Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Your Top 5 Anticipated Supercharger Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anywhere in San Diego County (see downtown garage, currently locked up after hours and on weekends (?!)
Anywhere a second time in San Diego County (see Carlsbad)

I can loudly hear the call for more San Diego county sites. Watching closely if the Carlsbad locations get finished in the next month. They'be been on the books for a long time. With the number of drivers living in San Diego county, it's pretty amazing there aren't more installed there.

New unexplored uncharted territory: Has anyone driven south from Boise to Winnemucca NV along that US 95? That is a really nice short cut instead of heading all the way east and then back along I-80. But where to place it? There is truly nothing along that route. But a super time saving trip if it could be done. Only 4 stalls would surely suffice but what's the density of EVs there? It seems like everyone drives a pickup or SUV...

How about filling the hole in Arkansas? Jonesboro, Fayetteville?? Again not may cars there yet - just like Idaho.
Ron

Reactions: tmoz
New unexplored uncharted territory: Has anyone driven south from Boise to Winnemucca NV along that US 95? That is a really nice short cut instead of heading all the way east and then back along I-80. But where to place it? There is truly nothing along that route.
Yes it has been done and there are a couple of options along the way. See the details in this thread.
Winnemucca, NV to Boise ?

New unexplored uncharted territory: Has anyone driven south from Boise to Winnemucca NV along that US 95? That is a really nice short cut instead of heading all the way east and then back along I-80. But where to place it? There is truly nothing along that route.
Good of someone else to notice it. Yes, that is THE route from San Francisco to Boise, and it's still missing a Supercharger connection. And it is the same huge triangular hole in the Supercharger network that makes traveling across eastern Oregon difficult, like between Boise and Bend.

Good of someone else to notice it. Yes, that is THE route from San Francisco to Boise, and it's still missing a Supercharger connection. And it is the same huge triangular hole in the Supercharger network that makes traveling across eastern Oregon difficult, like between Boise and Bend.
I just drove it last week, and it is a pretty drive that cut a lot of time off. We stayed the night in Burns, and charged at the Harney County Chamber of Commerce (it's on Plugshare) overnight. I called ahead, and they had no problem with parking overnight to charge. That said, there are only two charging options, one Tesla connector and one NEMA 14-50, and I don't know if they can be used concurrently, so it might be a one at a time thing. It would be a great spot for a Supercharger-nice drive and friendly people. Until that happens, there is a Level 2 option.

1. Stockton, CA
2. Mendocino, CA
3. Turlock/Merced, CA
4. Santa Cruz/Capitola, CA
5. Castro Valley, CA

Because I live in an apartment in Stockton, I regularly have to route out to Manteca to charge. There is literally a 10 mile wide hole free of any reasonable public charger compatible with a Tesla starting from the Port of Stockton. Mendocino would make it possible for me to drive along all of Highway 1 north of SF (which I've never done before). The rest are just conveniences.

Reactions: Drucifer
literally a 10 mile wide hole free of any reasonable public charger compatible with a Tesla
Wow, ten whole miles! :)
I kid! I'm happy that we're at a point now where that can seem like a big hole, especially after trying to plan a trip to the Big Bend area of Texas.
For the population density of Stockton and all those Model 3's coming in where people may not have home charging (yet), I'm sure you're right.
To stay on-topic:
Fredericksburg, TX
Bethany, MO
Anywhere between Little Rock, AR and Oklahoma City, OK.

Looks like Jordan Valley is the spot to locate one.
or Burns Junction or Rome if you don't care about amenities.

It would be nice to have a supercharger in Burns. We put in a 70 amp charger (80 knocked down to 70 by low main voltage) but couldn't afford a supercharger, ha ha. And Winnemucca has chargers. It's only 220 miles between, but what interests me is that people want to pay for a 60 KwH car and then drive like it's a 100. Cain't be did, usually.

Folks, really, if you like to road trip, at least buy a 90, drive a little slower, and enjoy life a little more. Fussing over where the next charger is, or waiting for a 50 amp charger at an RV park (and paying parking rates), is a pain in the battery. I know. Too expensive. Maybe so. We've told our pretend daughter that we'll pay for the bigger battery when they buy their 3. Life's too short to sit waiting at a slow charger.

Reactions: Rocky_H and tmoz
I kid! I'm happy that we're at a point now where that can seem like a big hole, especially after trying to plan a trip to the Big Bend area of Texas.
For the population density of Stockton and all those Model 3's coming in where people may not have home charging (yet), I'm sure you're right.
I know, it's really not terrible, just charging is inconvenient on a weekly basis since I've moved here.

Reactions: kavyboy
Folks, really, if you like to road trip, at least buy a 90, drive a little slower, and enjoy life a little more. Fussing over where the next charger is, or waiting for a 50 amp charger at an RV park (and paying parking rates), is a pain in the battery. I know. Too expensive. Maybe so. We've told our pretend daughter that we'll pay for the bigger battery when they buy their 3. Life's too short to sit waiting at a slow charger.
You're not wrong. And I'm weird. But I bought a S70 and never regretted buying a larger battery. For the difference in price (at the time) we could take that saved money and have a limo pick us up and drive us around at any supercharger stops that don't have decent facilities. (Waayyyy to cheap to actually do that, but we could!) On even the worst stops, there's something slightly interesting to do, even if it's just striking up a conversation with the desk staff at a nearby motel. (Italy, TX, is the exception. Great location when you need it, but yikes! Stay in the car.)

Reactions: Rocky_H and tmoz
You're not wrong. And I'm weird. But I bought a S70 and never regretted buying a larger battery. For the difference in price (at the time) we could take that saved money and have a limo pick us up and drive us around at any supercharger stops that don't have decent facilities. (Waayyyy to cheap to actually do that, but we could!) On even the worst stops, there's something slightly interesting to do, even if it's just striking up a conversation with the desk staff at a nearby motel. (Italy, TX, is the exception. Great location when you need it, but yikes! Stay in the car.)
Off-topic, but what happened in Italy?

Yeah--the horror. I keep staring at that spot in Burns that will divide in half a route that is 31 consecutive "ten whole mile" spaces. I saw in another thread that a shopping center in the area of Hayburn, ID got contacted by Tesla to work on a Supercharger to shorten the tough Twin Falls to Tremonton distance, but it just made me sigh at why they are doing that instead of Burns.