Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you like to see added in software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't take anything you hear from the SC. Those folks are sadly not in the know. I have 2 friends that work there.
The one guy here in San Diego Kearny Mesa area has been with Tesla for 6 years now so I would think he would be in the know, but I agree there are some clueless people working there also but it could be new hires.

Fred

Back when I owned a Tesla (early 2017):
  • Better control of charge start and stop without having to use Visible Tesla.
  • Better control of when I install new firmware (FIXED).
  • Better estimate of how much energy I would use, taking into consideration terrain, traffic, and weather (like EVTripPlanner.Com) (FIXED).
  • Voice response that lets me tell it to do literally anything it can do ("Turn off parking warning"; "Turn off Auto Emergency Braking"; "Where is the closest open Safeway?"; "What was that beep you just made?"; "How far until the exit I have to take?"; "How cold is it where I'm going?"; "Set my current location as my work location"; "Extend my charge session to be enough to handle my upcoming appointments"; "Recline seat & mirrors to match"; "Turn up heat 3° in footwell"; "Text my girlfriend/boyfriend my ETA"; "Read the manual/constitution/book to me, about prewarming/4th Amendment/chapter 2"; etc.)
  • Virtual rear view mirrors on the screen so I don't always have to look at the actual mirrors. This would also allow dimming bright lights from behind me. The backup camera sort of helped, but wasn't 100%.
  • Better audio integration with talk radio, such as "Play Armstrong and Getty Show, Hour One from today, and skip 1 minute".
  • Better control over audio equalization in software. Maybe a pink noise feature.
  • Amenities list for each SuperCharger explaining the available facilities at each one.
  • Large green, yellow, red light signal on the screen to tell us when the traffic light we're waiting at turns green, since I'm so tall that I can't see the traffic lights out my windshield (only true on Model S at the time; FIXED IN MODEL X).

Last edited:
- Allow programming off-peak/mid-peak/peak charge times to match utility company rate plans. This to include weekday vs weekend, and summer vs winter. (See the exceptional job GM did in the Volt.)
- Allow an 'avoid freeways' selection in navigation
- Allow setting waypoints in navigation
- Better 'birds eye' view when parking
- Numerical readout of instantaneous power used/regened (without bringing up the energy screen)
- Optional 'blended' braking on the brake pedal when regen is set to "Low", to capture otherwise wasted power
- Support spotify/slacker/pandora and maybe XM (via net streaming)

1. Ability to view sentry mode videos in the phone app and delete or share from the app (what’s a thumb drive?)
2. Text message integration with my phone so the car reads my incoming texts and allows me to respond audibly (totally hands free to comply with laws like the one in GA)
3. Ability to schedule mobile service in the app (currently can schedule service at a SC but must call to schedule any mobile service). Btw mobile service rocks!

Reactions: imnotdavez
Tesla Roof app.PNG

This is the Tesla Roof app- Can we have this in dash and an app too please