Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who's getting the normal steering wheel?

Getting normal steering wheel?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find the new OEM Tesla wheel makes the Plaid far more approachable....driving my friend's '22 with the Yoke it felt like I was hanging on when I floored it, much more serene with the wheel on my '23... but I appreciate YMMV and people should use whatever makes them happiest

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Hopefully in future firmware there will be a way to change your graphics onto a steering wheel graphic.
Tesla should be able to change this on their end so that your vehicle shows a wheel icon instead of the yoke. The yoke steering has been an “option” since the Plaid was released about two years ago. For example, this is what my Tesla account has shown under “Car details” for my Plaid ever since delivery two summers ago:

96EFD53A-A3AD-4749-981A-910814A7BD08.jpeg

Reactions: Murtaya
Tesla should be able to change this on their end so that your vehicle shows a wheel icon instead of the yoke. The yoke steering has been an “option” since the Plaid was released about two years ago. For example, this is what my Tesla account has shown under “Car details” for my Plaid ever since delivery two summers ago:

I remember somebody finding this setting a long time ago, and I would have assumed it would be used exactly for doing this (swapping yoke/wheel text and images in the UI, etc.):
1679721673563.png

Haven't heard anything about it for a long time though...

I remember somebody finding this setting a long time ago, and I would have assumed it would be used exactly for doing this (swapping yoke/wheel text and images in the UI, etc.):
View attachment 921157

Haven't heard anything about it for a long time though...
Good memory

Round wheel doesn't feel right after using the Yoke.

Yoke feels much more proper and futuristic.
Disagree. Nothing about it feels proper, particularly when driving the car at speed through turns or even low speeds in residential areas. Have lost track of the number of time I’ve found myself maneuvering an extremely heavy and fast car with one hand and even just two fingers because of the pointless Yoke. Can’t wait to get it out of the car.

Disagree. Nothing about it feels proper, particularly when driving the car at speed through turns or even low speeds in residential areas. Have lost track of the number of time I’ve found myself maneuvering an extremely heavy and fast car with one hand and even just two fingers because of the pointless Yoke. Can’t wait to get it out of the car.

While I disagree personally, the yoke has been awesome and flawless for me in the last 72k miles and definitely not "pointless". Feels and performs very proper for me.

I do fully respect that you personally tried it and found it did not work for you. It is not for everyone but it is for some.

Hope the wheel brings it for you.

Got my car back today and return the loaner. Front motor and left and right half shaft assemblies fully replaced - no charge, all under warranty. My mobile service appointment to get the round wheel installed was moved to next aval, which is 4/3.

Reactions: dmurphy
Got my car back today and return the loaner. Front motor and left and right half shaft assemblies fully replaced - no charge, all under warranty. My mobile service appointment to get the round wheel installed was moved to next aval, which is 4/3.
What exactly were your issues that required such major work? A motor and the half shafts! I hope it resolved the issues.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot

Glad everything is fixed for you. Paramus is really good about stuff like that (including loaners.) My appt for the wheel is on Tuesday - will keep you posted here how it turns out.

At least they were proactive. I saw someone above experienced where the mobile ranger actually showed up, but without a wheel.

For sure. I'll say - they're ALWAYS communicative. I'm a little bummed because I just want this done, but it's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

As a side note, I drove my Model 3 today for the first time in about a month and ... wow. I miss a real wheel. And stalks. Lovely, lovely stalks.

My appointment was today, but got moved to 4/5. At least they notified me before I drove the 70 miles to the center itself. I phoned them and they said I will be their first customer to get the retrofit wheel that they have had. Apparently the Tesla store never notified them about my sale. We shall see how it goes, if I don't get pushed back to a later date.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ and Nickos