Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White/White Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OD was 1/23 and my EDD pushed from March to 4/3-5/8 N.C RALEIGH
Unfortunately your order was long after the bulk of the rush from the price cut on MLK weekend 1/13-1/16. In the larger Model Y waiting room thread it looks like most orders after ~1/19 have been pushed back to April or later. There are a lot of factors at play, and a lot of speculation about why so many had EDD's change by 2-6 weeks on 2/14. I think the earlier EDD's were based on the anticipated demand and ideal production conditions, where the actual demand was much greater, and production is never completely problem free.

While we are all waiting on our confirmed DD, how about confirmation of 2023 upgrades. This is what I know based on limited research:

Comfort Suspension
Matrix Headlights (adaptive? What do that mean?)
Alcantera door trim
Carpet Lining in door storage area
Cargo Area Cover
Upgraded Audio System ( Performance model only)

Did I missing anything?

While we are all waiting on our confirmed DD, how about confirmation of 2023 upgrades. This is what I know based on limited research:

Comfort Suspension
Matrix Headlights (adaptive? What do that mean?)
Alcantera door trim
Carpet Lining in door storage area
Cargo Area Cover
Upgraded Audio System ( Performance model only)

Did I missing anything?
Are there Matrix headlights coming out of the Austin plant yet? For a long time only Fremont builds were getting Matrix LEDs. There was some speculation that Fremont would switch back to regular LEDs once a supply chain issue was corrected, but so far it seems that they are still using Matrix. Matrix LEDs allow finer control of what is illuminated and what isn't, so you can have the equivalent of high beams on your lane, without shining the same brightness into the eyes of oncoming drivers.

Another few changes:
  • Late in 2022, the rear door emergency releases were updated to make them easier to use.
  • At Giga Shanghai, the rear seat thigh cushion was extended by 30mm on outboard seats, with the change expected to be adopted worldwide in the future, though I haven't seen anything about when we should expect that in the US.
  • Cars in snowy parts of the country now get front mud flaps and rear door PPF from factory.

Two white on white ready to be snapped up if you live in the correct delivery area for these two...

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 4.56.10 AM.jpg

Reactions: Yocchini