Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who Has The Highest Mileage 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This one was posted on the Facebook Model 3 group a few weeks ago:

83810736_2673614746054183_8346900775179386880_n.jpg

My favorite part:

upload_2020-2-14_8-33-23.png

TESLA MODEL 3 Owners Club

About the above post.

Come on people.....lets have some fun.....since there haven't been any updates to complain about for a while.

If you can't laugh at yourself then...….

avoid mirrors at a all costs.....oh well....hopefully somebody smiled.

lol

Hurry up and read this post before it gets moved to "unrelated content".

Something else for your viewing pleasure.
Sentry Cam caught Hit & Run

• Funny
Reactions: TomB985
My biggest takeaway from everything I've read from high mileage owners is to not worry about the car.

The example I posted above had over 95% of his original battery capacity, and he didn't baby the thing. He apparently supercharges regularly, charges to 100% nightly, and routinely runs the battery down into the single digit percentage. Combine that with other reports mean that battery degradation isn't something worth worrying about.

The only mechanical issues he reported were a door hinge replacement caused by wind damage and lower front control arm replacement. His car had a lowering kit installed, which is what he blamed the control arms on. Other than that, he just kept tires on the thing, plugged it in, and drove it.

I looked for high mileage examples before by my car last April, and was satisfied with what I saw. Examples like this and those posted above make me extremely comfortable with my purchase. These things are built pretty well.

Per Teslafi my battery degredation is 3.42% with a full charge rated at 300.53 miles (Tesla Model 3 Performance, 310 miles when new), I supercharge a lot but do charge at home and hotels regularly over 58,917 miles. I charge to 90% nightly, occasionally to 100% if going on trip, I try to arrive at a supercharger with at least 10%, but lately been pushing it to 5%.
Screenshot_20200214-140454.png

AC Charges

1438 Charges At 71 Locations
4,962.95 kWh added
5,931.19 kWh used

84 Days 20 Hours 56 Minutes, total time
1 Hours 24 Minutes, average time
$ 450.09, saved (hotels and free places)
$ 455.50, cost (home)

Supercharging
497 Charges At 156 Locations
13,937.01 kWh
8 Days 14 Hours 35 Minutes, total time
24 Minutes, average time
$ 2,132.15, saved (free lifetime supercharging)
$ 0.00, cost

Last edited:
Per Teslafi my battery degredation is 3.42% with a full charge rated at 300.53 miles (Tesla Model 3 Performance, 310 miles when new), I supercharge a lot but do charge at home and hotels regularly over 58,917 miles. I charge to 90% nightly, occasionally to 100% if going on trip, I try to arrive at a supercharger with at least 10%, but lately been pushing it to 5%.

57a.jpg

Check out this page for the highest mileage cars. You can tweet at them to get your car listed.

@TeslaMiles

Right now the highest is at 57000+.

I'm just about to break 13,000 with 300-303 on a full charge.

Nah there's a guy that has over 100k.. The guy that made a thread on here posting his model 3 video that got deleted because people were flaming him for posting it. Then again I suppose 100k is higher then 57000+ ....

I wonder if the SR would be "easier" on the tires than say performance AWD. Anyone here with a high mileage SR?

Chill mode is easier too tired than sport mode, but I’m not about to start driving around in chill mode. ;)

Also for the group: TeslaMiles is no longer updating the high mileage leader board and has a note saying Telsa should replace it within six months, whatever that means.

Chill mode is easier too tired than sport mode, but I’m not about to start driving around in chill mode. ;)

Also for the group: TeslaMiles is no longer updating the high mileage leader board and has a note saying Telsa should replace it within six months, whatever that means.

I agree and I don't use chill on the SR either ;) Just hoping my tires last longer

I wonder if the SR would be "easier" on the tires than say performance AWD. Anyone here with a high mileage SR?

The stock tires, at least the 18s, aren't exactly champions of long wear. I recently replaced my first set of Pilot Sport 3+ with the same at Costco. Got about 45k out of the first set and they were better in every way except a little more road noise.

Just crossed 90k miles, I rarely charge to 100% but it would be right about 300. I supercharge several times a week at least and charge to 90% most nights and rarely go below 20%.