Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sales rep told he he’s guessing the car should arrive maybe Friday. Don’t quote me though. Are you doing third party financing or you financing through tesla? Our state prohibits direct sale so you can only pick up at Clarkston if you do 3rd party or cash
May I know if you are doing third party as well? If so, did you find a better rate in SE Michigan.

Paperwork says there are 15 miles on it. Is that normal? Seems a little high.
I had the same thought when my first VIN was assigned, it said 15 miles. I asked the sales associate if that was expected and he said it was probably just a placeholder, they mark it high on the paperwork and in the app that way if they need to move it around at a location, they won't have to write it up again. He checked the VIN in his system and the actual odometer was at 6 miles.

Reactions: hoss_vw
I had the same thought when my first VIN was assigned, it said 15 miles. I asked the sales associate if that was expected and he said it was probably just a placeholder, they mark it high on the paperwork and in the app that way if they need to move it around at a location, they won't have to write it up again. He checked the VIN in his system and the actual odometer was at 6 miles.
Mine was 3. All paperwork said 15

Reactions: YisPatHere
OD 1/20
EDD 3/1-3/31
MYLR white/white
Kansas City

If I were to switch to the MYP would it be at the cost it was before the price increase? Like when I did order originally? And do we think it will push my EDD out further?
I've upgraded my original order MYLR (placed on 1/13) to MYP (changes made on 2/3) thinking it would assign me a VIN faster and the price was adjusted accordingly at the cost before the increase but my EDD was pushed to 2/9-2/23.

So, I picked up my Model Y today at the factory. It was a trip seeing the rows and rows and rows of cars waiting pickup. When I bought my Model X it was down in So Cal.. and the Model 3 was delivered.. so this was neat getting it in Fremont.

They were running about 30 minutes late.. then I got the text to goto the specific spot to pick it up. When we got to the car we go in to the app and accept delivery.. then it pairs the phone to the car allowing you to open it up. Monrooney was inside along with the keycards, etc.

We used the the Model Y checklist on GitHub to go over everything. There was a lot and there was nobody from Tesla except for somebody that does deliveries and detailing a car. The front hood fits just OK... the rest of the car looked nice. It was fascinating comparing and inspecting all the other cars against ours and I feel we ”got a good one” compared to some of the others. The detail guy mentioned they all have their own unique “tesla flaws”. The clean job wasn’t great.. the detail guy said they come out of the factory super dirty.

Love the white interior. It really grew on me. Used a ceramic spray from Chemical Guys on the upholstery that was recommended… then swapped the hubcaps (since they are 19”) and did a few other little things like screen protector, spoiler, magbak charger.

I do feel like it has a bit of the “boomy” sound coming from the rear hatch. Will have to investigate.

It was built on Sunday the 4th.

No PPF on rear fender area
No Mudflaps
No Matrix headlights. In fact, I looked at at least 25 brand new 3’s and Y’s and none had the Matrix headlights there.

We love it. Only twist is that the guy that left the deposit on our Model 3 backed out, so I need to sell it still. Bummer.

So, I picked up my Model Y today at the factory. It was a trip seeing the rows and rows and rows of cars waiting pickup. When I bought my Model X it was down in So Cal.. and the Model 3 was delivered.. so this was neat getting it in Fremont.

They were running about 30 minutes late.. then I got the text to goto the specific spot to pick it up. When we got to the car we go in to the app and accept delivery.. then it pairs the phone to the car allowing you to open it up. Monrooney was inside along with the keycards, etc.

We used the the Model Y checklist on GitHub to go over everything. There was a lot and there was nobody from Tesla except for somebody that does deliveries and detailing a car. The front hood fits just OK... the rest of the car looked nice. It was fascinating comparing and inspecting all the other cars against ours and I feel we ”got a good one” compared to some of the others. The detail guy mentioned they all have their own unique “tesla flaws”. The clean job wasn’t great.. the detail guy said they come out of the factory super dirty.

Love the white interior. It really grew on me. Used a ceramic spray from Chemical Guys on the upholstery that was recommended… then swapped the hubcaps (since they are 19”) and did a few other little things like screen protector, spoiler, magbak charger.

I do feel like it has a bit of the “boomy” sound coming from the rear hatch. Will have to investigate.

It was built on Sunday the 4th.

No PPF on rear fender area
No Mudflaps
No Matrix headlights. In fact, I looked at at least 25 brand new 3’s and Y’s and none had the Matrix headlights there.

We love it. Only twist is that the guy that left the deposit on our Model 3 backed out, so I need to sell it still. Bummer.
Congrats! Still waiting for my MYLR with white interior ordered on 1/14. Pretty bummed to hear no more Matrix lights from Fremont

Congrats! Still waiting for my MYLR with white interior ordered on 1/14. Pretty bummed to hear no more Matrix lights from Fremont

Strike that. My bad.

My car does indeed have Matrix headlights… I looked at more comparison photos and it looks like that is what I saw on all the cars.

60E151BE-97F3-43A1-B9F3-4357CD6A67CD.jpeg