cusetownusa
Anyone else concerned we all thought this thread and a few others were wildly irrational just 2 weeks ago and now seem super tame?

This is not good!!!! BUY!!!!!!!!!!
Boring is good, plus no rocket ship emojis :)

I did participate in the GME craziness. I understood the potential. We have all talked about TSLA squeezes off and on for a decade here, so I understood some of the reasonable underpinnings behind the crazy. I tried not to go full crazy, bought a bunch of $60c 1 year leaps, sold in tranches on the way up and am no longer part of it. The risk/reward seemed reasonable as long as I had a plan. Now putting that into the various companies we talked about here and things like ARKG.

Buy and hold wins the race though. If I had just HODL my original TSLA shares from 2011...man, every day I sigh with regret. GME did make up about 50% of what I missed out on with my failure in TSLA. In 9 days. It was lottery roll though, not really an investment. I'm grateful it worked out so well, but I'm happier back in companies with products I believe in.

So the way things have been going....

What do you guys think or Blockbuster Video? ATH of 30. Currently trades at one 6th of a penny. At this rate it should be $100 by the end of the week, no? /s

:p

Uhhhh....so did anyone buy it? Can't freaking believe I didn't. $1k would be $36k.

I'm going to think up some more dumb ideas and then act on it.

I recommend having a look at Lynas Rare Earths, which is the only major producer of refined rare earths outside of China. LYC on the ASX or LYSCF in the OTC market. I’ve been invested in this company since 2012.

I expect the share price to double within 12 months and 4-5x by 2025. Even higher multiples are possible in the event of a global supply shortage arising from exponential growth of EV sales, wind power deployment etc. AND/OR a trade war with China - who has repeatedly threatened to restrict REE exports to the US and others.

Lynas is profitable, well managed, and is growing together with the increasing global demand for REEs. Its share price has been suppressed for years due to sovereign risk relating to a hostile government in Malaysia, where their processing facility is located. This risk is abating for two reasons. First, there has been a change of government in Malaysia and operations are no longer threatened. Second, Lynas is building two new processing facilities in Australia and Texas. In fact, the US military will help to fund the plant in Texas, as announced last week.

Lynas is currently a penny stock, traded over the counter overseas. I expect that to change this year, as the share price has risen to $4/share in the US. It’s very likely to be uplisted to the Nasdaq when it reaches $5, greatly boosting its profile and widening the pool of potential investors.

Link to Lynas’ latest QR below.

https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/ann-quarterly-activities-report.5876905/?post_id=50524441

Cheers

They announced a $50 million direct dilution of shares to potential partners for $1.25 a share. This is a great thing because it means they are trying to set themselves up for the future. The scale of this thing is MASSIVE. What people are not saying is that their Eversense product is already being used in Europe and is a proven technology. Once they receive FDA approval for the USA, it's going to the moon man.

I woke up this morning bought 2,500 shares at $1.5. I am totally jealous I could not buy 20,000 my friend!!!! I am not taking profits until we hit $10 per share (that's the minimum).

@D Unit @ckessel @bkp_duke what's your latest take on SENS? I'm thinking about buying 20,000 shares tomorrow

@D Unit @ckessel @bkp_duke what's your latest take on SENS? I'm thinking about buying 20,000 shares tomorrow

My "not advice" is that I'm not good at predicting short term price fluctuations, but I'm in SENS for the long haul. I believe that because their sensors are already approved in Europe and have a proven track record is a very good indication for approval in the US. Two major health insurance companies giving the OK for approval on payments is also another very positive development.

So, I'm in for the medium to long-term.

Reactions: Thora
My "not advice" is that I'm not good at predicting short term price fluctuations, but I'm in SENS for the long haul. I believe that because their sensors are already approved in Europe and have a proven track record is a very good indication for approval in the US. Two major health insurance companies giving the OK for approval on payments is also another very positive development.

So, I'm in for the medium to long-term.

what type of upside are we looking here? Not too familiar with this market and what type of advantage they have over the competition.

I have enough to by 20,000 shares as well and was originally debating between TSLA and ABML but reading about SENS yesterday has me considering them as well.

what type of upside are we looking here? Not too familiar with this market and what type of advantage they have over the competition.

I have enough to by 20,000 shares as well and was originally debating between TSLA and ABML but reading about SENS yesterday has me considering them as well.

I don't have the trading experience to make a prediction like that. GME has told me to just not make predictions, lol.

• Funny

Just FYI. I am long on SENS but these offerings at prices lower than the current stock price will impact short term decisions IMO.

SENS Stock Offering

I have a similar issue with having to wait 2 days for funds to settle. Would have bought at the low today if available. But have a decent chunk of funds clearing tomorrow and debating between ABML and TSLA. Might buy ABML as I already have a decent %'age of assets in TSLA. Also, seems like the upside could be higher with ABML but who knows.

I didn't get in on TSLA until after battery day and wished I got in earlier. Even when I did get in I focused on the daily oscillations and didn't get in at the exact low. However, since then the stock has more than doubled which for me is huge as i had always invested in global stock index funds prior to then and would be lucky to see a 10% gain in any given year.

Hear is to my hopefully first 10X investment, ABML, if TSLA doesn't get their first for me...I will be following it closely.

With the renewed focus on sourcing materials domestically, Biden saying the Federal fleet will be converted to electric, GM saying they'll be all zero emissions by 2035, and most other manufacturers heading that way as well I think ABML is a slam dunk in the long term. I just keep buying a little more every time it dips if I happen to have funds available though it is approaching 25% of my portfolio now (mostly because it tripled in value over the last month) so I have to be careful not to get too invested in one company.

• Informative

I am just some clown on the internet that trades in his spare time, so take this with a grain of salt, but what kind of short-medium term upside do you think TSLA has at this point? It seems like everything has to go right over the next 5 years to justify the current valuation. I love my car, love what TSLA does and I get that TSLA is well positioned for the "green" era with a lead on other companies for solar, battery, EV, and other tech but when I see charts like this I get nervous.

Full disclosure. I sold all but 1 of my TSLA shares at $875. I wanted to still be a shareholder so I had to keep one but I think that the stock can't keep growing at the kind of rate is has.

With the renewed focus on sourcing materials domestically, Biden saying the Federal fleet will be converted to electric, GM saying they'll be all zero emissions by 2035, and most other manufacturers heading that way as well I think ABML is a slam dunk in the long term. I just keep buying a little more every time it dips if I happen to have funds available though it is approaching 25% of my portfolio now (mostly because it tripled in value over the last month) so I have to be careful not to get too invested in one company.

I was thinking the same...Bought a bunch of shares yesterday and would have bought a bunch more but needed to wait until today for funds to clear. Bummer as ABML jumped up this morning and had a big dip yesterday that I would have liked to take full advantage of.

I am just some clown on the internet that trades in his spare time, so take this with a grain of salt, but what kind of short-medium term upside do you think TSLA has at this point? It seems like everything has to go right over the next 5 years to justify the current valuation. I love my car, love what TSLA does and I get that TSLA is well positioned for the "green" era with a lead on other companies for solar, battery, EV, and other tech but when I see charts like this I get nervous.

Full disclosure. I sold all but 1 of my TSLA shares at $875. I wanted to still be a shareholder so I had to keep one but I think that the stock can't keep growing at the kind of rate is has.

You may be right on growth, but this valuation metric is totally dumb.