Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm still wondering why the Titanium color was removed as an exterior color selection. I've been kicking around different potential reasons since the announcement, but am still unconvinced. I ordered and received Titanium at the end of September and really like the color. I don't know if I should be insulted, flattered or disappointed about Tesla's decision. What do you think was the reason? Is it as simple as "it just wasn't popular enough?"

Reactions: GaryH
While I don't think it was very popular (it may have been the least popular potentially based on my very unscientific estimate) and therefore might have been dropped like green and brown before it, sometimes popular colors also get replaced. The original dark blue was popular as was the gray and they dropped/replaced them. Could be that a new color is pending to replace it.

• Informative
Reactions: gabeincal
The original brow was discontinued due to lack of popularity. I think Titanium was an attempt to bring it back in a reduced form. Titamium looked like a lighter version of the old brown. I see quite a few Titanium Teslas so I don't think lack of popularity was the case this time.

We purchased a Titanium S60 in July and love it! The new front without license plate with this color looks awesome in my opinion. Since that, I had a loaner in red and another in pearl white for 2 weeks each and I was really looking forward to have my modest, elegant titanium back. Oh well, this decision makes some of our cars more special like the chocolate S's out there..

IMG_8960.JPG

Reactions: GaryH and Ormond
We purchased a Titanium S60 in July and love it! The new front without license plate with this color looks awesome in my opinion. Since that, I had a loaner in red and another in pearl white for 2 weeks each and I was really looking forward to have my modest, elegant titanium back. Oh well, this decision makes some of our cars more special like the chocolate S's out there..

View attachment 198828
It's elegant and understated. Very beautiful! Drive it in good health!

Reactions: GaryH and gabeincal
I have an old S in Titanium, and ordered my upcoming X with this beautiful colour to.
I love it(also because it's rare), and for me, it was the only choice.
But now I got a call from Tesla, that I have to change it due to wished delivery in April/May. Last one's are made in November.
I've had PearlWhite, MidnightSilver and Titanium on earlier MS, and none off the other colour's are interesting. I have to decide soon. Does anyone know, or heard of new color's coming? Find it really od that just 5 color's are offered......