Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've used this line before (here) and it wasn't true then and is only a half truth now. The only reason I got some sort of response was because I posted on this forum. I (still) have not received an "official" response on any of my open tickets on the 057 Tech ticketing system. This was the only response I ever got, nearly a month after my initial ticket was created regarding my issue.
I think that with the code you shared the only way you could get anywhere with them is if you ship your car to their facility. (Wherever that is at this point in time.) Another possibility is if you can get them to ship you a BMD so that they can try to remotely diagnosis the issue.

But that could very well end up confirming what they suspect, that you don't have a battery failure, and you will need to then pay to take it somewhere else to repair the actual issue.

My own personal experiences with Tesla service are that the customer MUST do all the diagnosis themselves FIRST and also research any and all procedures and potential TSBs and recalls... Because the numpties at the dealership will only skim the surface, select every possible component at full retail price, and then reach into your wallet and see how much credit limit you have before you smack them and tell them to quit it.

If you don't already know the full answer before you go to them, you WILL be screwed. Even if you already know the full answer, they will definitely still lie to you about something. Every time. Every. Single. Time.

Frankly, I'd LOVE IT if someone from corporate actually gave a shiit and contacted me and wanted to learn about my experiences, because I genuinely want to make the company better and enhance the adoption of EVs. There's a reason I have FOUR Teslas now, and it is NOT the company or the service department!

I believe in the cars, DESPITE the company's efforts to screw me over.

I think that with the code you shared the only way you could get anywhere with them is if you ship your car to their facility. (Wherever that is at this point in time.) Another possibility is if you can get them to ship you a BMD so that they can try to remotely diagnosis the issue.

But that could very well end up confirming what they suspect, that you don't have a battery failure, and you will need to then pay to take it somewhere else to repair the actual issue.
Why is this an excuse for the apparent complete failure to respond to a paying customer’s inquiry?

I mean, super nice of you to volunteer excuses for the business and explain all the reasons why it might not actually be their problem or covered under the program, but isn’t that something we should expect the business to be doing itself through the communication channels they have established and seem to be representing as having no outstanding inquiries and a 100% response rate?

What of those in this thread claiming to have exercised their “only remedy”, which is to cancel the plan, only to have the refund check “lost in the mail” for months and further communications lost in the ticketing system black hole?

Last edited:
My own personal experiences with Tesla service are that the customer MUST do all the diagnosis themselves FIRST and also research any and all procedures and potential TSBs and recalls... Because the numpties at the dealership will only skim the surface, select every possible component at full retail price, and then reach into your wallet and see how much credit limit you have before you smack them and tell them to quit it.

If you don't already know the full answer before you go to them, you WILL be screwed. Even if you already know the full answer, they will definitely still lie to you about something. Every time. Every. Single. Time.

Frankly, I'd LOVE IT if someone from corporate actually gave a shiit and contacted me and wanted to learn about my experiences, because I genuinely want to make the company better and enhance the adoption of EVs. There's a reason I have FOUR Teslas now, and it is NOT the company or the service department!

How does this rant pertain to the thread title 057 again? Must have missed the tie in.

Reactions: father_of_6

Quite extreme isn't it UL ...

One time I was at Jiffy Lube, after the oil change, the guy came and said, you need to change the air filter, and your fuel filter is installed backward ... I said "but I only serviced at the dealer before..." (actually new from factory) then he said, "those in the dealer don't know s**t, they always do it wrong, we are the true mechanic..". Oh well, I paid for the oil change and never went back.

Last edited:
Why is this an excuse for the apparent complete failure to respond to a paying customer’s inquiry?

I mean, super nice of you to volunteer excuses for the business and explain all the reasons why it might not actually be their problem or covered under the program,
Huh? o_O I didn't give any excuses. I simply gave a couple suggestions on how he might be able to resolve his issue, and a warning that it likely it might prove that the problem is not the battery.

Reactions: GSP and hydro
057 has not yet said the service plans won't be honoured. It is just silence. Therefore the only claim people have against 057 is if they have a valid service plan and their battery has failed. If your battery has not yet failed, 057 doesn't owe anything (yet).

If you do have a failure and 057 doesn't honour the plan, in theory you could have Tesla replace the battery and take 057 to court to pay for it.

This makes me think that it might actually be cheaper for 057 to pay for a Tesla service centre to repair the battery in the case of failure than to run a shop and do repairs in NC. Given the cost of the plan at $2k/car, if you only have one failure for every 10 cars on the plan, 057 would break even by paying for Tesla to do it at $20k. I would imagine the failure rate would be less than that over 2 years.

How does this rant pertain to the thread title 057 again? Must have missed the tie in.
Yelobird: See the quote above for the tie in that you missed.

I also very much would like the support that 057 had (emphasis on had) available for the classic Teslas, for the exact reasons I stated in my "rant" about the service centers. But if 057 can't make it work as a business model, then we are ALL in deep ship.

Reactions: hydro
Not making excuses for 057/Jason with my responses. Just being realistic. The key here is that times have changed due to the interwebs providing both an avenue for a vendor to establish their business as well a direct comms link with end customers (posts, DMs, etc.). Look at the myriad of wheel vendors. Some are actual manufacturers while others are resellers. If any go belly-up/run into issues, we’d expect updates every 24hrs like we do here, but reality is that making customers whole is not high on their priority list (compared to dissolution, legal issues, etc.). If the forums didn’t exist, Jason wasn’t a (previously) frequent post-er, we’d be in the position of the OP informing us that the shop is vacant. We’d hear zero from that point out, assume any remaining $$ already paid in is gone, and decide whether to work on legal avenues to recoup our losses.
Hoping for the best outcome of the biz surviving in some way, shape, or form, but not losing sleep over non-updates/posts to the forum.

Reactions: hydro and cbdream99
Not making excuses for 057/Jason with my responses. Just being realistic. The key here is that times have changed due to the interwebs providing both an avenue for a vendor to establish their business as well a direct comms link with end customers (posts, DMs, etc.). Look at the myriad of wheel vendors.

I think this product is just really different.

Battery failure makes owning a Model S not viable for many people. A few in this thread bought the car expecting to be covered by this plan in that event. Those people currently don’t know if they can afford the car they are driving.

I understand why people here want this business to succeed - it says something about the near-term potential of older EVs.

But that doesn’t change the situation for the people who bought the the warranty so they could afford their car (which apparently is only a service plan?)

A recent post said news would come soon.... would be nice if Jason could come on here and say "I expect to be able to say something in"
- six weeks
- six months
- Jan 1 2024
- 2 years (after all our plans have expired)

I've never heard of an NDA that was itself NDA'ed but the first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club.

Just man up, rip the band aid off and tell me I'm screwed and have no recourse, so I can move on with my life, if that is in fact what happened to us plan holders. The money spent is way less than my car's depreciation the past year, sucks to piss money away but the assumed broken trust due to silence is the worst. I hoped to never need the service plan but you sold us peace of mind and now I'm going to be driving for the next 2 years not knowing if I want the battery to die on me or not. I mean never want it to die on me but if it is going to happen, you want it to die during a Tesla warranty or 057 service plan coverage.

Last edited:
I'm dealing with a drive unit issue with my 2014 60 at the moment. I had intended to buy a new 3 in a few months and this unexpected cost had me thinking about going with a newer then 2014 S and picking up a 3rd party warranty instead. I remembered 057tech from pre-purchase research on my 2014 (they wouldn't cover my car due to age)......this situation stinks! For the person holding a battery warranty (or prepaid service agreement) there's absolutely zero good things to be found here.