Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you do with your Cybertruck reservation?

What are you doing with your reservation?

• Keeping reservation - planning to buy

Votes: 41 27.9%
  • Keeping reservation - going to wait and see

Votes: 54 36.7%
  • Cancelling reservation - getting $100 back

Votes: 52 35.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't hear about the no spare. Does the Ford Lightning have a spare? Only reason I can see for that is they don't want people jacking the truck up on the side of the road to change a tire and accidentally puncturing the battery.
It's in a drop down location underneath the rear, same as all F-150's and most trucks. I dislike the way Rivian has their spare located, which is inside a compartment inside the bed. You have to unload any gear, then lift the tire out. These are not light tires. The fact that the CT doesn't have a spare is just a dumb design. It obviously wasn't designed by actual truck users.
As far as not wanting a person to jack in the wrong spot and damage the battery, who's less likely to do that? The owner who knows their vehicle or a stranger? It's going to need to be fixed either way.

Reactions: E90alex
Anyone else holding on to the reservation to see what happens with FSD? If FSD becomes real (i.e. the truck can actually drive itself for ridesharing) and Tesla honors the locked in FSD price when the reservation was made then it would make Cybertruck much more attractive.
By the time FSD becomes “real” the current hardware will be long outdated and they would have cleared the reservations list and anyone can order one. Hell they will probably have inventory cars by then.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and coleAK
Anyone else holding on to the reservation to see what happens with FSD? If FSD becomes real (i.e. the truck can actually drive itself for ridesharing) and Tesla honors the locked in FSD price when the reservation was made then it would make Cybertruck much more attractive.

FSD has been "coming next year" for 7 years running.

I mean, for $100 it's not a bad hedge. I just don't think Tesla will be so generous in allowing owners to take in that much profit if they achieve it. I.e. with robotaxis that can charge themselves, why wouldn't Tesla just operate the robotaxis in most cities?

Reactions: Cold Dave
It's in a drop down location underneath the rear, same as all F-150's and most trucks. I dislike the way Rivian has their spare located, which is inside a compartment inside the bed. You have to unload any gear, then lift the tire out. These are not light tires. The fact that the CT doesn't have a spare is just a dumb design. It obviously wasn't designed by actual truck users.
As far as not wanting a person to jack in the wrong spot and damage the battery, who's less likely to do that? The owner who knows their vehicle or a stranger? It's going to need to be fixed either way.

Yeah the concern about the jack points is a non sequitur. All vehicles have jack points. ICE vehicles can also be seriously damaged if someone isn't using the correct jack points.

One of the things I miss about the RWD S is that the frunk is just barely large enough to hold a spare.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Yeah the concern about the jack points is a non sequitur. All vehicles have jack points. ICE vehicles can also be seriously damaged if someone isn't using the correct jack points.

One of the things I miss about the RWD S is that the frunk is just barely large enough to hold a spare.
I know I've had some tire shops refuse to change the tires on my M3P for fear of damaging the battery and stating that they didn't think their lifts could properly lift the car. They apparently did have one battery get cracked by an installer in the past.

The owner jacking the truck up to replace a tire is more likely to damage the batteries than having it towed to a shop on a flat bed where the shop works on these all of the time and knows where to properly jack it up.

The owner jacking the truck up to replace a tire is more likely to damage the batteries than having it towed to a shop on a flat bed where the shop works on these all of the time and knows where to properly jack it up.
EVs are not Fabergé eggs. Teslas have very well marked jack points and lift just like any other car. It’s not rocket science and they’re actually quite tolerant even when people don’t do things 100% by the book.

Reactions: outdoors
View attachment 995679

Lariat’s are being discounted by $7.5k and qualify for $7500 federal as well (not included in the price)Here’s an example of one being $15k cheaper than the cybertruck dual motor
Also, you can take it to the Ford Dealer right down the street for repairs. When you back into something in your CT (likely to happen when you have no rearview mirror), there's not a body shop in 200 miles that is going to touch that thing. In any E-truck, you're going to look real funny trying to pull into a supercharger slot towing your boat or camper.

You can put a spare on the roof like I do with my Jeep! Oh, wait CT doesn't have a roof........

• Funny
Reactions: FLRifleman
If an X will do your mission, then you aren't actually in the market for a truck. What am I missing? @T3SLAROD has a truck already.

There are still good deals on Lightnings if you want one. Ford is offering $7,500 in incentives plus dealers are knocking off more. A dealer near me has a Platinum for $80,638, Lariat for $65,934, and XLT for $56,784.

I do find it interesting that if you go to put in a new reservation today it says "DELIVERY IN 2024". There's no way they're going to make 2 million CTs in 2024 so they must be assuming a lot of those reservations will cancel at these prices and range.
Demand in 2024 will outstrip supply. Tesla will pump out 100% Cyberbeasts. Kind of dumb to get 80K per copy when they can get 100K per copy. It takes just as much time on the line to build a Beast as any of the cheaper models. Tesla is a publicly held for-profit organization. They have a fiduciary obligation to maximize profits for the shareholders. Dual Motor/Single Motor buyers, please move to the back of the line.

I think NotATeslaApp is using this thread pole as a source.
What a way to mis-represent the poll. The poll wasn't asking everyone, "Who's interested in buying". The poll was asking "Of those who have already put in a reservation, how many are keeping it and buying and how many of you are getting out of the reservation or holding onto it apprehensively to see what is to come?". If you gave that poll to the average person including non-Tesla owners and those who weren't considering a Tesla, the number of "buyers" would greatly be reduced!

Last edited:
I have been anxiously awaiting 2 * tri-motor "Full self Driving" Cybertrucks on order since 2019. Roughly # 200,000 and 400,000. They are long overdue, but they seem to be starting the deliveries. While I have not received any date or even a final price confirmation, I did see what the new order pricing was on the Tesla Site:
"EST. $96,390* - CYBERBEAST
DELIVERY IN 2024
320 MI. RANGE (EST.)
2.6 SEC. 0-60 MPH†
130 MPH TOP SPEED
845 HORSEPOWER
10,296 LB-FT TORQUE
11,000 LBS. TOWING CAPACITY
†With rollout subtract"
So it does not specifically mention tri-motor,
- The range is down to 320 miles (Tesla claimed) from the original 500 (loss of 36%)
- The tow capacity is down to 11k # from 14k
- The price is up 38%
- The optional "Full Self Driving" option went from 7k to 12k last I saw. I don't have full details.
I put quotes around the "Full Self Driving" feature because it is not full self driving level 3 or 4 or 5, but level 2. Tesla is using FSD as a package name rather than an actual capability. The "without rollout" disclaimer means they need a running start to get the 2.6 second 0 to 60, so more likely a 3 to 3.2 second 0 to 60 (Still very good, but also unlikely that 845HP can propel a 8k# vehicle from 0-60 in the published claims) Tesla uses 3' of rollout based on some of the articles.
Truthfully, the range and tow capacity are below my threshold for a truck. I prefer an EV truck, but in comparison, a F150 Hybrid has 700 Miles of range, 12.7k of tow capacity. The non hybrid has 14k of tow capacity and 550 Miles of range. I am uncomfortable towing with a Cybertruck based off some of the handling issues in the news so far.

I imagine I will get blasted for my thoughts, but I do research a lot before any purchase.

What a way to mis-represent the poll. The poll wasn't asking everyone, "Who's interested in buying". The poll was asking "Of those who have already put in a reservation, how many are keeping it and buying and how many of you are getting out of the reservation or holding onto it apprehensively to see what is to come?". If you gave that poll to the average person including non-Tesla owners and those who weren't considering a Tesla, the number of "buyers" would greatly be reduced!
Actually, if you find the Actual pole originally posted article that this hack mirrored and edited they made it clear they did not poll reservation holders just a random group of car buyers. Media loves to spin whatever gets a click.

Reactions: zoomer0056