Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

World Map of Model S Reservation Holders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nigel, I definitely agree, but this sample is probably heavily skewed toward earlier reservations, say the first 50% or so. I would be very interested to see where the most recent 5-6K reservations lie geographically. Spread around the US in a similar fashion? Clustering around existing owners/TM Galleries?

Of course, Tesla has all this information at their fingertips.

I would guess that later reservations are geographically located in similar areas as the map indicates. A vast majority of exposure of the Model S is in those areas because of limited marketing. The only exposure of the Model S to the public is through seeing the actual cars on the streets and by magazine write ups...and awards.

I didn't say it was good, I said it was huge. However, the larger a sample becomes the less you should worry about keeping it random.

Not necessarily true. The question is the representativeness of the sample. You could have a population of a million, 50% men and 50% women. If you surveyed half of the million but included only men, you'd have a terrible sample.

Randomness is critical and it makes possible accurate research with a much smaller sample. For example, the popular vote in Presidential elections can be accurately called with a national sample of only about 1,000 respondents, provided that the sample is representative of the voting population.

FWIW, the spread of reservations is pretty good across the P values for the US. Here's a table showing the distribution:

CountP Range
671 to 1000
391001 to 2000
442001 to 3000
783001 to 4000
514001 to 5000
595001 to 6000
416001 to 7000
357001 to 8000
338001 to 9000
259001 to 10000
3010001 to 11000
1611001 to 12000
712001 to 13000
713001 to 14000

According to my recent tally of map data, it is, Eric (@vfx). Washington is #3 of U.S. states on count of map pins (behind California and Texas), and #2 on map-pins-per-capita (behind Hawaii). I just got a big batch of Florida reservations posted (thanks, Larry, for wrangling those), which will have pushed Washington to #4 on the absolute count.

Where does it push Texas?:biggrin:

Larry

Hi, I am a recently new model S reservation holder in GA , just added myself to the map, P13602 at latitude longitude 34.069054,-84.234901.
I am both excited and nervous about my reservation.
I would really like to get into contact with some other reservation holders near me.
I see that there are (relatively) a lot of them in Atlanta, and even a couple within 10-15 miles of me.
Would really like to chat with some of the other owners as it looks like Tesla is really going to force me to make a decision by end of Jan.
And I have a lot of questions (as to what options to get, etc.)
If you read this, P6652 and/or P3249, please contact me if you are interested in talking about this, comparing notes, etc.
thanks!

Hi, I am a recently new model S reservation holder in GA , just added myself to the map, P13602 at latitude longitude 34.069054,-84.234901.
I am both excited and nervous about my reservation.
I would really like to get into contact with some other reservation holders near me.
I see that there are (relatively) a lot of them in Atlanta, and even a couple within 10-15 miles of me.
Would really like to chat with some of the other owners as it looks like Tesla is really going to force me to make a decision by end of Jan.
And I have a lot of questions (as to what options to get, etc.)
If you read this, P6652 and/or P3249, please contact me if you are interested in talking about this, comparing notes, etc.
thanks!

Welcome, Alpha. Hopefully you can find the local people.
There are some threads on the forum which are very helpful on choosing the options but the whereabouts are eluding me at the moment.

Welcome, Alpha. Hopefully you can find the local people.
There are some threads on the forum which are very helpful on choosing the options but the whereabouts are eluding me at the moment.

Thanks! I am quickly finding my way and have already e-met (is that a term) a couple of them.
It's nice to be part of a community like this.

Also, it would be great if we could denote delivered or not.
It would be great, but unless you were diligent in keeping your magic URL, updating these points would fall on my shoulders. And, because I've got no way to contact people (and in many cases, the entry is anonymous or incomplete, e.g. "P64xx"), there's no way I could be accurate or complete even if I wanted to try. So, we'll just have to content ourselves with an ever-growing number of points.

It would be great, but unless you were diligent in keeping your magic URL, updating these points would fall on my shoulders. And, because I've got no way to contact people (and in many cases, the entry is anonymous or incomplete, e.g. "P64xx"), there's no way I could be accurate or complete even if I wanted to try. So, we'll just have to content ourselves with an ever-growing number of points.

New map??? "World map of Model S owners"