Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

0 to 60 uncork

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The predecessor to our model x 75D was a Range Rover Sport SVR, tuned to about 620 crank hp.

But the thrill of the mx 75D feels so much more intense than the svr, I believe the svr was 4.8s stock. With the tune and pulleys. It was probably about 4.5s.

The only thing we miss is the sound that engine made. But for giggles, the MX wins. Especially getting on highways, and around town pottering.

Pic of the old “beast” attached.

Oh man, hard to give that up. My neighbor across the street has one. Very very impressive suv.

Had to stop by a service center and asked about uncorking while there. The tech took my vin and went to check. Came back and said it only works for a certain vin range which I was not a part of. The sticker on my door says 05/17 in the corner. Took delivery June 9th on an inventory model that I ordered May 28th.

If the tech's info was accurate then seems to be hardware dependent.

Had to stop by a service center and asked about uncorking while there. The tech took my vin and went to check. Came back and said it only works for a certain vin range which I was not a part of. The sticker on my door says 05/17 in the corner. Took delivery June 9th on an inventory model that I ordered May 28th.

My MX75D also has 05/17 manufacture date. I bought and took delivery in late August and the owner advisor and her manager said that all new inventory cars were supposed to eventually get the uncork update. It was very vague, and not sure 100% accurate.

Anyway, I have a visit to SC in a couple of days for FWD squeak so I'll ask if they can do the uncork. *fingers crossed*

I think from what we all have gathered so far is the 75 may require both hardware/software while the 75D is just software. Still no clear answer but that is what it has been seeming like. The manager at my SC even said he could uncork mine (75D) within minutes but can't without approval from corporate.

Reactions: MIT_S60

Do you have a S75 or S75D? As far as I have heard, only the 75D can get uncorked without any hardware changes.

If you have the 75D did he tell you what the VIN range was that could not get the uncorking. In previous weeks, ALL inventory new cars were getting uncorked, regardless of VIN. 196..., 197.. 198... etc..
Just curious because that is what they told me until recently. Now they just told me that they do not have authorization from corporate.

Last edited:
Reactions: MIT_S60
I keep the S Performance metrics linked in my signature. You may find the data related.

I had an interesting discussion with my service manager. He said they were instructed by corporate not to unlock any cars without approval, which I interpreted to mean that they HAD unlocked a few on their own and could if they wanted to.

I would be happy to add an X section to the metrics if you would send me a copy of the runlog.

Hey Krash, how can I find out what battery I have? BTX5 or 8? Thanks

I took delivery of a showroom MX75D last month, about 3 weeks ago. My Vin is 44497, and I understand my car was sitting in the showroom since around April of this year.

I would love to know if I have an uncorked car, and if I don't I would love to get mine uncorked. I guess we don't know if there are any real hardware differences, correct?

Do you think with a 44497 Vin, that I would have an uncorked version? My car feels quick, but not sub 5.0 seconds 0-60 quick.

My April-build X 75D that I took delivery of last week (as new car/inventory) was promised to have a 4.9 second 0-60. I used my phone's stopwatch app and an IOS app (Speedometer by Nordic Nations) to see it was clearly at a 6.0 second 0-60s and talked to my OA that said to take it into the Service Center.

I called the SC and lucked into them telling me to just come in and they'll check it out. Once I got there, they confirmed it was "uncorkable" and said to give them an hour or so to update.

Well worth the wait, it is very noticeably quicker off the line. I sold my S85 in August and the X, via the seat-of-pants test, is a lot faster.

The line from my OA is that any car delivered, as a new car, after July 1st qualifies for uncorking.

Reactions: Swift