Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will Model 3 be available if you don't reserve?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all,

I can't decide whether to reserve a Model 3. How much sooner would I get the car vs. not reserving and just going out to buy one when delivery starts? I have a lease on a Nissan Leaf through Dec. 2018, so reserving might actually get me the car sooner than I need it. I would really like to time the end of the lease with a new Tesla. Should I reserve or not?

Sorry if this question has been covered already.

HI all,

I can't decide whether to reserve a Model 3. How much sooner would I get the car vs. not reserving and just going out to buy one when delivery starts? I have a lease on a Nissan Leaf through Dec. 2018, so reserving might actually get me the car sooner than I need it. I would really like to time the end of the lease with a new Tesla. Should I reserve or not?

There is a Model 3 section below this section.

Use that for Model 3.

HI all,

I have a Leaf lease through January 2019.

I reserved my model 3 at 11:20 today, got in line at 7:40.

Will order highly optioned model 3 in Texas. Still worried I may not get it by the time my lease is up. Actually hope I get it a year before my lease is up. Or as soon as possible...

Don't believe the Hype. Half the pre-orders will drop out when the time comes. $35K is for a base, when they start adding options to the car some of these people will request a refund. Some will sell their place in line to make a profit. As with any other car manufacturer they will make models that are available for purchase on their showroom. They won't be exactly what you want but they will be there.

I have a lease on a Nissan Leaf through Dec. 2018, so reserving might actually get me the car sooner than I need it. I would really like to time the end of the lease with a new Tesla. Should I reserve or not?

You won't get it sooner than you need it, because your reservation only determines when you'll be invited to configure, but you can delay indefinitely and only confirm your order when you're ready. So no harm putting down a reservation ASAP unless you can't spare the $1000.

I lined up on the 31st... Combined with being a Model S owner and Soon Model X owner (one of the first to be delivered in Europe) combined with the idea of making it Full Option Model 3..... I would have met all conditions to be prioritized... So... I expect to be one of the first in Europe to receive model 3..... End of 2018....

Reserving today would put me somewhere in 2020 I guess, unless Tesla can ramp up production incl. all supply lines!
By the way, I believe that they WILL be able to do that, because of the drive of EM and his team AND because others will step in and help because of the success of these pre-orders!

So, my advise... IF you want to drive before 2020, you still have a chance because you live in the US, but... I think you should make a reservation ASAP!

• Informative
Reactions: mistermonty705
I lined up on the 31st... Combined with being a Model S owner and Soon Model X owner (one of the first to be delivered in Europe) combined with the idea of making it Full Option Model 3..... I would have met all conditions to be prioritized... So... I expect to be one of the first in Europe to receive model 3..... End of 2018....

As a non-Tesla-or-SpaceX-employee, you have met all conditions to be prioritized except for one... You are not living in the Bay Area. But in Europe, you are right that you'll be pretty early..

Reactions: AnalysiZ
Tesla has repeatedly said that they plan on delivering 500K cars in 2020. There ramp up will not be linear but an S curve. Maybe 10 Model 3s in 2017, 200K in 2018, 400K in 2019, and 440K in 2020 (with 60K Model S & X). In this case anybody ordering now (or maybe anytime this year) you should expect a 2019 delivery date. I may be optimistic but even if it's 10 for 2017, 60K for 2018, 300K for 2019, 440K for 2020 they will still get their car in 2019.