Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the new Supercharger going to be in NJ ? Any confirms?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Thanks JST! I'll be watching this one closely, as I have a trip to NJ scheduled for mid-February. If the Dec 17 meeting goes well and represents final approval, there's a chance it'll be open in time. (But the pessimist in me says that Dec 17 only represents zoning and maybe the site plan, and there's another possibly slow approval process that needs to happen for the electrical permit.)

On further searching, I found at the November 4th Edison Planning Board Technical Review Committee meeting the following for 1st Review

Supercharger.JPG

Looks like 6 chargers/spots.

http://www.edisonnj.org/document_center/TRC__Nov_4th_2013.pdf

Great news guys!!! The date on the document was Nov 4th., any news or sighting of work being done? I saw the Tesla equipment on the Merritt pkwy in Greenwich CT today. They are going in on both north and southbound rest areas. Maybe once they are done there, probably in a few weeks they will go to Edison. We are looking good for travel south especially for my 60. It will be easy to get to Newark DE with a quick stop in Edison!!!

Great news guys!!! The date on the document was Nov 4th., any news or sighting of work being done? I saw the Tesla equipment on the Merritt pkwy in Greenwich CT today. They are going in on both north and southbound rest areas. Maybe once they are done there, probably in a few weeks they will go to Edison. We are looking good for travel south especially for my 60. It will be easy to get to Newark DE with a quick stop in Edison!!!

The November 4th doc looks like a staff assessment. I assume the 12/17 hearing is where they will vote on the variance. Assuming it's approved, work would start after that. I don't think there's much chance of it being done by 12/31, though I think end of January is possible.

The November 4th doc looks like a staff assessment. I assume the 12/17 hearing is where they will vote on the variance. Assuming it's approved, work would start after that. I don't think there's much chance of it being done by 12/31, though I think end of January is possible.

It is great news that it cleared the technical review and would be ready for committee vote. Depending on the municipality, Tesla might be allowed to start digging once it is approved and could be finished pretty quickly and operational depending on permit issuance and inspection.

I would remind everybody that the Edison location is in a very busy major mall. I doubt the mall would want construction started before January 1st, even if the contractors could move that fast. I could be wrong of course.

I would remind everybody that the Edison location is in a very busy major mall. I doubt the mall would want construction started before January 1st, even if the contractors could move that fast. I could be wrong of course.

It's at the very back lot of the mall, and once they run the electric over (probably do this off-peak shopping hours), then the construction site will be pretty localized. You really think one end of this, obviously rarely used, overflow parking lot would cause that much of an issue:

njsc.jpg

#optimistic

I got my father-in-law to put a NEMA 14-50 in their driveway in central jersey for me anyway, so this isn't needed that much now for me. It will be for trips to the shore and Atlantic City though!