Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I recommend AGAINST buying a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it depends on your view of Tesla I suppose. They could be limiting the performance just enough to make the 8 year warranty period and consumers will still be stuck with out of warranty replacements. Or they could be limiting the performance so we will have good batteries for 16 years.

Too bad they won't say which it is.
I hate to say it but my gut tells me it is the former. I only say this after reading about how these MCUs are having to be replaced because of a glaring oversight by Tesla engineering:
UPDATE: Tesla Cars Have A Memory Problem That May Cost You A Lot To Repair

And we're hearing more and more stories about things not being covered under warranty as "in spec", or even the yellow screens having to be paid out of pocket:
Tesla's official answer on the yellow screen : teslamotors

The thing is, Tesla is still having some growing pains, not to mention struggling to become profitable consistently. It wouldn't surprise me that something that is literally a 'computer on wheels', wouldn't make them think they could tweak some settings under the guise of "this is for your benefit", when in reality they may have realized that a lot of these batteries may need replacing (think Performance models especially), because of SC overuse, max charging, etc. and are trying to stem the rising tide of warranty claims.

Which is also not really feasible for EVERYONE.

Which is exactly my point. No one lives in glass houses here. And I totally agree with your assessment.

We all can and should do the best we can for the circumstances we're in, both overall and daily.
It's the completely unreasonable and hypocritical hysterics meant to pass judgment and assign guilt that I don't abide.

As for the other fellow, go preach to those who truly aren't even trying, rather than sit in almighty judgment of those who are doing the best we can-- but lose the attitude and toxic talking points, as they are more detrimental to the movements they proclaim to support because humans are, by nature, contrarian when judged offensively.

You speak with the absolution and certainty only present in those that have become singularly obsessed with how they’ve been grievously wronged by another person or entity.

If the eventual outcome of this were even a quarter as cut and dry as you profess, it would have never happened to begin with.

Yeesh....he Sounds like Mark Speagle.

It's hard for some people to separate their support for a financial investment from a company that does bad things sometimes. We have to forgive those people, they want to insult people who have been wronged by their investment.
I have no illusions or dissonance around needing to support a company or otherwise excuse bad behavior.

My only motivation is to point out that your rigid interpretation of the company's intent and the way the law is going to respond to it is entirely presumptive and borderline delusional. It reads like a wounded spouse, not a rational assessment of fact.

My last comment on this.

If you have a clue behind why those crimes were committed I'll listen, but all I want is for the crimes to stop and the reparations to be made within the constraints of the law.

You've built an entire house of cards on the assumption that a crime has been committed. You no doubt believe this wholeheartedly, as you feel strongly that a crime has been personally committed against you. That doesn't make it true. Assuming it's a fact does no favors for anyone, including yourself.

You've been going on like this for months. Whenever you write anything here you should append "in my imagination" and it will then be accurate. This is not insulting, this is simply reality. Learn to live with it. Perhaps someday some part of what's in your imagination will be reality, but I very much doubt that will be any time soon.

Meanwhile you continue to carry on a campaign of insults and accusations against Tesla, its officers and representatives, and its lawyers. What makes this a reasonable thing for you to do?

Meanwhile an interesting story was just shared here:

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019 Investors' Roundtable

Reactions: Ken7
No, I'm not.
I love driving my Tesla, but I DON'T love sitting for a third of my road time at a supercharger waiting for the emasculated charge rate to put enough juice in the battery for the next leg of the trip.
The newer versions of the S, with the longer range and batteries not enfeebled by software updates, are tempting.
But MY car, when I bought it, supercharged in a bit more than half the time it takes now. Tesla intentionally degraded the charge rate, and intentionally did not, and still will not, provide any sort of technical explanation or data for it. All they've ever said, to my knowledge, is basically that my battery will degrade faster without the reduced charge rate.
So as a result I don't trust Tesla not to screw up more cars. Who's to say they won't wind up doing the same thing to new cars in the next year or two or three? If they find a problem that they can avoid repairing by a software update, they're more likely to take that path again, now that it apparently has worked the first few times they've tried it. For THAT reason, I will not purchase another Tesla, nor will I recommend them to others.

Can you provide specifics on what your charge rates are currently at the SC? Is it the same at V1 and V2 chargers? I believe Tesla has updated charging curves (for the worse) for all cars. Tapers start a lot sooner than from a few years ago. However, charging times haven't significantly increased for me (100 pack).

For those who don't know who $tslaq is...they are a group of shorts who are betting against Tesla .. unfortunately the only way they can make money is by spreading rumors and hoping the company will go bankrupt. I have long suspected that they have invaded this forum.

I don't have any problems with genuine concerns, but beware of $tslaq .. they don't own the car, just spread rumors.

I don't think Bet is "Tslaq" I think his financial motivations go the other direction. He's deceptive and dishonest in trying to ignore the issue itself but even though it sounds like he is trying to let Tesla keep doing bad things forever (and that would be a tslaq motive) I believe his motivation is short term profits *for* Tesla not against it. Long term though, he should be listening to tesla owners not insulting them. The best thing for tesla long term and the worst thing for the bankruptcy trolls is for tesla to fix its problems without drama as quickly as possible. This one got out of hand but if we hold them to a higher standard they will remain the company they were before they started lowering the standard.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke and ZsoZso
I'll be happier when they return what was stolen. Tesla makes fantastic cars - you should get one! You will, unfortunately, lose a lot of the one sided enthusiasm, but on the positive side you won't get banned any more for attacking owners that share their experiences you wish hadn't happened. I loved my car, and I still kind of like it but wish they hadn't taken most of my car away with an OTA.

My sig has no insults You self identify with your portfolia too much I think; actual events should not make you feel insulted, or make you feel entitled to insult. Let go of your financial need to suppress the news and you'll be happy again.

Sudden Loss Of Range With 2019.16.x Software

Don't be deceptive. You know the crimes I am talking about. You were banned for attacking Tesla's victims in that thread and you're still attacking me here. Tesla's actions are their own fault, nobody holds you accountable and you don't need to defend their mistakes. They can do bad things (and have) without making you a bad person. Don't let their actions be your excuse. You will be happy if you let things sort themselves out in court without trying to shout down everyone impacted.

Discuss events and issues - you keep trying to make this personal, but it isn't to anyone but people who look for interpersonal conflict.

Last edited:
My 2014 MS p85D was just in service and had the 85kwh battery changed out to a 90kwh and I have to say I love the replacement battery installed. 264 miles 100pct charge is great.

I did just pick up a 2016 MX 90D from Tesla with warranty and the battery seems to be ok with normal degrading. I will check the battery version number and press to get battery replaced by bringing it in multiple times .

What was the complaint that resulted in the battery replacement?

My last comment on this.

You've built an entire house of cards on the assumption that a crime has been committed. You no doubt believe this wholeheartedly, as you feel strongly that a crime has been personally committed against you. That doesn't make it true. Assuming it's a fact does no favors for anyone, including yourself.

It’s very clear that tesla is guilty of theft, head over to the “sudden loss” thread and read for yourself.

It’s very clear that tesla is guilty of theft, head over to the “sudden loss” thread and read for yourself.
"Very clear" to who? The people with a vested interest in that being true? That's not a particularly interesting or compelling argument to me, and I find nothing "very clear" on the details of this particular case and how they do or don't relate to any existing laws.

• Funny
Reactions: Droschke and PACEMD
Status
Not open for further replies.