Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is waiting on the 2024 changes to order a Plaid?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you pressed and held down one button and the others would not click, I'd call that proof enough.
I’d think so too! But it really took me a moment of playing with it to figure out what was going on. It’s so, so much better than the anemic Model S/X refresh haptics. That’s why I wonder if the refreshed wheel/yoke feature better haptics on the 2024 S/X. I’ll have to check one out when my 2022 Plaid is in service next week for suspension clunking. 😞

I hope so. My CT reservation just came up for order for Mar-May delivery. I’m leaning towards just getting another plaid instead of the CT, the CT draws too much attention. Would LOVE a plaid+ or updated plaid, it’s been my fave Tesla I’ve owned.

Reactions: phantasms
Here is a video of the new Model 3 performance. Someone mentioned that the Plaid looked like it had different seats. Do you see that as well? This is in China.

1708984041092.png

I haven't sat in a 2024 yet, but if it's like the 2024 Model 3 refresh, the haptics are fantastic on it. The yoke looks the same (minus the new horn/camera button), so it doesn't look like the haptics would be any different...
Got to sit in a 2024 Model X with the new steering wheel with center horn, and the haptics and scroll wheel jog buttons (i.e. left and right on the scroll wheel) are the same crap we've had since day 1. Missed opportunity for Tesla to fix them, but nope. Anyone who says the haptics are great on the S/X has NOT sat in the new Model 3 Highland.

1709070672229.jpeg

Not having a working front park distance sensors is a deal killer for me. I absolutely won't buy another Plaid without them.

I highly doubt a front camera will be able to work as well as sensors on the corners. Still so pissed than Elon removed them from the S and X. Penny pincher with his worthless vision system. He used us all as guinea pigs and vision failed.

Not having a working front park distance sensors is a deal killer for me. I absolutely won't buy another Plaid without them.

I highly doubt a front camera will be able to work as well as sensors on the corners. Still so pissed than Elon removed them from the S and X. Penny pincher with his worthless vision system. He used us all as guinea pigs and vision failed.
So what I hear you saying is Elon lacks Vision? 😁

Reactions: Jameslook
Seriously ? I never heard this, i was mainly on the delivery thread.
I have a pending Model S order.
Please elaborate and educate me. 🙏

Don't you expect a corresponding price increase?
Yeah it's hard to keep track of these things. I do not expect a price increase, but anything is possible. You may well get this new refresh depending on delivery date, assuming it's true, of course!