Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What would you like to see added in software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear Cross Traffic back up sensors.

How are you envisioning software updates for rear cross traffic working?

The ultrasonics only see ~15 feet, and at that they react slowly.

Maybe you can get some mileage from doing object/motion recognition from the rear camera in the NNs, but it's a fisheye so the cars you're looking for aren't covered by many pixels when you want the warning.

• Move the damn +/- buttons to the drivers side of the map for the love of all that is good in the world, I have to lean over to zoom in my map which always seems dangerous
For the record, those buttons used to be on the other side, they moved it to where it is now because we complained that the nav instructions were on the far right hand side.

Reactions: BZM3 and StealthP3D
I’m not sure. Have you seen the Autopilot camera views stitched together

Sure have.

Doesn't change the fact the front cameras can't see below the hood line to offer an overhead 360 view. The car has no idea, visually, what's in front/below the front bumper- because there's no cameras that see that area.

I’m just asking for a way to tell if cars are coming laterally when pulling out. The cameras look like they have enough field of view to see vehicles at those angles.

Ah back from 360 view to cross-traffic.

The cameras in question can't see anything to the sides when backing out of a space other than the 2 cars parked on either side of you.

Look at where the cameras are physically located on the car.

Rear-bumper radar doesn't have that problem, being mounted on the rear bumper.

The only camera with any visibility when backing out is the rear camera- which can't see far enough to the sides to be all that useful here.

Granted, it’s a harder software problem without rear radar, but not impossible.

It's not a hard problem. It's an impossible problem.

Your side-mounted cameras can't see through the cars on your left and right to look for cross-traffic.

This, again, is why autopark backs into spaces

Because the front wide angle cameras can see to the sides fine- and there's front-mounted radar too.

So I'd absolutely expect advanced summon to have some kind of front cross-traffic abilities.... but rear?

The car lacks the sensors to do that. Software is not magic.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
Here in Europe we would very much like the software to include automatic unlocking of the charge port on approach. Only Tesla chargers have a button for this - when using other makes of chargers a manual unlocking via screen or app is tedious.

1. More robust scheduled charging
2. Notifications from Sentry Mode with a still image of what's happening
3. Sentry Mode viewer in-car with option to delete/reformat USB
4. SPOTIFY IN AMERICAS
5. Radar weather overlay option on map
6. Scheduled charging for trips so that it's at 100% when you set it that you're leaving

Sure have.

Doesn't change the fact the front cameras can't see below the hood line to offer an overhead 360 view. The car has no idea, visually, what's in front/below the front bumper- because there's no cameras that see that area.
the "non magic software" remembers what It saw as you drive over the object and displays that. LR uses the same tech.

Have you tried the tunein radio option on your Model 3? It is host to quite a few live sports channels.

I have tried tunein radio but it’s all talk shows. They just talk about sports and not an actual broadcast of a game. I can’t find a way to listen to a live NFL or NBA finals. Even the Golden Sate Warrior channel was talking about Sports but not talk about the actual game 6 Live.

I have tried tunein radio but it’s all talk shows. They just talk about sports and not an actual broadcast of a game. I can’t find a way to listen to a live NFL or NBA finals. Even the Golden Sate Warrior channel was talking about Sports but not talk about the actual game 6 Live.

Which AM station do you want to listen to? Type it’s call sign into a search and see if it is available.