Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What the $#@$# is going on with Model X custom orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just waited. I reached out to SA and DA but not much help. All of sudden I got a text saying, please schedule your delivery date and time.
Have a check ready or submit payment as it should be very close and VIN did not show up either. It just showed purchase insurance option after scheduling the delivery.

Oh okay, that is reassuring. However I just got an email with Next Steps for Delivery saying action required for all items that I have already completed, like uploading my drivers license, delivery location, insurance, and trade in. My account reflects that as well...this is getting fun now

Oh okay, that is reassuring. However I just got an email with Next Steps for Delivery saying action required for all items that I have already completed, like uploading my drivers license, delivery location, insurance, and trade in. My account reflects that as well...this is getting fun now
Done all those a month ago. Uploaded proof of insurance but it won't show on the system. Just bring a copy at the time of delivery with you or they won't let you pick up the car. That's what the SC told me, even though, I uploaded three times.

Done all those a month ago. Uploaded proof of insurance but it won't show on the system. Just bring a copy at the time of delivery with you or they won't let you pick up the car. That's what the SC told me, even though, I uploaded three times.
Car is not ready or in transit so just have to wait. My account still shows overview next step as payment. Technology company but it's not being used for customer or process.

Attachments

• 2019-09-25_1107.png
    2019-09-25_1107.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 87
I ordered new Model X Performance on 08/14/2019. Site said, "2 weeks" (and still does). It's now 5.5 weeks and counting. My 4th Tesla purchase.

08/2013 - Model S 85
12/2014 - Model S P85D
01/2016 - Model X P90D Signature
08/2019 - Model X P100D

Surprised they haven't updated the 2 week estimate to reflect reality. I already sold the 2016 Model X and the buyer is patiently waiting... Inaccurate estimates have a ripple effect.

Received a text this morning from my delivery advisor. Delivery 6pm Friday!

Looks like my delivery center was changed to Fremont without my knowledge. Still nothing updating on my account. We live 90 miles from Fremont, but only 40 from San Francisco...C'mon Telsa! Great products, horrific customer service.

On hold with Fremont delivery now....

Custom ordered 9/14, home delivery scheduled for today (9/25), with two free upgrade + 2K miles. Guess I live close enough to the factory...
Looks like you're the only one got the discount from custom orders. Someone on here got the same thing but then later got retracted the discount by Tesla. Only inventory cars on three days promo (Fri-Sun) get the discount from what I read here.

Looks like you're the only one got the discount from custom orders. Someone on here got the same thing but then later got retracted the discount by Tesla. Only inventory cars on three days promo (Fri-Sun) get the discount from what I read here.

I was ready to refuse the delivery if the discount is denied. Anyway that's the sole reason for my impulse order (saw the news on Friday and went to order next morning). Fortunately it shows up yesterday as "referral credit" and I made my final payment.

I did see quite a few others placing orders with discount as well in the showroom on the same day. Maybe they are just not on this forum..

@MLo1 Question for you, do you have wall charger installed? If yes, who install it for you and how much was the installation?
@chacha72 I used synergy 768 as I had the new one installed outside in a lock box (that I got from Amazon). see attached - and I had it paired with the existing one I had in the garage (handyman) If I recall correctly it was around $800 (non-permitted) I had to do my city permits.

So I have 2 Wall Connectors for my 2 Teslas - I would guess if its only 1 you'd probably get charged 500ish

Attachments

• IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 39
I was ready to refuse the delivery if the discount is denied. Anyway that's the sole reason for my impulse order (saw the news on Friday and went to order next morning). Fortunately it shows up yesterday as "referral credit" and I made my final payment.

I did see quite a few others placing orders with discount as well in the showroom on the same day. Maybe they are just not on this forum..
I heard thats what Sales Advisors were doing - instead of matching existing custom orders (like most of us in this thread), they were taking new orders to game the system... It was reported on Electrek and Elon found out and killed it.

@chacha72 I used synergy 768 as I had the new one installed outside in a lock box (that I got from Amazon). see attached - and I had it paired with the existing one I had in the garage (handyman) If I recall correctly it was around $800 (non-permitted) I had to do my city permits.

So I have 2 Wall Connectors for my 2 Teslas - I would guess if its only 1 you'd probably get charged 500ish
Thank you. Will give them a call.

This delivery process is interesting...
August 25 - placed order - delivery within two weeks

September 14
Tesla Update � We expect to deliver your Model X in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.

September 22
Your Model X delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 9/24 at 11 AM at the Costa Mesa Delivery Center. Prior to delivery, please complete and submit your delivery profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount

September 23
I call to see if we're still good for delivery the next day. Was told that the vehicle is in transit (factory is about 350 miles away)

September 24
The vehicle hasn't arrived. Reschedule for Thursday (26 September)

Today 10 am
I call to make sure it's there. Still in transit.

Today 11 am
You can come this evening at 730pm to pick up the car. Uber reservation sent.

Today noon
Transport truck is being held up by CHP. Uber reservation canceled. Can I come tomorrow, will the vehicle be here? Tesla response - we don't know...

... But everyone is saying that once I have the vehicle, I'll be super happy...

This delivery process is interesting...
August 25 - placed order - delivery within two weeks

September 14
Tesla Update � We expect to deliver your Model X in the next two weeks and will update you when your delivery appointment is ready to be scheduled.

September 22
Your Model X delivery appointment has been tentatively scheduled for 9/24 at 11 AM at the Costa Mesa Delivery Center. Prior to delivery, please complete and submit your delivery profile at www.tesla.com/teslaaccount

September 23
I call to see if we're still good for delivery the next day. Was told that the vehicle is in transit (factory is about 350 miles away)

September 24
The vehicle hasn't arrived. Reschedule for Thursday (26 September)

Today 10 am
I call to make sure it's there. Still in transit.

Today 11 am
You can come this evening at 730pm to pick up the car. Uber reservation sent.

Today noon
Transport truck is being held up by CHP. Uber reservation canceled. Can I come tomorrow, will the vehicle be here? Tesla response - we don't know...

... But everyone is saying that once I have the vehicle, I'll be super happy...

you will love it. I have a 2018 M3 long range and a CPO 2016 Model X- had issues with the X which they are buying back- I love both vehicles - which is why even with all the issues (read lemon) on my CPO I’m still getting a new Raven. The end to end process with Tesla is just bad. They have too many people involved and their handoffs are just plain bad. No one person can tell you what’s going on because they point the finger at someone else. If Tesla would only make end to end a single point of contact - order to delivery, that would make things so much better. But in my experience you have a order advisor, random people in the finance department, random people in fulfillment (ensuring your profile is completed), delivery advisors... and random things (if needed) like transportation. I wish they had a better status dashboard (like Domino’s pizza) which shows where you really are and what’s going on including : order,paperwork, production (and where in production), transportation, prep, ready for pick up.

Reactions: sandibhatt

here’s the article I was referring to earlier
Tesla changes end-of-quarter incentives after some 'abuse' - Electrek

“A source familiar with the matter told Electrek that there was some “abuse” and sales staff were working with new buyers to order new cars with the discounts to match inventory vehicles instead of matching orders to inventory vehicles for quicker deliveries.

Tesla ended up stopping sales advisors from being able to offer those deviations, according to sources talking to Electrek.”

Last edited: