Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was trying to avoid going through 80+ pages :/

Summary:
- Uncorking takes about 2 hours. Only software for 75Ds.
- SCs do not have authorization from corporate to uncork if delivery was taken before July 1st.
- Most SCs might even tell you , your car's hardware is not capable of uncorking.
- A call into Tesla Support will get you all sorts of different answers depending on whether there was a full moon
or not the night before..
- Only one recorded person with a 2016 build that got free uncorking, that took delivery before July 1st.
( That publicly announced it on this Forum anyways.)

Summary:
- Uncorking takes about 2 hours. Only software for 75Ds.
- SCs do not have authorization from corporate to uncork if delivery was taken before July 1st.
- Most SCs might even tell you , your car's hardware is not capable of uncorking.
- A call into Tesla Support will get you all sorts of different answers depending on whether there was a full moon
- Only one recorded person with a 2016 build that got free uncorking, that took delivery before July 1st.
( That publicly announced it on this Forum anyways.)

That's what people have deduced, not 100% confirmed. Unfortunately I'm going to have to be cagey here but not all of those bullet points are true.

That's what people have deduced, not 100% confirmed. Unfortunately I'm going to have to be cagey here but not all of those bullet points are true.

This summary was based on what people on this and other Forums have been saying... Cannot guarantee as fact, of course.
Which points do you disagree with?

The only points I can guarantee as I have experienced it, are :

This summary was based on what people on this and other Forums have been saying... Cannot guarantee as fact, of course.
Which points do you disagree with?

The only points I can guarantee as I have experienced it, are :

Sorry, I wasn't saying you personally think they're fact. Just that, that is what others have seen/observed but I was positing that some of these aren't fact. That's about as much as I can say. Sorry to be cagey and a tease but I don't want people to give up. :)

Everyone should do what I just did and go on the MyTesla page and voice our concerns to corporate. They recently updated the myTesla page and added a section for "inquiries" which can be sent to the Tesla support team or directly to "Tesla's executive team". I just sent the following to both Tesla groups, I suggest everyone else should do the same so that we may get a response! Feel free to copy and modify my message below as needed.

"There are many many people on the forums discussing uncorking of Model X and Model S cars build before the speed increase. People are saying that Tesla is allowing uncorking of cars delivered after July 1 2017, and that a firmware update is increasing 0-60. People are angry saying most vehicles including all AWD vehicles appear to be uncorkable since Tesla inventory cars and cars produced very early in 2017, 2016 and even CPO's are all being uncorked so long as they've been delivered after July 1. Is it possible to get an uncork for my MX 75D??? I've loved Tesla for a long time but it's seeming very obvious to everyone that Tesla is holding back to old owners and it's really upsetting!"

Sorry, I wasn't saying you personally think they're fact. Just that, that is what others have seen/observed but I was positing that some of these aren't fact. That's about as much as I can say. Sorry to be cagey and a tease but I don't want people to give up. :)
Everyone should do what I just did and go on the MyTesla page and voice our concerns to corporate. They recently updated the myTesla page and added a section for "inquiries" which can be sent to the Tesla support team or directly to "Tesla's executive team". I just sent the following to both Tesla groups, I suggest everyone else should do the same so that we may get a response! Feel free to copy and modify my message below as needed.

"There are many many people on the forums discussing uncorking of Model X and Model S cars build before the speed increase. People are saying that Tesla is allowing uncorking of cars delivered after July 1 2017, and that a firmware update is increasing 0-60. People are angry saying most vehicles including all AWD vehicles appear to be uncorkable since Tesla inventory cars and cars produced very early in 2017, 2016 and even CPO's are all being uncorked so long as they've been delivered after July 1. Is it possible to get an uncork for my MX 75D??? I've loved Tesla for a long time but it's seeming very obvious to everyone that Tesla is holding back to old owners and it's really upsetting!"

Hopefully people on this Forum are speaking the truth about at least their Tesla Issues :)

Agree. I asked the escalation support a while back and they simply replied "it cannot be done". I believe they have now flagged me and are not even responding to my emails..

Perhaps if they get a overwhelming amount of emails?? Power of social media at work :)

I'm curious to see how this will evolve :) Our 2017 Model X 75D was delivered before 1st of july. And it accelerates great. An additional full 1 second less to 60 (or 100km/h for that matter), would be fantastic :)

'uncorking' a nice bottle of wine could be appropriate ;)