Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P90DL face lift, early May 2016 build, rated 90% is 231, 100% is 258. From what I've been reading in this thread that is really low. Any thoughts? These figures are nearly exactly what I had on my previous P90D September 2015 build, I thought the face lift cars had higher displayed 'rated' miles?

S90D.
2,000 miles
90% = 258, down from 264 in two and a half months.

Oddly, my BMW i3 seems to have the same or more range after two years. Not entirely possible to tell because there is no "rated miles" equivalent on the i3, but no apparent loss of range.

S90D.
2,000 miles

Oddly, my BMW i3 seems to have the same or more range after two years. Not entirely possible to tell because there is no "rated miles" equivalent on the i3, but no apparent loss of range.
The % loss is consistent to what I lost the first several weeks after delivery. Have you ever calibrated by driving down to 10 or 20% then charging at home to 100%?

S90D.
2,000 miles

I don't know if BMW does this, but Mercedes doesn't give you the full usage of the pack and then uses the extra to hide any degradation.

In the case of the Tesla, it's more likely to be the algorithm and balancing rather than actual degradation.

Was that after an update or out of the blue?

Out of the blue; no firmware updates lately. I'd mentioned as recently as June 20th in this thread that I'd "climbed" (woo-hoo!) from 227 to 228, and it'd been showing 228 each morning ever since my earlier post. But then today, 230!

Now, I have been driving really carefully lately, obsessively keeping the Wh/mi as far below 300 as possible. Maybe this is the car's computer's way of saying it likes what it sees, so here's a little reward :)

P90DL face lift, early May 2016 build, rated 90% is 231, 100% is 258. From what I've been reading in this thread that is really low. Any thoughts? These figures are nearly exactly what I had on my previous P90D September 2015 build, I thought the face lift cars had higher displayed 'rated' miles?

P90DL delivered December 2015 in Norway.
90% was 380 km / 236 miles at first supercharge. Now it is 356 km / 221miles. Mileage 13,000 km / 8000 miles.
100% charge is 396 km / 246 miles.

Out of the blue; no firmware updates lately. I'd mentioned as recently as June 20th in this thread that I'd "climbed" (woo-hoo!) from 227 to 228, and it'd been showing 228 each morning ever since my earlier post. But then today, 230!

Now, I have been driving really carefully lately, obsessively keeping the Wh/mi as far below 300 as possible. Maybe this is the car's computer's way of saying it likes what it sees, so here's a little reward :)

Mine was 268 since I got it and then a couple of days ago it showed 270. It must be right on the edge of 270 because pulling it out of the driveway drops the range to 269. I've only had the car 3 weeks, so it's probably still getting used to me.