Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Lady @JT8427
I'm in Houston too. Seriously there something is up with Houston area delivery/delay? It seems like many from other regions ordered way after us and got VIN or delivery already??

OD: 1/13/2023 @ 10AM (everything completed by then)
Current EDD: Feb 18 - March 3 (this is latest after numerous changes)
Still no VIN...
Houston area also. UGH.

OD: 1/14
MYLR, W/W, 5 seat, 19”
All available pre-delivery tasks completed
EDDs: (multiple; didn’t start keeping records until last week)
2/11: Feb 12 - March 12
2/13: Feb 16 - March 2
2/17: Feb 17 - March 2
2/18: Feb 24 - March 10
No VIN

Reactions: Lady
Question for those who have submitted a trade in. Has anyone’s 30 day window expired and if so, what’s the process there? Do we just resubmit the trade in details and wait for an updated offer?

I got my trade in offer on 1/28, but my updated delivery is last week of March, so my offer will be long expired by then.
Mine expires soon. I’ll let you know in a day or two

Reactions: LuryeMI
How’d it go?
What was your OD and location?
It went well I suppose but I think during the crazy rush of orders Tesla is hiring some subpar employees though. Everyone seemed to hate their job at the service center and it looked like a bunch of college drop outs running the show. No one was wearing any Tesla shirts or gear and it was very unprofessional. I basically drove up and checked in and someone pulled my car up and handed me the card keys and said here you go you are all set - bye. That was it! No offer to show me the car or anything. I mean fortunately I'm pretty tech savvy but the experience was pretty sub standard. Well now on to the details.

My order date was 1/25 and my original EDD was 3/28-3/31. But I traded reservations with a member on here since they were not quite ready to take delivery yet. We both have the exact configuration. I was worried there would be issues but no questions asked and registration was all handled the night before. I paid cash so I'm not sure if that made it easier or not but I don't see any issues if I had used a loan instead.

Now on to the car - I got a Austin Build in Southern California. I can confirm none of the Austin builds have matrix headlights on the lot. I saw perhaps maybe 5 or 6 Austin builds in the parking lot. There were about 3 or 4 Fremont builds and all had Matrix Headlights.

Build quality is fine. Yeah perhaps the panels gaps are larger than say my Mercedes but nothing was out of major alignment like some pics i've seen on here. There was perhaps a tiny small nick about 2 mm on one of the window trims but it's not that big of a deal. Probably happened during transport. It does look like the tweeter cover is on correctly though on the driver side. Seems like a easy fix though. Only other issues is there is a small tear in the cloth on the back seat where the leather meets the back seat cloth. Looks like it might have just been stretched too tightly. Again nothing major and as long as it doesn't get bigger it should be fine since you can't really see it. I did see one Fremont car have pretty crappy panel gaps though and the window trim where the front door meets the back door was off by a centimeter.

Reactions: Lady
Better call your SA or toll free number before making any changes. You are in 2 week window so your car might have been in production already. I called SA and they told me I should expect my delivery in 3 weeks as it's completing build. In app still says 2/25-3/25
So when you get a narrow window that means your car is being built?

My current estimate is March 25-31. Hopefully that date doesn’t slip more.

You guys give the SA's far too much credit. They really dont know much more than we do other than they might have some more experience with trends but they are pretty low level employees and they don't have any special insight on what goes on at the production facilities. it's more a less a guess as well.

Reactions: SpeedyGringoY
You guys give the SA's far too much credit. They really dont know much more than we do other than they might have some more experience with trends but they are pretty low level employees and they don't have any special insight on what goes on at the production facilities. it's more a less a guess as well.
That's not true. They definitely know more info. For inventory car they can tell you build date, rejected or not. If car build starts then they will know that too.

That's not true. They definitely know more info. For inventory car they can tell you build date, rejected or not. If car build starts then they will know that too.
They have different levels of access, and different levels of willingness to share their access with customers. I worked with two SA's together at the same site, they seemed to be of similar experience, but one of them directly asked the other if he had access to several different internal tools, which he did not, so the other one had to log in to check on a few different things. Some of those who have the greater level of access see it as a waste of their time to constantly update anxious customers, so they just say they don't know, but others actually don't know.

Better call your SA or toll free number before making any changes. You are in 2 week window so your car might have been in production already. I called SA and they told me I should expect my delivery in 3 weeks as it's completing build. In app still says 2/25-3/25
I had a 2 week period two updates before this one. Really doesn’t matter until you get a vin. Plus a lot of people are getting “expect your vin in 1-2 weeks” and i didn’t get anything. I asked my SA about my vin and he said “your Edd is late feb to early March” lol! Basically just read what my current Edd said in app.

I had a 2 week period two updates before this one. Really doesn’t matter until you get a vin. Plus a lot of people are getting “expect your vin in 1-2 weeks” and i didn’t get anything. I asked my SA about my vin and he said “your Edd is late feb to early March” lol! Basically just read what my current Edd said in app.
I used to get similar response before but last time they gave more info.