Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where do people keep their parking gate fob/clicker?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Homelink would likely work just fine. Just need to program each gate initially.

As for the Geolocation function, it sounds like you may have an issue, but it’s pretty darn good at hitting the marks perfect. But you can still manually operate the home link functions on screen.

I have an entrance gate, and two garage doors. All of which work just fine with homelink.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Used velcro to mount under steering column…can’t see it but can easily reach it. My association gate will not work with homelink since our fobs use a proprietary signal for security reasons.

Tried sticking it behind the screen (bottom left corner). Didn't always work flawlessly (interference), so it went back clipped to my sun visor. Not as good looking for performs well.

Interesting! I've been meaning to try behind the screen to put it out of sight of burglars.

I had a lot of trouble with remote control range, often having to drive right up to the garage, whereas walking 150' down the street worked fine. Shifting the Model 3 into Park helped, so I concluded the car emits too much RFI for my 20 year old garage door opener. Replacing the door opener fixed that -- current models use 3 radio channels.

• Informative
Reactions: SanCarlosJeff
Yeah, when I said interference, I cannot say if it's additional RF that emanates from the car or if it's just obstruction. I can only say that my garage door remote works much better, more reliably, from farther away from the sun visor.
I cannot personally justify spending 400$ to obtain and install the Homelink thingy.