Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know some will hate to hear this, but my wait has been blissfully brief. I ordered my white/white LR/AWD/Aero Sunday, 5/26 (late evening) and received a text Wednesday morning, 5/29 with a 6/10 delivery date. I got a VIN on 5/30 and was emailed 5/31 by a delivery advisor to finalize payment, etc. She said shipment to Texas will take 7-10 days after the vehicle is funded, so I could indeed receive it by 6/10 assuming the wire transfer goes through on 6/3. When I test drove a Model 3 at the Austin gallery on 5/25, the advisor said to expect 5 weeks for delivery.

I ordered my white on white P3D 5/16, and will be taking delivery 6/3 in eastern PA.
Congrats!

Yeah, they don’t mess around with performance model. It’s the poor souls that ordered white LR’s that really felt the pain.

Also doesn’t hurt that its the end of Q2 — they gotta push those deliveries thru so they can collect the cash!

I know some will hate to hear this, but my wait has been blissfully brief. I ordered my white/white LR/AWD/Aero Sunday, 5/26 (late evening) and received a text Wednesday morning, 5/29 with a 6/10 delivery date. I got a VIN on 5/30 and was emailed 5/31 by a delivery advisor to finalize payment, etc. She said shipment to Texas will take 7-10 days after the vehicle is funded, so I could indeed receive it by 6/10 assuming the wire transfer goes through on 6/3. When I test drove a Model 3 at the Austin gallery on 5/25, the advisor said to expect 5 weeks for delivery.
I do hate you a little. :)

Ordered white on white P3D 5/25.

Radio silence since.

I did find out that Wells Fargo is getting out of the car Loan business. So have to see if my credit union across state will Loan me the money.

Envy you guys...
I ordered April 2, and just got VIN 3 days ago. I was wondering if this was an online scam or something taking so long...But no..Its real! It will come for you too. Looking at it now...the wait is part of the fun. Check out aftermarket stuff, plan your wall connector, We have even joined the Waterloo Region Electric Vehicle Association. So much fun!

Sorry - I should have qualified that with “certain other right-hand-drive countries” :) Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, etc.

It’s interesting to see that price and options has flip-flopped around. I worked out the price here in New Zealand compared to the US and the UK and the Performance seemed a relative bargain here while the SR+ is more expensive. Now I worry that the Performance price might go up!

-Alex
Also, I guess I should add that the UK now only offers two models SR+ and Performance (essentially AWD LR with Performance acceleration and top speed). You can get the 'Performance' model without the Performance package (£48,590) and if you want spoiler, brakes, pedals, TM, etc. it's an extra £3,700.

Also, I guess I should add that the UK now only offers two models SR+ and Performance (essentially AWD LR with Performance acceleration and top speed). You can get the 'Performance' model without the Performance package (£48,590) and if you want spoiler, brakes, pedals, TM, etc. it's an extra £3,700.

That’s interesting - because that’s the same as what’s been rolled out here in NZ (and Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, etc.)

I did the calculations and worked out that for the Performance version with upgrade package, we got a better price than in the USA. We pay about £1000 more than you guys, but you have a £3500 government subsidy (and then pay it back with your ‘luxury car’ tax...) so really, we get a great price.

Then I saw a tweet from Elon in response to the disappointment of Japanese customers at not being able to order the white interior - apparently, black-only is to reduce complexity for matching production to deliveries in smaller markets. I live in a smaller market.

So, I’ve given up and placed my order. :)

-Alex

Wow! I've *only* been waiting since 4/28 for a white/white P3D FSD, and I've also been thinking about cancelling. (Cold feet?) I already have made up my mind that if Tesla can't get it to me in time for the current tax credit (7/1 it goes down by $1875) I'm going to cancel. If they throw me a bone (like free supercharging) then I might reconsider. Tesla told me "May delivery." Not much "May" left.

Replying to my own post to provide an update.

The day after I made this post, I got my VIN, and less than 5 days later, I was driving my white/white P3D.
I had a friend talk some sense into me about my fear of poor initial quality and having my Tesla dealer so far away from my home. He said: "You're buying it for the technology and the Tesla mystique. You'll see the flaws, but you'll just hold your nose and sign the paperwork." He was right about that. Except I saw no flaws--the car was perfect. No regrets. I hope I can say that after 3, 6, 12 months of ownership. So far so good.

Ordered: 4/28; VIN:5/27; Ready (delivered to Virginia): 5/30; Picked up 6/1.

So it was 32 days from ordering it to it being ready for pickup. (I had to wait for Saturday to carve out the time for the long drive up to Richmond.) I'm happy I waited for my white/white P3D. FSD is incredible, and (IMHO) worth it now. It will be even "more worth it" as it improves.

If anyone else is out there getting cold feet or considering settling on something other than white/white, then message me, and I'll give you a pep talk. White/white is breathtaking and head-turning. Tesla does bright white better than anyone. And who knows...in a year or so, I may chrome delete and get some aftermarket black rims and change the car's look completely.

Hang in there, my brothers and sisters.
--H

I ordered a p3d white/white on April 30th, crickets. Not a word beyond a call from the solar sales team to talk to me about solar at my home.
wells is still lending. use the online portal. That's how I did it.
When did you do it? I don’t see the ability to start a new auto loan on their website. The local branch said it stopped in April.

Spotted this on my way home Sunday afternoon and thought to myself, "what are the odds of a white/white 3 porting in my area this week?....there's no way this is NOT my car!". Next day I got a text that my car was ready for pickup. Woohoo!

IMG_9770.jpg