Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White on White Interior Waiting is pain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Credit Unions are great places to check out for a loan. They are community based and usually give good rates.
The big banks would rather make big loans to the fossil fuel industry.
For a while, Tesla was offering to match any loan rate -- credit union or otherwise. This is potentially useless info now, but...there it is.

Noticed that the "Edit Design" button was gone so I decided to check the source code and found the VIN on my White on White LR AWD w/ 19" Sport Wheels (392,XXX) . Finally, what a big sigh of relief!

Funny thing was that I contacted the Tesla store in Salt Lake on Tues night to just change my config to a MSM w/ White Interior and he was able to match me with an inventory car. I looked through videos and pics of the color and MSM just didn't speak to me and there are quite common in my area. I regretted that decision so I emailed him to the next day to revert back to the original White on White config.

I figured I already waited this long so what the heck. I can't wait for delivery!

Damn. Not sure why you didn't get your VIN yet. Looking at the tracking spreadsheet, it looks like there were a bunch of people who got VINs on LR AWD White/White Aero builds last week. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll be next!
You can see the future, got my VIN lol.

shawshank-redemption-rain.jpg

Hey guys...just a heads up. SIX White/White LR AWD unicorns were just released in inventory in the Denver/Littleton area for immediate delivery along with THREE Blue/White. It is a nice way to beat the impending June 30th deadline!

So, is this delay only for white ext - white int combo?

If I'd order in the near future a red - white 3, would the estimate on tesla website be accurate or it's still based on luck how long I'd have to wait?
The White interior will absolutely delay your order if there isn't one in stock. Red and white are the headset for Tesla to paint, Elon has said as much so I'm sure there isn't a desire to focus on these colors for long stretches.

The estimate on the website is a complete lie. It only works if there is a car in stock with your build.

Check https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/ to see if your build is in stock somewhere.

I am planning to stop by a store before placing the order, just to see what the rep there has to say... I'm not particularly fond of the idea of getting an inventory model (which can very well be a refused delivery or return car...) but I can at least ask.